GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,584
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,188
1 members and 1,187 guests
John

Old 01-21-2008, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

no word yet
Old 01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

i wrote this last night, but it wouldn't let me post it for some reason:

today was philanthropy round. we found out last night which houses we were going back to for this round. when i got my schedule, i immediately scanned for mulan and cinderella, and was in shock when i realized the cinderella was not on my list. i seriously LOVED this house and every single girl in it i spoke with. i could not figure out what had happened and why they had cut me. it really hurt that they did not want me to be their sister. but, after venting with my friend, who was also cut from one of her top choices, i decided to be happy that i still had mulan, which i loved just as much as cinderella, and a full schedule. the other houses i visited for philanthropy round were snow white, pocahontas, and ariel.

PHILANTHROPY ROUND
snow white- the first girl who met me at the door here today wasn't very interesting. she took me on a quick tour of the house and was friendly and everything, but she didn't really make me want to be a part of snow white. i also had a hard time keeping the conversation going with the second girl i spoke with while we did the craft. BUT, i absolutely loved talking to the last girl i met today. and i also got to say hi to another snow white i had met on the first night and really really liked as well. however, i still left knowing that although i enjoyed myself at snow white in the end, there were two houses i wanted more, and so i would not be ranking snow white as a top choice.

ariel- every single girl i talked to in ariel was so sweet and really fun to talk to. i had such an easy time carrying on conversations with these girls about really random things. i had a really fun time here today, and the hour went by pretty quickly. now that i'm typing this i realize that i probably should have ranked ariel higher on my list than snow white, but i feel like as hard as i try to keep an open mind, the sorority's reputations are still having some influence on my decision making.

pocahontas- i found out that my twin sister accepted a bid from pocahontas at her school last night! so that definitely made me a little more interested in considering pocahontas at my school, because i think it would be really cute if we ended up in the same sorority. i had always liked the pocahontas girls. they all seem really outgoing and fun and easy to talk to. i did, however, not recognize a girl i had met during open house round and really liked today, and i think she may have been offended. i really hope that doesn't mess my chances up at pocahontas. i really really want to return for pref night!

mulan- i cannot say this enough: I LOVE THIS HOUSE! every single girl i talked to in mulan today was so sweet to me. they all told me that they had heard so much about me from my friend, and that they were really glad to meet me. all if of them seemed so interested in making sure i was happy and felt welcome. i want these girls to be my sisters so badly. i'm a little worried because during one of my conversations with two of the girls, my twin came up, and they asked what sorority she was in at her school, and then later they asked what houses i had seen today, so i really hope they don't cute me because they think i'll end up joining the same sorority as my sister. i REALLY want to be in mulan. i hope that came across, and i really hope to return her for pref round. i would be absolutely crushed if they cut me.

we then went to post office to rank our houses. when i got there, i was still a little nervous about the whole situation with mulan and pocahontas. but the girl i spoke to on panhel says that really shouldn't affect anything and not to worry about it. i ranked my houses:

1.mulan
1.pocahontas
2.snow white
3.ariel

tomorrow we have a break from rushing. and wednesday is pref round. i am such a mix of excitement and nerves right now.

Last edited by EskimoGirl; 01-22-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoGirl View Post
i'm a little worried because during one of my conversations with two of the girls, my twin came up, and they asked what sorority she was in at her school, and then later they asked what houses i had seen today, so i really hope they don't cut me because they think i'll end up joining the same sorority as my sister.
I know it's too late to reverse this, but you didn't have to tell her those things. Good luck with your pref invites tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a question - why is your twin going with you to rush events when she just recently pledged (within a day) at another school? This does not compute.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I think she means the subject of her twin came up, not that her actual twin was there. I THINK - it's the only thing that makes sense.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

This is what I understood, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I think she means the subject of her twin came up, not that her actual twin was there. I THINK - it's the only thing that makes sense.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

OHHH! I get it - Sorry, now back to our regularly scheduled programming
Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Haha, that's what I understood too, otherwise we might have a RITY situation on our hands again
Old 01-22-2008, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

yess, haha, i meant that the topic of my twin sister came up. she is many states away from me. and the only reason i told them these things was because those exact questions were asked, and i didn't want to come off as standoffish or as if i was hiding anything by not answering.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikchick View Post
Haha, that's what I understood too, otherwise we might have a RITY situation on our hands again
haha, "there was that thing..."
Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

When do you find out about who you have been invited to Pref. It's really great that you have 3 chapters that you loved, even though your heart is set on Mulan.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait for tomorrow. Maybe Airel will turn up stranger things have happened. Again my one word of advice is they are all good movies and you just want to be invited to go. In the end will all like Disney movies, all of them. Best of luck.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

how cruel that you have to wait a whole day (and two nights) before your pref. parties!

best wishes for the invitations you are hoping for.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

i got my pref round schedule tonight. and now i'm getting ready to go to the parties. i'll update again when i get back. but i wanted to let you all know that i'll be going to pocahontas and mulan! yayyyyyyyy
Old 01-23-2008, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

That's so exciting!!!! Hope it is a wonderful pref for you!