GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,158
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,221
2 members and 1,219 guests
Xidelt

Old 06-14-2005, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to treblk
Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
To the Sisterfriends:

Let me elaborate on this "help and support". . .

I have been fortunate to have been a member of GC for 5 years and a Delta for 8 years. I have come across many interests on GC who have become very special to me so it warms my heart when I see them become my Soror. There are quite a few on here who we connected on GC by nature of the various conversations we have had. To use my Soror MeezDiscreet as an example. While she was an interest, she was on GC talking to us and not just about Delta. WE talked about music, school, etc. To use Soror Gina as another example, she and I talked about breakups and America's Next Top Model. They posted on GC. I got to know them and see them beyond their interests. To use a non Delta example, soulfulremix posted on this side of GC and I liked what she said. Not knowing where her interest lied, I was totally shocked to see her become an AKA because she never was on here fawning over the AKAs. She came, she posted, she observed. However when she crossed, I was hella amped for her. Because I felt I knew her somewhat.

I said all of that to say, don't USE us on GC just to get to Delta. There are waaaaay more Deltas in real life than there are on GC. For your Delta questions, if you cannot ask the Deltas you know, please don't come on GC and bombard us with PMs. Please. YOU have to do your part. I cannot hand Delta to you. I will NOT hand Delta to you. You have to WORK and PRAY and have the GPA as well as the community service to achieve Delta.

Advice I give you is to stand out POSITIVELY to the Deltas in your area.

Now to the Sorors and other Greeks who used to be an interest or a sisterfriend on GC (since we all at one time or another have been an interest), but have now achieved membership, please share, if you feel so lead.
YOU BETTA PREACH!!! and this goes to all those seeking membership in all orgs. GC is about life in general..as well as greek life.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

CT4, in the time I have been observing here on GC I'd like to thank you for your honesty.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
I wasn't going to post in this thread at first, but I have since changed my mind. I joined GC in 2000, and I didn't become a Delta until 2003. I posted all over the place in all forums and about different topics in general. I like the fact that I could add my opinion to different topics that weren't greek related, and to be honest, I really didn't post to threads that were greek related. Now if I felt that I had something valid to add, or if a question that was asked about how a non-member felt about something, then yes there were times that I would post my reply, but for the most part, I didn't come here to ask questions that I knew that I would ask someone face to face.

Now when I did finally become a member, I won't even lie, I couldn't get home fast enough and post to the Delta forum to let mey GC family know that I had finally achieved my dream of becoming a member of Delta Sigma Theta, because for me there was no other.......and it was a very long time coming. The only thing that I can say to interest on this forum is don't act as if anykind of answer is owed to you when it comes to the sorority or frat of your choice.

I don't really think that I can recall asking any members any questions via PM about Delta, but I see ladygreek, CT4, and Kelli posting and what they had to say and how they addressed different topics.....I don't know but some interest just seem that they are real joe-familiar with everyone on the forum and sometimes step over the bounds that they shouldn't. I don't know what ever happened to being humble.....ok I'm rambling now so I will stop right now. but all in all being a member of GC has been a wonderful experience. I have met people on here face to face that I can call true friends.

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"
Old 06-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

I lurked for a looonnng time(six months or so) before I joined GC (7/4/01) and posted. I goofed however by posting with my name "NinjaPoodle" before I became a Sigma Lady which is a no-no because you dont want the folks to think you are perpin' (not pimpin' ) Anywho, if I can find it I will post it here but my first post was harmless and after I realized the mistake I made, (and I was graciously corrected by my now soRHOrs) I didn't post again until after I became an SGRho. 11/17/01 (and the rest they say, is herstory!)

