GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,167
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,296
1 members and 1,295 guests
John

Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Oh, well. I'm just going to keep telling myself that the longer Coach stays on the show, the more disappointed he'll be when he's voted off. His exit interview, whenever it is, will be fantastic.
And even if he makes it to the final 3, there's NO WAY he's winning that million dollars. Unless he's up against two equally obnoxious people.. but I really can't think of two who would fit that description.

@~/~~~~
Old 04-15-2009, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Unless he's up against two equally obnoxious people.. but I really can't think of two who would fit that description.
I dunno...I think just about everyone this season is obnoxious in some form or fashion [notice how that keeps me from watching every week when I should be at choir practice ]. In this case, even thought I kinda like her, I think Sierra would lose to Coach. But that would only be in a Final 2 situation. And if Sierra and Coach end up in a Final 2 situation, I'm never watching Survivor again.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
I dunno...I think just about everyone this season is obnoxious in some form or fashion [notice how that keeps me from watching every week when I should be at choir practice ].
Obnoxious, yes. AS obnoxious as Coach? I don't know.

My favorite right now is probably Stephen. He's so sneaky and playing every side and no one suspects anything. It makes me laugh.

@~/~~~~
Old 04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to a.e.B.O.T.
Quote:
I've never been as sad to see a tribal council cancelled due to injury as I was last week. And, just to be clear, I wasn't sad because I liked the guy who left (I can't even remember his name); I was sad because it would've been a reallllly interesting TC.
I think the drama will boil even more now with the same thoughts and give more time to scheming that this next will now be BETTER thanks to the injury... can only hope, right?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
My favorite right now is probably Stephen. He's so sneaky and playing every side and no one suspects anything. It makes me laugh.
I like Stephan and Brandon.

And Sierra is annoying, but nowhere near as much so as Coach.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.e.B.O.T. View Post
I think the drama will boil even more now with the same thoughts and give more time to scheming that this next will now be BETTER thanks to the injury... can only hope, right?
I hope you're right! I won't get to watch tonight, but I hope it's juicy anyway.

I don't know that I have a favorite player at this point. I initially liked the idea behind the blind alliance, but I think the novelty of it has worn off (that is to say, I can't think of a good reason why I don't want to see it work anymore). I'd like to see more of Tyler and Deb, so I'd hate to see either of them go any time soon: Tyler always says the most hilarious things, and Deb has some serious spunk and likeability. I think when it comes to gameplay, though, Stephen is probably the best Survivor out there. At least, it appears that way to me based on the editing...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Have we mentioned that Deb is an Alpha Gam?

ETA: Yeah, we have Nevermind!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Tyler always says the most hilarious things...
I've seen speculation that Tyler is positioning himself as a "quote factory" to get as much screen time as possible.

And if I had to guess, I just might put my money on him to go tonight.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
I've seen speculation that Tyler is positioning himself as a "quote factory" to get as much screen time as possible.
I wouldn't be surprised if this were true! Some of the things he says are so outlandish that I can't believe he actually means what he's saying. It doesn't prevent him from saying it, nonetheless. You know, both Tyler and Coach bring "flavor" to the show. I'm trying to decide why Tyler's flavor is more palatable than Coach's. Maybe because Tyler can't actually be as terse as he seems, but Coach can definitely be as egotistical as he seems. I dunno... I'm open to ideas here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
And if I had to guess, I just might put my money on him to go tonight.
Now, MC, if you know something we don't, be nice and use the spoiler font!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Now, MC, if you know something we don't, be nice and use the spoiler font!
LOL. No, I don't have any spoiler information. Pure guess. I'm going with what I think would be the good strategy for Stephen, whom I think is in the driver's seat right now.

And I think you're right about Coach vs Tyler. I think with Tyler, we're all in on his joke. Coach, meanwhile, I don't think has a clue about how big a joke he is.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
I can't stand Stephen, Tyson or Coach. They can all go as far as I'm concerned. I get that Stephen is playing a good game, but he bores me or something. Blah.

I love JT, even though I'm not sure he made the best move last night. We'll see.

And I can't believe how much weight Taj has lost. It's crazy.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

What do y'all think of the pygmie kidnapping/near death experience in the Amazon story that Coach told!! How about at tribal where he told Jeff something about them wanting to eat his butt??? What???

I think the guy is a pathological liar!! As he went on and on about the national geographic people wanting to go with him and he told them, "No. This trip is about me." I nearly choked on my Chardonney! Then Brandon asked him how he paid for the helicopter drop in the Amazon, and he said he just asked. Yeah, right! What a tool!

I cannot stand him, but I kind of don't want him to get voted off for a while so I can hear more of his complete and utter BS! It will be a thing of beauty when he finally gets the boot. His face when they lost the reward challenge was wonderful - pure baby whining!! When he gets voted off, he is for sure going to blow a fuse. AND, his jury appearance will be comic gold, Dragon Slayer that he is!! hahahahahaha
Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by srmom View Post
What do y'all think of the pygmie kidnapping/near death experience in the Amazon story that Coach told!! How about at tribal where he told Jeff something about them wanting to eat his butt??? What???

I think the guy is a pathological liar!! As he went on and on about the national geographic people wanting to go with him and he told them, "No. This trip is about me." I nearly choked on my Chardonney! Then Brandon asked him how he paid for the helicopter drop in the Amazon, and he said he just asked. Yeah, right! What a tool!

I cannot stand him, but I kind of don't want him to get voted off for a while so I can hear more of his complete and utter BS! It will be a thing of beauty when he finally gets the boot. His face when they lost the reward challenge was wonderful - pure baby whining!! When he gets voted off, he is for sure going to blow a fuse. AND, his jury appearance will be comic gold, Dragon Slayer that he is!! hahahahahaha
I about died listening to his story. He had a military connection that just happened to let him use a helicopter. Talk about delusional...
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't get to watch last night, so I'm assuming that Coach is still around. I'll have to watch online or something to see what I missed!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Jen, I laughed out loud at that!

Some gems from Coach:

Brendan: "How'd you afford a military chopper?"
Coach: "That I got for free."
Brendan: "How'd you do that?"
Coach: "I pulled some strings."

Coach: "Be the wizard, Stephen, be the wizard."

And Best of ALL:

Coach: "If you do a Google search you won't find it; it's only passed down verbally."

The guy is comic genius (except for the genius part )