GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,354
1 members and 1,353 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-26-2003, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Great to hear such news-the Nu colony is making an AWESOME start! You'll have your 50 in no time! Yea!
Old 09-26-2003, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
hooray for this amazing start!!! you all were so lucky to have Jen Hunt come down, and it sounds like you have awesome support now!!!!!! have a great time!!!
Old 09-26-2003, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Its sounds like your Phi Mu colony has had an amazing start and looks like you are well on your way to campus total! Good Luck!
Old 09-26-2003, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

way to go ladies!!! good luck with the rest of the interviews!

fuzi, are you finding lots of upperclassmen who never thought about being in a sorority are coming out for your rush? were there any phi mu legacies at your school who showed interest in the colony?
Old 09-28-2003, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FuziCrayon
Quote:
Originally posted by pinkyphimu
way to go ladies!!! good luck with the rest of the interviews!

fuzi, are you finding lots of upperclassmen who never thought about being in a sorority are coming out for your rush? were there any phi mu legacies at your school who showed interest in the colony?
There are a good number of upperclassmen who are interested this year. And I know that one reason they've even considered going greek is because my sisters have been so active in going out and recruiting for the past two weeks. We've done something called Nighty Nites where we go do cheers up and down all of the dorm halls and hand out candy bags and talk to the girls, we've stormed the halls, searching for girls that we know are interested, as well as those who just may not know about it. I'm really proud of my sisters. We're hard workers, but we've never put this much into recruiting new members before. We're going out there and getting girls who are too nervous or just dont know about how awesome Phi Mu is!! I have heard about a legacy here at Shorter. I'm not sure what's going to happen with her yet, but I'll keep you posted.

PS We just had our "Officer Training" this weekend and it went great! I can't wait to work on the webpage and get our calendar and new information up!

Phi Mu, the lifetime of wonderful.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
fuzi~ we were talking aobut you (very briefly) at our alumnae chapter meeting today!!! phimuantique was there and that's how it got started! i'm so glad things are going well for you!!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Hey, so by my count your Bid Day and formal pledging were yesterday! Let me congratulate Fuzi Crayon, Phi Mu, and the Nu Colony!!!

I know that the local decided to stay local... how is this affecting their rush?

Also, what came of the other independent women who were discussing starting a third sorority (a national)?
Old 04-12-2004, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys - here's an update. Nu Chapter has finally been initiated! We are an official chapter of Phi Mu (and I have a copy of the charter laying on my bed to proove it)!! April 4th we initiated 49 women!! We had many guests from the executive office help, as well as sisters from the chapters at Breneau, West GA, GA Tech, and Columbus State. Initiation Week as well as our two initiations were amazing. Saturday we initiated 47 and then Sunday we initiated two of our softball players who had a game on Saturday. So we got to be on both sides of the ceremony in just ONE weekend! What an awesome thing to share with your best friends I can't wait until our next initiation!

Old 04-12-2004, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on initiation - being on both sides in one weekend! =) Wow!
Old 04-12-2004, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on your initiation!
Old 04-12-2004, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
OHHHHHH!

A great BIG congrats to you! I JUST realized where you all are. I know someone who was in the local (the one that became Phi Mu). I have a question for anyone that can answer...

When you have a situation where there's a local with alumnae, what happens to the alumnae if the local goes national?

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am soooo excited for you Fuzi!!!! and the rest of the NU CHAPTER!!

preciousjeni- alumnae from the local can be initiated into phi mu. i am not sure if there are any circumstances that would prevent someone, but they would have the option. someone can correct me if i am wrong.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats to all...
enjoy your new sisterhood.
it shall be giant.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: OHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally posted by preciousjeni
A great BIG congrats to you! I JUST realized where you all are. I know someone who was in the local (the one that became Phi Mu). I have a question for anyone that can answer...

When you have a situation where there's a local with alumnae, what happens to the alumnae if the local goes national?
Who did you know in Delta? I'm dying to know!! Maybe I know her Also, our Delta (local sorority) alum who graduated as Delta are allowed to initiate as Phi Mu Alum! How cool is that?! Our mothers can also initiate and gain alumni status even if they weren't in Phi Mu in college.

Old 04-13-2004, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on initiation and colonization! What's the news about the other local(s) possibly going national any time soon?