GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,176
0 members and 1,176 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2002, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

lol..it's okay, they start school this week i think so I will try to make it up there.

One question, where is USI?? Am I being dumb?? lol

You haven't lived until you've seen Linnette's NM class scrapbook. I'll have to get some of the photos and send them on the world wide web!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 09:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
USI is the University of Southern Indiana. It's a small school in Evansville. They have four sororities...ASA, DZ, G Phi B and D Phi E. Can't WAIT to see those photos!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

crickets. crickets

All right, as one of the sisters who found the old New Member Photo Albums, it's pretty interesting to see your advisor as a teenager. Espeically when her album was one of the most interesting of all twenty plus albums since 1983 that we have.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: crickets. crickets

Quote:
Originally posted by dphies00
All right, as one of the sisters who found the old New Member Photo Albums, it's pretty interesting to see your advisor as a teenager. Espeically when her album was one of the most interesting of all twenty plus albums since 1983 that we have.
\

Probably as bizarre as going back for alumnae weekend and seeing your senior photo in the very first composite for the chapter.....and all the composites in the years to follow of girls that I never knew.

really really really bizarre.
Old 08-24-2002, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey I'm from alpha gamma...but I don't have the copy of the ritual you are referring to . We had an incident at convention where our ritual book was cleared out and part of that ceremony was thrown out, but not to fear, we found a lost copy among our files! (We cried wen we heard the news!) If any of you are still interested in receiving a copy of the ceremony, please PM me and we will more than happily fax it to you! We began using this ceremony last year as our pref ritual...when the PNM drops her pearl in the "wishing well" we whisper gently into their ear..."We hope your wish is the same as ours" (guaranteed tearjerker!)

As for a COB idea, we have DphiE Snapshots: You build a huge Polaroid frame out of cardboard/foam....then you proceed to narrate the still life. Make individual popcorn bags for each PNM. (make sure the lights are dimmed between each "scene")

EXAMPLE: Two sisters laying on beach towels in bikinis...while two sisters are standing with (empty) buckets directly over them...."Here you see DphiE's amy, jo, beth, & marie at the beach, we regularly have sisterhood beach days...blah blah blah
Incorporate your individual events, be creative silly and most of all convey the fact that DphiE's always have fun!
Old 08-24-2002, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

COB event?

Maybe a good COB event could be a bowling party? If your university has a bowling alley on campus it could be a fun way to get to know potential new members in a relaxed setting.
Old 09-05-2002, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi Heather
I sent you an email!!!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to megahotmaureen Send a message via MSN to megahotmaureen
bump!!