Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,619
1 members and 1,618 guests
MSKKG

Old 09-18-2006, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
why don't you concentrate on trying to form an intelligent response to the poster

Dude, not a single one of BlACKROSE's posts read like they were written by a high school graduate. I think pointing that out IS an intelligent response. If she wants to be taken seriously, she'll construct her sentences in a way that doesn't scream 13 year old who just discovered Myspace WOOOO!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Banned

I have to commend you on your website. For someone starting a new sorority, you have definately thought this through. I love the fact that your mascot is a kangaroo...how clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleycamille View Post
hi all! i will try not to make this too long but i kind of have a lot to ask...sorry in advance...i am very interested in starting a local sorority on my campus but i am completely clueless..i have all the forms necessary to be acknowledged by the university but other than that i have no idea where to start...see i have always wanted to be involved in a sorority and i got married last june with the intentions of rushing in the fall until i unexpectedly got pregnant in july...i realize that sororities take up a lot of your time and between work, school, baby, and marriage that is not something i have much of..i am very happily married and my son was just the icing on the cake but i would still like to be involved without taking too much time away from my family so i thought i could start a sorority for people that don't have time to dedicate to traditional organizations for one reason or another..i have played with a few names, colors and things like that but honestly i am just lost...does anyone have any suggestions...i also have no idea how to get people interested once i have the basics covered...anyone can email me at ashleycamille@hotmail.com or just post on here...thanks for your time..again sorry it was so long i just thought some background info might be necessary to understand why i want to start this organization...thanks again
Old 09-18-2006, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarplumfairy View Post
I have to commend you on your website. For someone starting a new sorority, you have definately thought this through. I love the fact that your mascot is a kangaroo...how clever!
ashleycamille doesn't have a web site. You are referring to BlACKROSE's MOM site.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Don't you mean Sigma Kappa/Beta Epsilon?

YEAH I WENT THERE.
You went where? The Sigma Kappa refrence is completly irrelevent as we were never and never wanted to be Sigma Kappa. To all those who want our story read my new thread because this is getting rediculous. The OP doesn't care about your pissed off views of girls you don't even know or want to try to know. And by the way it was 3 years ago, and you haven't gotten over it by now? Seriously I will post a new thread so that we can all put this behind us!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekalum View Post
Dude, not a single one of BlACKROSE's posts read like they were written by a high school graduate. I think pointing that out IS an intelligent response. If she wants to be taken seriously, she'll construct her sentences in a way that doesn't scream 13 year old who just discovered Myspace WOOOO!
I thank you for explaining to me the need to be more careful with grammar. I took some of my spare time to see if you were always perfect with grammar and spelling. I noticed some very small mistakes, none really worth highligthing. Actually I felt stupid taking up my time reading thru your post just to find some mistake, so I stopped. I did though continue to read them and found that you give out some important information like the dangers of possession of illegal drugs. I also see that you can be helpful but very disrepectful, so I decided I don't need that type of help. (Thank You)
I would also like to thank Alpha Frog, I read your response and you are correct that I need to present my grammar skills more appropriately. I would like to point out that in one of my responses I was purposely using (as if, and like) in between all my statements to show that there is no white language or black language. That their is only broken english or correct english... I am sorry I forgot to capitalize the word English.
I would like to correct you on your statement about my website. My sorority's site is very professional and grammar correct. With all that aside I would like to thank blueangel for expressing what, I think so well. I also wonder how so many people who have watched their organization be ridiculed for lack of national backing or not having a house or for what ever reason someone felt they were better than you, be so quick to shoot down some one else for trying something new?
Old 09-19-2006, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

You should not feel the need to apologize or proofread other's posts. A couple typos here and there are not a big deal. But per message board etiquette, it is challenging to read any person's posts if written in all CAPs or to read any person's post if that post has many, many grammatical/spelling errors.

Also, fighting with people on GC is like herding cats. It's not worth it. And this is just an anonymous message board-- don't take it personally.

I, for one, think the idea of a "sorority for mothers" is silly. But your members seem to enjoy it IRL and at the end of the day, that's the only thing that matters.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
Also, fighting with people on GC is like herding cats. It's not worth it.
Stolen for my sig, caz I like it.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Arcadian
shut up nobody cares about your gpa and how "intelligent" your kids are