Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,416
0 members and 1,416 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 02:29 AM
GreekChat Member

for some reason, most of the vendors who came to our regional confernce thought we would be more interested in buying stuff for other orgs instead of Sigma. Ummmm, and I mean the 1st day!!!!! Why did you show up with a ton of other license plates and no Sigma ones?????
Old 04-12-2006, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
Re: Re: Re: *lol* LOLOL

Quote:
Originally posted by TRSimon
I had to dig up some of my Sigma stuff, but here we go.

From our historical archives:

Sigma Gamma Rho, one of the organizers of the Pan-Hellenic Council, voluntarily withdrew its membership at the Sixth Boule (1930), to meet the campus chapter quota as prescribed by the Constitution drawn up by the NPHC. It was readmitted 5 February 1937.

Also in the historical archives:

Representatives of Sigma Gamma Rho, Alpha Kappa Alpha and Delta Sigma Theta Sororities and Kappa Alpha Psi, Alpha Phi Alpha and Omega Psi Phi Fraternities met in Indianapolis, 27-30 December 1928 to establish a Pan-Hellenic Council.

So they were among the charters, but they voluntarily withdrew because of their own high standards (but of course), then came back in February 1937.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-Yip!!! to my SoRHOrs!!!! [/B]
This is interesting. Thanks for posting. I am cracking up at these stereotypes though!!

It's a jungle out there.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

what i've heard:

"sigma what? i've never heard of you before"
"isn't that a sorority for older women?"
and in the same vein, "aren't you too young to be in that sorority?"
"all sgrho members are DST rejects"
lastly, as members of a particular chapter of a particular fraternity told me recently, "sgrho's are the marrying kind--don't bring _________ & __________ home to mom."
Old 04-16-2006, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

well...

i have always heard that SGRho's are either REAL fat or REAL skinny...

as has been said before, we are the bookworms...

we are nothing but older sorors...

we are never the good looking girls...

and of course, there are "all two of us" on the yard...

and when i was on the yard back in undergrad, we were the "uptight virgins"...
"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning."-Gandhi
Old 05-12-2006, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to prospect
I've heard too

As you can tell by my screen name that I am interested in this organization. However, I'm not going to lie I've heard some sterotypes too and even my boyfriend told me some when I expressed my interests.
1. pledge like men (lots of hazing)}
2. only a few members
3. other sorority rejects, did this as a last result
4. cool to kick it with
5. not in shape and shy
6. can't dance

I've heard it, but I know the truth and they woud too if they actually talked to one of you instead of listening to what others say.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: I've heard too

Quote:
Originally posted by prospect
As you can tell by my screen name that I am interested in this organization. However, I'm not going to lie I've heard some sterotypes too and even my boyfriend told me some when I expressed my interests.
1. pledge like men (lots of hazing)}
2. only a few members
3. other sorority rejects, did this as a last result
4. cool to kick it with
5. not in shape and shy
6. can't dance

I've heard it, but I know the truth and they woud too if they actually talked to one of you instead of listening to what others say.
I had to pause on #6 (the others are really irrelevant) because whoever told you this must have NEVER, EVER seen my SoRhors step and get their stroll on.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't know

I don't know if they have or haven't I will admit that I have only met a few sorority members and that was all that I needed to do. There are 2 inactive chapters in my city, the graduate chapter is inactive (but will reactive in January 07) and the chapter on my campus has been inactive since '97.

However, I've made the necessary connections and will try to start the intake process soon.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Don't know

Quote:
I don't know if they have or haven't I will admit that I have only met a few sorority members and that was all that I needed to do. There are 2 inactive chapters in my city, the graduate chapter is inactive (but will reactive in January 07) and the chapter on my campus has been inactive since '97.

However, I've made the necessary connections and will try to start the intake process soon.
That is great that you made some connections and all, but I would keep the part about trying to start an intake process soon under my hat if I were you. Discretion is always a good quality to cultivate, and no matter how many "connections" one makes, membership in SGRho, or any other NPHC sorority is never a given. If I am coming off as critical I don't mean to, it is just that the internet does not provide the level of anonymity as one might think. Remember it is better to error on the side of caution by keeping the details of your sorority pursuit out of cyber-space.

Just my 22 cents

Last edited by Glamour Poodle; 05-15-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Mmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by EntycinglyBleu
1) There is no such thing as a cute SGRho

2) There are only 5 Sigma Gamma Rho's in the nation

3) Fat

4) There is no such thing as having a big line!

5) We pledge for 365 days

6) sorority rejects
i heard the same thing but i don't agree..the sgr's i met were really sweet people very intelligent..
Old 05-12-2006, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Re: Re: I've heard too

Quote:
Originally posted by Glamour Poodle
I had to pause on #6 (the others are really irrelevant) because whoever told you this must have NEVER, EVER seen my SoRhors step and get their stroll on.
Ya know!!! I know I can stroll myself silly. Puhleeze!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Don't know

Quote:
Originally posted by Glamour Poodle
That is great that you made some connections and all, but I would keep the part about trying to start an intake process soon under my hat if I was you. Discretion is always a good quality to cultivate, and know matter how many "connections" one makes, membership in SGRho, or any other NPHC sorority is never a given. If I am coming off as critical I don't mean to, it is just that the internet does not provide the level of anonymity as one might think. Remember it is better to error on the side of caution by keeping the details of your sorority pursuit out of cyber-space.

Just my 22 cents
I do understand, but I think my name says it all. Thanks for the advice, you just get so impatient. I never had the chance in college and now that I've graduated ... I've contacted just about any and everyone of interest to find out what I need to do. I just thought that it was okay to express interest.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Don't know

Quote:
I do understand, but I think my name says it all. Thanks for the advice, you just get so impatient. I never had the chance in college and now that I've graduated ... I've contacted just about any and everyone of interest to find out what I need to do. I just thought that it was okay to express interest.
Good luck with your pursuit.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Don't know

Quote:
Huh?

Please be patient, child. Things work out the way they're supposed to in the end. I didn't have the college experience either. I became a member well after my 30th birthday. You have given too much information -- enough for me to know exactly what city you are in and which chapter. The whole world does not need to know all of this either. I wish you well.

Very nice response, Glamour Poodle.

I don't want nobody to give me nothin. Open up a door, I'll get it myself!! (The late, great James Brown)
Old 05-15-2006, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't know

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueReign
Huh?
You have given too much information -- enough for me to know exactly what city you are in and which chapter. The whole world does not need to know all of this either.

Soror BlueReign ^^^^this is what I was trying to gently get across to Sisterfriend Prospect. Thanks for breaking it down.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, sorry if you thought that I didn't understand.
Closed Thread