GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,292
1 members and 1,291 guests
Mooch279

Old 01-22-2002, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Glad to have helped! No problem! Everyone on Greek Chat helped me out so much in the fall, so I thought I'd return the favor by helping others! I forgot the most important thing, however: BE YOURSELF !

You will undoubtably end up in the right place for YOU, where you feel genuine sisterhood. Don't listen to any rumors about a certain sorority being labeled as "popular", "rich", "slutty", or "dorky"; judge for yourself. Some people say that they just "know" which one is right for them after the 2nd or 3rd (sometimes even 1st) night, but sometimes you may not "know" until you've been in the sorority for a couple of weeks.

If you recieve a bid from a sorority you didn't like very much, give it a try for a while anyway, and get to know the girls better before deciding whether or not to stick with it. Also remember that if you decline a bid, you won't be eligible to rush for any NPC sorority again for an entire year.

I would mention something GOOD about one of the sororities you've listed as being at your school because I know a few great ladies in it, but as you said it's better to go in with an unbiased mindset. I'm sure all of those sororities are wonderful! Have an awesome time, and if you get nervous keep thinking how nervous the sisters must be, wondering if a girl as great as you wants to join their sisterhood!
Old 01-22-2002, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to offer my support as well! ZetaLuvBunny has put all the best advice in a nut shell! GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-22-2002, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Great advice, Jessica!!!
Old 01-23-2002, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Like everyone else here, I want to wish you well! I PMed you; hope you got it.

Please keep us posted!
Old 01-24-2002, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool talk to us

what's going on with your rush?
you should be well into it by now...
how are ya!
don't be shy.
mmcat
Old 01-24-2002, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

hey ladies!
i am soo sorry i havent written in so long, but i have been unable to hook up my internet so im on my roommates computer right now....
well the first night was a lot of fun! i was really nervous at first and i didnt really know what to expect, but it turned out to be a blast. there was a big room with a ton of tables in it and when you walked in you had to find the table you were assigned to. at your table there were already 5 actives sitting there (each from one sorority, but you weren't allowed to know which sorority) and you had to sit between them. then during the night we colored bookmarks and talked to the actives at our tables, they rotated around the table each time a girl would say "rotate" over the microphone.
i had a lot of fun and i felt that i really clicked well with the majority of the girls (there was only one who i didnt really enjoy talking to, but we still talked the entire time). this event made me feel a lot better about rushing and i felt a lot less nervous than i had been
i was actually really suprised at how casual the event was. i wore black pants and a white button up shirt that was collected (kind of) in the front and it was tight around the elbows (it sounds weird but i swear it was cute)... but there were actually A LOT
Old 01-24-2002, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face oops i messed up

house two:
these girls were awesome! the girl that rushed me first was SO sweet i loved her... and she made it a point to let me know that she had read about me (i.e. brining up activites i did in high school and asking me about transferring) i really liked it here! i felt comfortable and met SO many girls! and one of the girls who was at my table the night before came and talked to me a lot and everyone told me that they had heard good things about me, so i was just really happy there. i felt that i really connected with every girl i talked to!

house three:
these girls had a really cute theme and skit and i REALLY clicked with one of the girls! there was only one girl who i felt sightly uncomfortable talking to, but she was still really really nice and smiled a ton! i enjoyed this house and would like to come back! i have heard this house is pretty elite though, so i doubt my chances of getting in there are high....

house four:
the girls i talked to here also were awesome and i really clicked with them, but i felt like i still really didnt fit in.. i dont know why? anyway they were really sweet girls!

house five:
the girls i talked to here were very friendly and bubbly but it was kind of slow and i felt like i had to keep thinking of things to say to prevent the convo from stopping. but i still enjoyed it a lot and they were sooo cute. there was one thing that struck me as strange though.. i asked several girls what they loved most about xyz and they all said "it has such a strong national reputation! you can network all over the place!"... although this is a definate perk of being a very strong national sorority,i would have much rather heard them say something about their chapter, such as sisterhood or events they participate in... i dont know.. i just thought it was weird..hmm

so ya that was my first day... it was fun, but i am soooo tired now! talking takes a lot out of you!! the rushees dressed up a lot more today, although there were still some in jeans, most wore pants or skirts... we have to pick up out invites tomorrow at 9am and the parties start at 12 so i will definately write tomorrow after i pick up my invites! k talk to you guys later and thanks for the support! byebye! xoxoxo

**sorry i took out the sorority names im just afraid someone from my school might see this and i dont want to hurt any feelings!**

Last edited by chantillylace55; 01-25-2002 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

HI there!!
Glad to know you had a great time during deferred Panhellenic rush night. I just graduated from Cal Poly-SLO and LOVED my years as a THETA there. I am dying to know which California school you are rushing. I've been to almost all the Theta chapters in CA, and LOVE THEM all!!!

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 01-24-2002, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like you are doing great so far! Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 01-25-2002, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Sounds awesome! I can't believe those girls who were wearing JEANS! I guess rush is a lot different in Cali, but that's a major no-no in Southern Rush! Even the first day it's minimum khakis or nice pants down here.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on a great rush so far, just keep having fun. Please make sure you keep us posted on how things are going. Good luck.

"THETA"....Why Walk When You Can Fly"
Old 01-25-2002, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

hi im computer illiterate

ok i dont know what i am doing wrong here...
i dont know the internet?
anyway, i took out the sorority names because i just dont want to hurt anyone's feelings by saying anything bad about their sorority - ya know? and i dont want to get in trouble or be disadvantaged because of posting names... i dunno im silly.

anyway i accidentally cut out the first house!

i really liked them and the girl who rushed me first there was at my table the night before - so that was cool! they were all really excited and cute and their energy was really contagious! i liked them and i had a lot in common with several nof the girls i talked with!
Old 01-25-2002, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

oh ya and on my first post the continuation of the "there were A LOT" sentence was "there were a lot of girl wearing jeans!" i was sooo suprised!! it was crazy, but i guess they didnt think it was as formal as i thought it was..im not sure...
Old 01-25-2002, 07:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like things are off to a good start. It also feels like you are open to all the girls you are meeting and houses you are visiting. That's a BIG plus! What you wore sounds darling and remember, it never hurts to be classy casual. When you look good, you feel good, allowing you to concentrate on getting to know the women you are meeting! Don't forget to check back with us, we are all pulling foryou!
Old 01-25-2002, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

so far so good

sounds like all is well...
hang in
lol
mmcat