GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,256
1 members and 1,255 guests
GammaGirl1908

Old 08-22-2002, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Fewdfreak,

Thanks for such a wonderfully detailed review of Skit Day!! I love hearing about what my sisters at other schools do, so your post was awesome.

Good luck with the next 3 days of Rush! I can't wait to hear about your next adventure!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

This rush thread is awesome! Your writing is so vivid and detailed I just feel like I'm right there with you. Thank you for sharing with us!! I can't wait to hear the rest!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
WOW! You should be an FBI agent or something! You remembered everything in such detail!

Hold off on that strapless white dress...if you end up needing a white dress for a pinning ceremony you will need to know if strapless is okay...unless you just want 2 white dresses, which is also fine!

Good luck on your invites.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I *love* how much detail you went into! You are making it easy for me to have a vicarious rush experience! LOL

Good luck finding shoes!!
Old 08-22-2002, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Fewdfreak,

Forgot to say in my previous post that your outfits so far sound great! What are you planning to wear to your next Rush event?

(I love it when rushees know how to "dress to impress" without going overboard. The past 3 years that I've been helping out as an alumna advisor, I've noticed at least one girl each day wearing my exact same outfit. All I could think was, "She's got great taste.") LOL
Old 08-22-2002, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Fewdfreak
For the next round it is suggested that we wear a sundress, so I have finally narrowed it down to two.

I have a bright pink, but pretty knee length dress with a wide v-neck, it has ruffles and the bottom of it is assymmetrical. It's made of a polyester/cotton material.

I also have a white strapless dress that is about slightly abouve the knee and is a-line shape. It has a 3-inch slit up the back. It is kind of stretchy but thick.

I am also planning to wear this pink square necklace that has a silver chain and hanging tear drop CZ earings. Black strappy mini heels with both.

What do you think is better?
Old 08-22-2002, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fewdfreak
For the next round it is suggested that we wear a sundress, so I have finally narrowed it down to two.

I have a bright pink, but pretty knee length dress with a wide v-neck, it has ruffles and the bottom of it is assymmetrical. It's made of a polyester/cotton material.

I also have a white strapless dress that is about slightly abouve the knee and is a-line shape. It has a 3-inch slit up the back. It is kind of stretchy but thick.

I am also planning to wear this pink square necklace that has a silver chain and hanging tear drop CZ earings. Black strappy mini heels with both.

What do you think is better?
This is just me, but I would go with the bright pink... It sounds a little less dressy than the white one (mainly because the white is strapless), and for this party round I would think it would fit in the best. Plus, a bright color always makes you stand out and helps sisters to remember you.

Good luck!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Take it from me...

Fewdfreak--

I am so excited to follow this thread, because I used to be the Recruitment Advisor for the KKG chapter at the U. of Iowa.

I am so glad you are going through Iowa's formal recruitment period with such an incredible outlook. It can truly be a stressful time!!

Just a little note from someone who has been on the inside of Iowa's Bid Matching system...be SURE you put as many chapters on your Bid Card as you are allowed under Panhell Rules (it changes from year to year; consult your PX to be certain).

I have been on "the inside" of bid matching at 3 different schools now, and one of the BEST things about Iowa's system is that they are RABID about getting all women who sign bid cards SOME kind of match. They make the advisors sit there for hours until every last girl is accounted for and has a bid (if at all possible--and it often is).

When I was there (1997-1999), a PNM could list 3 Prefs on her Bid Card...and she didn't even have to have attended Bid Night at all 3 of them. So long as SHE dropped a chapter, and not the other way around, she could list them on her pref card.

DON'T SUICIDE if you can avoid it at all--this cuts your chances of getting a bid at Iowa down to almost nothing, as Panhell and the Advisors usually don't look well on this practice (as it really hurts the Greek System as a whole).

Hopefully you won't need ANY of this advice, and will have smooth sailing right up to Bid Day! But know that I am here to answer any Iowa Bid Matching questions as best I can....I KNEW some of my useless information would come to good use someday!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

PS--DEFINITELY the pink dress. Strapless is just too much for that round.
Old 08-22-2002, 04:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
Pink dress...its much more memorable then white!
Old 08-22-2002, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Love the outfits!

Fewdfreak,
Your options sound adorable, and although I love cute little strapless dresses, my favorite color is deep pink so I'm also voting for the pink dress!

imsohappythatiama gave wonderful, "insider" advice about single preferencing; it's a bad idea.
Thanks so much imsohappythatiama, for posting your very well-educated perspective on the situation. In addition, I'm impressed with how dedicated Iowa is to matching every girl to a chapter. I wish it were the same everywhere!

Obviously FewdFreak you are joining a really strong, ethical Greek system. You're going to have a fabulous experience!

Fraternally,
violets
Old 08-22-2002, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Fewdfreak Take it from a Mom, imsohappythatiama gives the GREATEST advice. She may not remember, but she gave my own some excellent tips last year. She is nothing but the greatest and wants only the very best for you!
Old 08-22-2002, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Fewdfreak
Thanks for the advice and the suggestions everyone, I think that I will wear the pink dress because it's vibrant and active! A lot of you said that you thought strapless would be too dressy for this round, and you are probably right, but there are girls that are really decked out. First round I saw several girls in dresses that you could wear to preference night or something! One girl had a sleek strapless and six inch dressy heels! My feet would kill. My PX told us that round one was jeans and tennies, and I wore khaki capris and heeled sandals, but not a dress. My suitemate and I talked about how some girls must have thought it was a contest or something. I also noticed tons of PNM's that were wearing the Tiffany's or imitation Tiffany bracelets/necklace. I thought that was a little much because 80% of the girls had them, and how would they stand out. It was like they all watched Legally Blonde or something. I do like the Tiffany's bracelets with the circle a little, but not the heart ones. I wore a big chain link bracelet so I could be a little different.

As it stands now, I don't think that I will suicide because I like all of the houses that I have been to, and could see myself at any of them, and I don't think that suiciding is being very open. I believe that I could end up in the place that I least wanted or expected, but then come to realize that it was the place where I belonged the most.

Thanks for all the advice, only two hours until invites, and I am nervous every time the phone rings...

L.

Last edited by Fewdfreak; 08-22-2002 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up stay in touch

sweetie, your outfits sound adorable.
keep the good thoughts and go for the prize.
lol
Old 08-22-2002, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I understand the nervousness!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!