Sisterfriends, I also agree wholeheartedly with Sister-Greek CT4. Heed her words!

eta for clarification

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 06-14-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Nuevo Jersey...all the time wishing that I was in Puerto Rico!!!
Cool

I became an "official" member of GC on January 2003. I used to visit Delta Ave. alot. Then I got up the nerve to join and participate in the forums. It was quite obvious that I was an Delta interest from my post. I became a Delta on April 17, 2004. While here I met several wonderful ladies like, kiml122, LadyGreek, and CT4. I had the pleasure of meeting my "cyber prophyte" Treblk when she stopped through NJ. She is the biggest sweetheart!!!! So take it from a former SisterFriend...keep your eyes on the prize .
Old 06-14-2005, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blackerican
I became an "official" member of GC on January 2003. I used to visit Delta Ave. alot. Then I got up the nerve to join and participate in the forums. It was quite obvious that I was an Delta interest from my post. I became a Delta on April 17, 2004. While here I met several wonderful ladies like, kiml122, LadyGreek, and CT4. I had the pleasure of meeting my "cyber prophyte" Treblk when she stopped through NJ. She is the biggest sweetheart!!!! So take it from a former SisterFriend...keep your eyes on the prize .
aww "cyber neo" how sweet of you. *blush*
Hope all is well and can ya call a sista once in a while
Old 06-14-2005, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

What happened?

Hey blackerican I sent you a PM but didn't hear back from you- I think I know some people you may know- hit me up!

Now back to the regularly scheduled program
Old 06-14-2005, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been coming to Greek Chat, especially Delta Avenue, since I was a first year in college. That was in '99. I posted a little bit under a different name about non-greek things. But I was much more of a lurker on the boards then a participant. However, I found a lot of inspiration in many of the membership threads as well as when sisterfriends became members and posted on the board. I've had a long road to Delta and some of the threads on the boards were a constant reminder as to why I was pursuing membership. When I was a non-member of DST I was not considered a sisterfriend because I never really posted but I really couldn't wait to introduce myself as a soror when the time finally came.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DableST_1
wow GREAT thread

I started lurking around in Greekchat in 99 and finally made my post before becoming a Delta in 2000!!!! This was back when then MsCrimsonCream was the moderator and she helped me out SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! She was there for me from the interviewing process, till the day I was able to finally OOO-OOOPP!!!!!

What I really loved about this thread back then was the love and the support that was shown on the board. I not only felt it here in DeltaLand, but across ALL boards. I have met a lot of friends here, seen some sistahfriends cross over to GREEKLAND, and learned a lot from everyone!

I also enjoyed the many convos that we had OUTSIDE of Greekland. I have seen this thread change a lot over the last 6 yrs that I have been a member and all for the better. At first I will admit that the majority of this thread was about Greeks (How do I, When can I, Can you help with this, I wanna be...etc...) But Soror Carla has seriously changed that! (Thanks CrimsonTide4 ) Now I feel like we can talk about any and E'RY Thang in this piece!!!!

I will never forget the day I crossed over into delta land, while some of my ships were thinking about calling their friends and family, Stupid me couldn't wait to get to a computer FAST enough to OO-OOP!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I am new to this site, as I am on the quest to sisterhood. All of the posts so far have been inspiring...
Old 06-16-2005, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

DableST_1, you weren't being stupid, you just couldn't wait to tell your "other" family:-).

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 06-16-2005, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: wow GREAT thread

Quote:
Originally posted by DableST_1
I will never forget the day I crossed over into delta land, while some of my ships were thinking about calling their friends and family, Stupid me couldn't wait to get to a computer FAST enough to OO-OOP!!!!
E-Xiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii LOL
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unique_Design
I am new to this site, as I am on the quest to sisterhood. All of the posts so far have been inspiring...
well make sure you go and introduce yourself in the New Sisterfriend thread or whatever org of your interest or whatever and welcome to GC.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I joined GC I believe in June of 2003 as a sisterfriend. I didn't post too often, but I did conduct searches of old thread and found a lot of helpful advice to questions I may have had. I did however send Carla a few PM's who was always very kind and helpful, but I made sure that I was always courteous by not bombarding her with PM's. But most of the time, I'd just read the threads (mostly Random Spurts) to get a good laugh.

It feels great to finally be able to post as a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.!! My advice to the sisterfriends...be yourself and be persistent. Best wishes in your pursuit!
Old 06-20-2005, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DableST_1
Re: Re: wow GREAT thread

awwwww *sniff sniff* Thanks for the E-Xi Love Soror,,,,

Nobody does it better than E-XI!!!!!!!!

lol

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
E-Xiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii LOL