GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,148
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Doom
» Online Users: 1,487
0 members and 1,487 guests
No Members online

Old 09-02-2009, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
seriously. I had a pretty bad asthma attack at 2am. Sat here thinking do I call 911, the boyfriend (who I'd left asleep at his house 30 min prior) or tough it out. I toughed it out.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Any word on how SC's recruitment went this year? Did most houses meet their quotas? Any surprises? Thanks!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Westcoastgal,
See posts #13 and #19 above.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Football Fan. I missed seeing your previous posts. I am glad that all the houses made their quotas despite the deep recession.Do you happen to know which house went over quota by 11?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

My friend, who has graduated but is still loosely connected to her chapter, said Theta has 59.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Numbers at SC

Tri Delta had 62. Perhaps AmyCat can give us the DG number.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescent&pearls View Post
Well, let's hear it for all the girls who stuck it out through the heat! What is it about rush that takes a lovely cool summer into September heat wave syndrome? Recruitment at USC can be brutal. But so worth it!!!

Today I'm doing the happy dance because my son's adorable friend went....

Gamma Phi Beta!!!!
WOOHOOOO Welcome to Crescents and Pearls and true- hearted girls!!!

GPhiB
Old 09-12-2009, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

go bruins yee
Old 09-12-2009, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

bruin27:

I don't know if you received the memo but, since I am an alum of both USC and UCLA, I feel that I can add my two cents here. This board is designed to support PNMs going through recruitment and to support Greeks and their chapters. This is not a venue for childish rivals' rant(s), tantrums or injections of Go....whoever.

Have you ever noticed that women congratulate pledges that didn't pledge their GLO? It's called class. Learn from it.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Calm your ass down

It's part of attending one of the two schools so deal with it theirs nothing wrong with a little rivalry.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess that you REALLY didn't get the memo:

This isn't about UCLA versus USC. This is about sororities. Did it occur to you that if you pledge you have sisters at USC?

Punctuation is your friend. Use it. Correct spelling is your friend (their versus there).

And, when talking to adults the phrase, "Calm your ass down", again without punctuation might not be appropriate. And lest you think that it is appropriate to address an adult in that manner, I feel sorry for the adults in your life.

Last edited by ellebud; 09-12-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

punctuation and profanity and politeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin27 View Post
It's part of attending one of the two schools so deal with it theirs nothing wrong with a little rivalry.
As another poster (thank you, Ellebud) articulated, remarks that are not germane to the topic and are discourteous to others are not appreciated; nor do those types of remarks and posters need to share their illiteracy and bad manners with others. Profanity has no place on these boards.

It is with pride and pleasure that I congratulate all those PNMs who found sisters, regardless of letters. My college experience was greatly enriched by my membership in a greek letter organization. And I have found sisters of all letters throughout my life.

To "Bruin27": I find it curious that the University of California system has not improved your use of English grammar and vocabulary (that is, assuming that you are matriculating at UCLA). Having graduated from a UC school, I must say that your writing and punctuation skills do not reflect the level of education that I have come to expect from university students and graduates. You might consider reading Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss and then you can move on to Strunk and White (which was required in my high school English class).
Old 09-13-2009, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

We go from 5 to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
When over 850 are registered and not even 600 pledge it is not good for the Panhellenic system, in my opinion. I agree it would have been much better to have the schedule go from 4 to 2.
At my school (also PAC 10) we go from 5 to 2- that was a Panhellenic suggestion. Maybe due to the new RFM's? I know we even had a vote on it in the spring and Nationals was very involved in how we voted. It does make it a little crazy, but the majority of groups make quota (this year all but 1 did) A lot of girls drop out because they don't get invites for "the chapter" they want.