GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 992
3 members and 989 guests
John, Xidelt

Old 12-13-2001, 10:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
Thats not what is reffered to as being "Pink". Being Pink is when you start clapping and cheering during a seminar on anti-hazing, a date rape announcement on campus, or someone who is greek going to the hospital from drinking to much. Its when people are inappropriatly showing their sorority spirit during a Panhellenic/IFC event. In the past, when I was on Panhell. Phi Mu had been reprimanded several times for this behavior.

Its perfectly acceptable if its during greekweek or homecoming, but not when you are talking about a member of another greek organization on your campus who has been recently raped. Thats just wrong and disrespectful to the woman, her organizations members, and all the greeks on the campus.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just being HONEST, like what was asked of me (if you look in the first post, it stresses "Be Honest". People need to stop being so defensive and so touchy.

My organization isn't perfect, nationally or on my campus. I know that. We've had every problem just like EVERYONE ELSE HAS. Noone should be throwing stones in their glass houses.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Sorry for my post then. It's a habit to defend the sake of my organizations name, which is hte same for anyone. If they are doin that kind of behavior, I don't see the problem. Yeah it's annoying, but we al get annoying. However, I didn't know the situation. That is totally wrong for them to do that! Panhel needs to put the smackdown on them. I would feel the same way u do if it was another org.

KLTC
Old 12-13-2001, 02:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
I am sorry if i offended you. I should explained myself and my campus a little better. All in all Phi Mu is a strong chapter and national organization.
Old 12-19-2001, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Phi Mu gals are a blast and their chapter at my school went all out and recruited the best! I even felt inclined to take one to my semi-formal...