GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,312
0 members and 1,312 guests
No Members online

Old 04-28-2010, 12:57 AM

You know them. You're friendly with them. They have sympathy that your Greek experience didn't turn out well. That doesn't mean they want you to be their sister.

And I don't know how anyone else's sorority works, but I know that in my group more than the exec board votes on who gets a bid.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

i gotta go with my gut and say this is a bad idea. i think you're setting yourself up for failure, especially since you're suiciding. it will become common knowledge that you are. and in my experience, the girls who made it known they WOULD be XYZ or nothing... ended up with nothing.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
I am wondering why the adviser has to meet with the heads of the groups. Panhellenic should be able to say very easily (and so should the greek adviser but whatever!) that you can or cannot according to the bylaws (which probably only matters if the local is a member and most likely not at all if they are not associates). the rule would be strictly panhellenic's and not any NPCs and hopefully they are all educated enough to know that.

Last edited by BabyPiNK_FL; 04-28-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Banned

I really wasn't trying to be mean, and I know the philantrophy is important, even the honors societies I joined have them. I am just saying it kinda fake all the girls that say ohh geez I just love ____ because they worth with Ronald Mcdonold house or whatever and that is why I joined because it really impacts my life. It is good to take an interest in the special work you do but since the purpose is doing something to help others any select charity is the point.

They raised the money and never donated it, illegal much?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:23 AM
Banned

I don't think anyone on here will deny they have been in a fight with a memeber or seen members quit over fights. We aren't saying you didn't have something bad happen or a negative experience but that doesn't mean you can join another and another each time life gives you lemons.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoheadlines View Post
I really wasn't trying to be mean, and I know the philantrophy is important, even the honors societies I joined have them. I am just saying it kinda fake all the girls that say ohh geez I just love ____ because they worth with Ronald Mcdonold house or whatever and that is why I joined because it really impacts my life. It is good to take an interest in the special work you do but since the purpose is doing something to help others any select charity is the point.

They raised the money and never donated it, illegal much?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
i gotta go with my gut and say this is a bad idea. i think you're setting yourself up for failure, especially since you're suiciding. it will become common knowledge that you are. and in my experience, the girls who made it known they WOULD be XYZ or nothing... ended up with nothing.
I'm the only one besides the advisor that will know I'm suiciding.

Last edited by mkprncss; 05-27-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Banned

Did you not have a good GPA and get invited to join those Shadow? Actually they are harder to stay in than Greek life because the maintain a 3.0 and get 10 service points a semester etc.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
You know them. You're friendly with them. They have sympathy that your Greek experience didn't turn out well. That doesn't mean they want you to be their sister.

And I don't know how anyone else's sorority works, but I know that in my group more than the exec board votes on who gets a bid.
Yes, what I was getting at is that my reasoning would be spread and nearly all members would know. You said I'm probably not as well known as I think I am. Just saying that the exec would have to give reason to the entire sorority when they vote.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Banned

You talk big for a Latino Fraternity founded only 23 years ago.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
I am wondering why the adviser has to meet with the heads of the groups. Panhellenic should be able to say very easily (and so should the greek adviser but whatever!) that you can or cannot according to the bylaws (which probably only matters if the local is a member and most likely not at all if they are not associates). the rule would be strictly panhellenic's and not any NPCs and hopefully they are all educated enough to know that.
The advisor doesn't HAVE to. I think she just wants to. According to her they have no right to deny me the right to Rush again per their by-laws. She just wants to make sure that they don't think I"m walking in off the street trying to piss everyone off.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't think anyone on here will deny they have been in a fight with a memeber or seen members quit over fights. We aren't saying you didn't have something bad happen or a negative experience but that doesn't mean you can join another and another each time life gives you lemons.
I don't plan on joining one after the other. The one I was in just wasn't for me. I love greek life and I want to be completely involved in it again but in a situation that better suits me.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Did you not have a good GPA and get invited to join those Shadow? Actually they are harder to stay in than Greek life because the maintain a 3.0 and get 10 service points a semester etc.
When you learn how to write a sentence properly, you can respond to me

Quote:
You talk big for a Latino Fraternity founded only 23 years ago.
Baa-zing! Right for the jugular! You sure know how to make me feel like less of a man!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Banned

Maybe Shadow you just don't value education. At my school all Greek organizations had to join a honor/service society that required a 2.8 GPA as well as a regular club or campus group.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Maybe Shadow you just don't value education. At my school all Greek organizations had to join a honor/service society that required a 2.8 GPA as well as a regular club or campus group.
The organizations themselves? Or the members of said organizations?

Try again