GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,335
2 members and 1,333 guests
3DGator, John

Old 08-31-2004, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

From one sista to another, good luck

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rollergirl2001
August 30
There was this girl at the front office that asked me that if I was sure about knowing the difference between councils "Stoneybrook" and "New York", and I said that I was positive that I know the difference.
RollerGirl,
How rude! I can't believe someone even said that! Oh well. Try not to let it influence your rush experience. Keep your mind open to all possibilities.
Blessings, adpi*nurse
Old 08-31-2004, 04:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Co-sign!

Quote:
Originally posted by JocelynC
From one sista to another, good luck
Old 08-31-2004, 06:35 AM
GreekChat Member

'nother sista chiming in....go for it and have fun!
Old 08-31-2004, 06:39 AM
GreekChat Member

you have my support too!!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:06 AM
GreekChat Member

get the skates oiled and get ready for some fun.
good luck. keep smiling.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

So what's the schedule for rush events?
Old 09-03-2004, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill1228
Co-sign!
Co-sign again.

ΑΧΩ
Old 09-05-2004, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blueGBI
Co-sign again.
Ditto
Old 09-07-2004, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
Hey guys, sorry I didn't write yesterday. But here's my story...

Day 1
September 6
The day started out with check in. I found my seat and I've found my GC pal. The WPC VP of recruitment welcomed us and went over a few of the rules, like no talking to sorority members outside of recruitment. Next, the Greek Affairs advisor went over hazing and alcohol. She said NO hazing and NO alcohol. After that, we went goups with our Gamma Chis. My Gamma Chi, "Charlotte" gave me my folder to hold my brochures from the sororities. She went over the rules in more detail. Then, we itroduce ourselves and we did an icebreaker. For the icebreaker, we pulled an M&M and answer a question according to the color, like favorite movie, or singer, and the like. I pulled a blue and the question was, "Who is your favorite singer?" and I answered Shania Twain because she is a good singer. After that, we waited until the first party.

Then, we headed to the first party, Kristy. The sisters were clapping and cheering and leading people to seats. The room was all white. After all people were in the room, we were seated and I started talking to the sisters. In the middle of the party, the sisters of Kristy showed us the video about the sorority. After the video, I talked some more about myself, like my major, where I'm from and the like.

Next, it was Dawn. The room was decorated like a baby shower for a girl. One of the sisters gave us a nice brochure that is folded and tied up in a white ribbon, which I really, really like. Then, I talked to the sisters about the same thing like I did with the other group.

The same thing happened with the other groups (in order of parties): Stacey, Mary Anne, Claudia, Mallory, and Jessi. We had dinner after I visit the Mary Anne. We had Domino's Pizza for dinner. After dinner, my group had an hour break. During the break, we watch movies. After the break, I went to the Claudia, Mallory, and Jessi's parties. Same thing of talking about ourselves.

As far as the rooms are concerned, Stacey's room was heavenly, Mary Anne's room was full of t-shirts of the past, Claudia's room was filled with golden popcorn (with a buttery smell), Mallory's room was with a video wall, and Jessi's room filled with yellow and pink tables.

After the party, wen went to our Gamma Chi's and filled out the evaluations about the day and talked about what will happen tommorrow. After that, the Gamma Chi's gave us our Philantrophy Day t-shirts and the room numbers for tommorrow.

END OF DAY 1
Old 09-07-2004, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
Day 2
September 7

At 7:15 in the morning, I went to the UC to see what sororities I was invited back. I was expecting to get invited back to Dawn, Jessi, Kristy, and Claudia, or at least 3 of them. But, I was cut from all of them except for 1, Jessi. I was disapointed that I was cut from almost all of them. However, I thought about what people say about being a senior going through rush, and they were right. I also feel that my GPA was not good enough. (My GPA, by the way is 2.91).

Later on in the day, I put on my Philantrophy Day t-shirt and meet at the UC first. Next, I went to "Charlotte", my Gamma Chi about today. After that, I went to Jessi's party. We watched a video about the philantropy project. It features a story about a blind boy, and the events to help the blind. I was so touched by the video, because the video had hit home to me, because one of my family members is legally blind. After the video, I had deocarated dog dishes for the seeing eye dogs for the blind. I talked to the sisters about the projects and the video. I told the sisters about the situtaion about my blind great grandfather. I've enjoyed it so much, that time flew by real fast.

After the party, I sat at the UC and watch the movies for over 4 hours since I don't have anymore parties to go to. I ate some snacks, talked on the phone and others in the room with me, and watched the movie. The last movie that I watched tonight was Legally Blonde, but it was time to leave in the middle of the movie. Then, I went to "Charlotte" for evaluations and go over the day tommorrow. I was told to not to bring my purse for security reasons.

Right now, I feel a little nervous and scared that I'm going to get cut from my last sorority. I thought that if I don't get in, then I can try COB.

END OF DAY 2
Old 09-08-2004, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!!! I hope that Jessi doesn't cut you!!! Crossing fingers for a good day tomorrow!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 03:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Crossing fingers and sending good vibes your way!
Old 09-08-2004, 05:30 AM
GreekChat Member

oooh, i think i know what 'jessi' is!!! i hope that they do not cut you!!
Old 09-08-2004, 07:04 AM
GreekChat Member

fingers, toes crossed and all the best wishes for you.
also good thoughts about cob, if all else fails.
good attitude, hang in.