GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,479
1 members and 1,478 guests
No Members online

Old 04-06-2008, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
http://www.metrogreek.com/1sororitie...orities_1.html

I have posted this link elsewhere - but I think they have really cute recruitment shirts.

THOSE ARE SUCH CUTE DESIGNS! I wonder if they make some of them in tank tops instead of t-shirts....
Old 04-06-2008, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervousmama View Post
There are well over 200 threads on GC, and instead of sharing a positive experience or opinion, you decided to bash on two chapters?

manners, my dear. manners.
Oh dear, I can't say anything if it's not positive! Like I said, I know that's how it is in Southern California, but my opinion still stands. Oldu, ITY? j/k

Quote:
As I said before, if you do know of a cute slogan or if you have seen a cute shirt design on campus, do share! Show me designs that you like.
There was this one cute design but I can't remember where I found it. It was this line drawing in two colors of an owl and a tree (it was a Chi Omega shirt, but could work for Kappa, obviously). It looked very artsy, very Urban Outfitters. If I find it, I'll post it.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

here you go -

and Metrogreek is NOT paying me a thing . ..
Old 04-06-2008, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
Oh dear, I can't say anything if it's not positive! Like I said, I know that's how it is in Southern California, but my opinion still stands. Oldu, ITY? j/k

There was this one cute design but I can't remember where I found it. It was this line drawing in two colors of an owl and a tree (it was a Chi Omega shirt, but could work for Kappa, obviously). It looked very artsy, very Urban Outfitters. If I find it, I'll post it.
do let me know if you find it!

Also, does you're panhellenic council have a shirt of their own to wear for panhellenic meetings? Many Council's have pollo's... but i was wondering any council wears anything aside from the standard pollo.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
THOSE ARE SUCH CUTE DESIGNS! I wonder if they make some of them in tank tops instead of t-shirts....
A word of caution with some screen printed designs on tank tops...
My chapter got tanks to wear to the gym a few years ago. The idea was cute, it had a heart (our symbol) on it and said "Sigma Kappa, we'll make your heart race." There was a design on the front left chest and a larger design on the back. The problem was that the front left chest part was positioned awkwardly on and below your boobs, so if you weren't flat chested, it looked bad. The tank wasn't absurdly low cut to wear by itself, but one with a higher neck would have looked better with a front left graphic. Maybe just a large centered design on the front would have worked. If you can, see if the company will make you a sample to see if your design works with the garment. I think bluecotton made us those tanks.

Also, that owl design, I think it was on bluecotton, but it appears they redid their site and they don't have their huge sampling of designs.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
A word of caution with some screen printed designs on tank tops...
My chapter got tanks to wear to the gym a few years ago. The idea was cute, it had a heart (our symbol) on it and said "Sigma Kappa, we'll make your heart race." There was a design on the front left chest and a larger design on the back. The problem was that the front left chest part was positioned awkwardly on and below your boobs, so if you weren't flat chested, it looked bad. The tank wasn't absurdly low cut to wear by itself, but one with a higher neck would have looked better with a front left graphic. Maybe just a large centered design on the front would have worked. If you can, see if the company will make you a sample to see if your design works with the garment. I think bluecotton made us those tanks.

Also, that owl design, I think it was on bluecotton, but it appears they redid their site and they don't have their huge sampling of designs.

also with ribbed tanks, the graphic always ends up getting torn.... if that makes sense. I know what you mean about positioning..... its so hard on tanks.... i was thinking the lowerleft hand side (the end of the shirt) just to play it safe.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

For elaborate designs, I'd stick to t-shirts.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

our slogan this year is "Make your Mark" but we want to do another slogan for "team" shirts during our recruitment for the disaffiliated girls. Does anyone have any ideas