GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,247
0 members and 1,247 guests
No Members online

Old 01-22-2009, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
He was JUST on last week...LOL
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-25-2009, 03:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay, I just watched the 3 hour re-run and I totally know what is going on. YAY!!!!!

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 01-25-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post

I know I've said this over and over again, but I love that it's filmed here. I get to see the places I drive by every day and see how they magically transform them on TV. Like the convenience store where Hurley bought his I [HEART] Shih-Tzus shirt. That was the Chevron next to my old office!
So I am guessing that a lot of the LA scenes are actually shot in Hawaii?

I have a theory about the whole time travel thing, though it does have some holes in it....

I think that the plane survivors might actually be the "native inhabitants" or "others" that the Dharma people are always talking about....I can't see it any other way....I am going to have to watch this episode again...

Old 01-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
Don't know what actually gets shot in LA, but I know for sure Hurley's parents house and Kate's house are located in the affluent Diamond Head/Kahala area, the "airport" is at the Hawaii Convention Center, and Sayid's "safe house" is about 5 minutes away from UH.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I have a theory about the whole time travel thing, though it does have some holes in it....

I think that the plane survivors might actually be the "native inhabitants" or "others" that the Dharma people are always talking about....I can't see it any other way....I am going to have to watch this episode again...
I was thinking something along these lines. If they keep going back in time, it's eventually going to affect the future, or start to lay out explanations for the rest of the show.

@~/~~~~
Old 01-25-2009, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
I think that the plane survivors might actually be the "native inhabitants" or "others" that the Dharma people are always talking about.......
Do you mean, like some of the Losties are (unknowingly) relatives or [distant] descendents of the "Others" i.e. the "Hostiles"? Ooooh.....sounds like a good plot twist.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

good theory. I actually think the Losties are the "whispers" we have been hearing through out the show.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffootball37 View Post
good theory. I actually think the Losties are the "whispers" we have been hearing through out the show.
That is an awesome theory! I love how the term "Losties" was dubbed! lol!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG!!!! I SO THINK YOU'RE ON TO SOMETHING!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, because it is only around 10 here in Florida, I am going to post my thoughts on tonight's episode in white. That way it doesn't spoil it for anyone....

By far this was one of the most awesome episodes yet as to the island's history. I had already guessed the time period was the 1940s-1950s, but I was totally blown away by Widmore being on the island!!! Why would he want to destroy it if he was part of the Others?

We now know why Richard was at Locke's birth.

I am pretty sure Charlotte will die since she seems to have to same thing that Desmond had before he found his constant!

I thought the bomb was very intriguing.....I think that the bomb is going to be buried to become the Hatch....Just an idea....

Oh and from the trailer, I caught something about Sawyer saying he saw Kate....so I am agreeing with the Whispers theory.

What are your thoughts?

Old 01-28-2009, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, responding to Thetagirl218's theories (I don't want to quote b/c then the white would show up better on the gray)...

Point 3: I completely forgot about Desmond's ailment and his constant--I wish they had recapped that. Thank you for refreshing me!

Point 4: I thought this too! TOTALLY agree with you here. Right on.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Ditto all that.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Mine are gonna be in white too, so be wary of the spoilers!

Quote:
By far this was one of the most awesome episodes yet as to the island's history. I had already guessed the time period was the 1940s-1950s, but I was totally blown away by Widmore being on the island!!! Why would he want to destroy it if he was part of the Others?

Maybe Widmore was next in line to be the leader of the Others, but something happened and Jacob demanded that he be removed? There had to be some reason why he left, and by the way things are panning out now, it was probably forceful and that's why he wants to be back...

Quote:

And maybe Richard sees Locke on another flash forward/backward and that's when Locke explains that Richard came to visit him as a small boy...?

Quote:
I am pretty sure Charlotte will die since she seems to have to same thing that Desmond had before he found his constant!

Makes sense...

Quote:
I thought the bomb was very intriguing.....I think that the bomb is going to be buried to become the Hatch....Just an idea....

I think it'll become the Orchid Station and they'll build the gardens above it so that anyone who comes back looking for it can't find it. I also think that
having it in the ground is what makes the Island have such unique properties in the first place. It was probably just a normal island until Faraday suggests burying a hydrogen bomb!!

Quote:
Oh and from the trailer, I caught something about Sawyer saying he saw Kate....so I am agreeing with the Whispers theory.
I agree with the Whispers theory but more so because the survivors are wandering around the island through time and space, so they're all actually there, just not in the same time period, so the Whispers are all that you can hear of Locke, Sawyer, Juliet, Charlotte, Faraday and Miles. I think Sawyer sees Kate because they've moved to a time frame between when the plane crashed and when the freighter comes.

Tonight's episode was, by far, my favorite and made me love Desmond even more. Btw I'm totally convinced that Mrs. Hawking is Faraday's mom. Thoughts?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

In response to Phi Mu, in white:

Ditto on Farday's mom....

As to the bomb and the Orchid....That was another thought I had too. How does a hydrogen bomb cause you to travel thorough time? Wouldn't it make everyone sick.....

We do know the island has some strange properties too such as healing and dead people coming alive...I wonder how Miles would/will react when he sees Jack's dad.

This episode made me more addicted than before....

Old 01-29-2009, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ok, because it is only around 10 here in Florida, I am going to post my thoughts on tonight's episode in white. That way it doesn't spoil it for anyone....

What are your thoughts?
After watching tonight's episode, I am so ready to step off the Lost merry go round.

I feel like some of the comedians out here. I watch the show and come away with more questions than I do answers...so now this season they want to throw in a time travel plot device as if it's not already hard enough following the present day stories comeplete with flashbacks.

my biggest question...

Why the F*CK DO THEY HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE ISLAND????
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”