Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,266
1 members and 1,265 guests
naraht

Old 10-07-2000, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Kelliebeans,

Are you at UMass or did you go there? I take it you are a Sigma Kappa? How is the chapter there?

I'm at the University of Arizona
Old 10-08-2000, 07:32 PM
SKgirly

Smile

Ok, I'm a Sigma Kappa and on my campus, we are def known as the most down to earth, funniest, and diverse sororities. I have friends in every sorority and we do our best to support every greek oranization. We are one of the largest sororities on campus.
Sigma K, all the way!
Old 10-09-2000, 11:33 PM
One Heart

Where are all of the Sigma Kappas at?
Old 10-09-2000, 11:56 PM
One Heart

Smile

SoCal and 33Grl...

Which GLO do you guys belong to?
Just curious.
Old 10-10-2000, 12:05 AM
sunglasses...

etinneSAI...

Sunglasses should be worn all year long...
Old 10-10-2000, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I am a junior at UMass, and I am also a member of Sigma Kappa. I am not mean, snobby, ugly, fat, slutty or any of the other traits that some people on this board seem to think are fitting of Sigma Kappa's. My chapter does not haze, we are close to our national officers and have won numerous high awards in the Greek system. We have the highest GPA on our campus, My sisters are the most talented and beautiful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. If there are some individuals out there that have tarnished your image of Sigma Kappa please try to remember that none of us are perfect, and that every sorority in the world has a few problem members or policies. We are striving all together as a Greek system to better ourselves, right??
Kellie
Beta Eta Chapter,
Sigma Kappa
Old 10-11-2000, 02:07 AM
April

Kelliebeans...

Well said.

LIS
Old 11-18-2000, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone, my best friend is a Sigma Kappa at ASU, arizona state university. She was kind of having a hard time deciding between SK and ADPi but she finally came to the conclusion that she felt more at home with SK. Are there any SK's from ASU in here?
Old 11-19-2000, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

At URI the chapter is kind of seen in different light depending who you ask...to me they seem pretty girl next door, but definitely have the party girl reputation from some and I hear hazing rumors all the time. Again those are just RUMORS.

They have been at URI a very long time. In fact my boyfriends Mom was one in the 60's.

[This message has been edited by coffeemug (edited November 19, 2000).]
Old 01-25-2001, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Agree with the University of Hartford reply. They are known at UHA as rejects who didn't get into Aephi or SDT. They are also known for stalking the baseball and lacrosse teams inaddition to TKE.
Old 01-31-2001, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I have been dating the former president of the Sigma Kappa chapter at my school for almost a year now. She is the best. The Sigma Kappa chapter here, is generally really down to earth, fun groups of ladies. They also won the Fraternal Excellence Award(highest award on campus) last spring at the Greek Week Banquet. I am sure they will make another strong running for it this year.

------------------
David Treat
Lambda Chi Alpha
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Old 02-14-2001, 05:31 PM

There used to be a Sigma Kappa chapter at the University of Iowa -- at least until the early 90s. Does anyone know what happened to it?
Old 03-07-2001, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

The Sigma Kappa chapter at my school doesn't have a reputation for getting along well with other Sigma Kappas (snotty, elitist, whatever), but I'm dating a Sigma Kappa from a neighboring school and her chapter is wonderful! I have yet to meet one I didn't like!
Old 03-11-2001, 03:22 AM

Smile

Hi SAEactive...

Thanks for your information. I'm curious however to know which schools you are referring to. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-14-2001, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ULChiOCutie Send a message via Yahoo to ULChiOCutie
The Sigma Kappa bunch at our school is ok, but not the strongest on campus. They place 3rd in alot of things, but they are good in grades! Most are sweet, but if you were to see one on campus, you would most likely get a turning of the cheek. When I rushed them, they were nice, but OVERLY nice. They were all up in my mix, and it made me feel very uneasy. They all seemed fake at rush also. I am not knocking the Sigmas on my campus, they have alot of strong girls, but each chapter is very different! Also, whenever you see them at a party, they walk in a abig clump, and walk out in a a big clump. Who knows what is up with that....anyways, thats just my two cents!