GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,431
0 members and 1,431 guests
No Members online

Old 06-04-2003, 08:26 PM

George Carlin, hands down. I left my 'death bed' to see Carlin, and it was worth every moment.

Also enjoy Robin Williams, and Monty Python (yes, they did do some live dates in their career.) We've got a copy of Bill Cosby's "Himself" for roadtrips, and it's really funny!
Old 06-05-2003, 02:29 AM
GreekChat Member

My favorite comedians... not necessarily stand-up, but my favorite funny people.

I adore Dave Chapelle. I first saw him on Leno a few years ago and he was live from the Country Music Awards and it was the funniest thing I've seen on Leno in a long time. I've been such a fan of his since then. HILARIOUS!

I want to marry Jimmy Fallon. Or at least someone like him. I think he's adorable and cute and find him totally endearing. I think he's hilarious and everytime I see him on Weekend Update, he never fails to crack me up. He does the BEST impressions. They're just fabulous. My friends all tell me that they see me marrying someone like Jimmy. Really cute (not like smolderingly sexy, but sexy in his own goofy, adorable way), smart, goofy, adorable and just FUN with a great sense of humor.

Chris Rock cracks me up, too. I'm not so much a fan of his movies (he's had some bad ones), but I love him in interviews and live. He's a riot. And his voice alone is just hilarious. Jimmy does a fantastic impression of Chris Rock, too.

After watching Bruce Almighty last week, I realized how great Jim Carrey is too. He's HILARIOUS. I love his voices and his signature phrases (one in the last part of my signature, too!) and his rubber faces and his physical comedy. Sure he's made some bad movies, but all you need to do is watch him do his thang in Bruce Almighty to reaffirm his hilarity. You may not like the movie, but you can't NOT laugh at some of Jim's parts. I looove him in interviews too! He's crazy and unpredictable and just seems like so much fun. I'd take him over Sandler anyday. I like Jim because his humor is like mine... he does the funny voices, and the funny faces and the classic phrases that I love so much.

Oh, and I'm a big Letterman fan, too. I love his sarcastic, dry wit. So much funnier than Leno.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:47 AM
GreekChat Member

George Carlin

Bill Hicks

Janeane Garofalo

Margaret Cho

Dave Chappelle

Chris Rock

Joy Behar

Steven Wright

Eddie Izzard

Monty Python

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Old 06-05-2003, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Brian Regan is the absolute best. I can listen to his cd all the time and still laugh like crazy! I saw him live last fall and he was even better in person!
Old 06-07-2003, 04:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hootchpdt
Re: Re: comedian

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDPrincess70
I'm insulted that you doubt my Eddie Izzard knowledge! haha

I'm going to actually see him in person in October!! He's touring with a new routine called "Sexie." OH MY GOD I CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT.

And all I have to say is "Thank you for flying Church of England cake or death!"
DEATH!...NO CAKE!!

NA UH, YOU SAID DEATH, YOU SAID DEATH!

I MEANT TO SAY CAKE!

WELL, ALRIGHT. YOU ARE LUCKY WE ARE THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND.

OOOOOOH, I LIKE MY WOMEN LIKE I LIKE MY COFFEE, HOT, STRONG, WITH A SPOON IN THEM. AHHHHHH...THE CURVE OF THE SPOON THE CURVE OF YOUR BREAST........

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Old 06-07-2003, 07:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I like almost every single person listed so far.

Margaret Cho is MY GIRL, she came to Anchorage and there were parts of her act my friends didn't understand as they didn't grow up in San Francisco.

I also really like this one guy off of BET's Comic View, he was on a couple of years ago. Darren Carter. He is this red headed white guy and just cracked me up doing impressions of Bill Clinton using slang. Also about being a white guy and his gang would ride in a Volvo with an "I HEART Soccer" bumpsticker...and they were packing 45..SPF 45. He had us in tears.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Wanda Sykes
Brian Regan
Chris Rock
Old 06-10-2003, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

carlos mencia
robin williams
eddie murphy
george lopez
chris rock
dennis leary
lewis black
robert schimmel
george carlin
eddie izzard
Old 06-10-2003, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
Re: Re: Re: comedian

Quote:
Originally posted by hootchpdt

OOOOOOH, I LIKE MY WOMEN LIKE I LIKE MY COFFEE, HOT, STRONG, WITH A SPOON IN THEM. AHHHHHH...THE CURVE OF THE SPOON THE CURVE OF YOUR BREAST........

hahaha...my favorite, from "Glorious:"

I like my women how I like my coffee...in a...plastic cup...
Old 06-11-2003, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Mitch Hedberg!

"escalator temporarily stairs...sorry for the convenience...you can still get to where you are going..."
Old 06-11-2003, 06:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Is Mitch Hedberg the one that does the joke: "So you can cook...but can you farm"?
Old 06-11-2003, 07:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Robin Williams, George Carlin, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy...that's all I can think of right now.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Eddie Izzard. He's a British comedian who is HILARIOUS. You MUST see his special "Dress to Kill." Funniest damn thing I've ever seen.

Re: Re: comedian

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm insulted that you doubt my Eddie Izzard knowledge! haha

I'm going to actually see him in person in October!! He's touring with a new routine called "Sexie." OH MY GOD I CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT.

And all I have to say is "Thank you for flying Church of England cake or death!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEATH!...NO CAKE!!

NA UH, YOU SAID DEATH, YOU SAID DEATH!

I MEANT TO SAY CAKE!

WELL, ALRIGHT. YOU ARE LUCKY WE ARE THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND.

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I love the history of Stone Hedge! and his shoes rock!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowbrightCS; 06-11-2003 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

its me again?

I have seen the tour dates for the Eddie Izzard Sexie tour, are they stioll adding? There is nothing in the south, not even Atlanta, I know they added some for other counties but I want to see him At Fox Theater!

Old 06-11-2003, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
Quote:
Originally posted by rainbowbrightCS
its me again?

I have seen the tour dates for the Eddie Izzard Sexie tour, are they stioll adding? There is nothing in the south, not even Atlanta, I know they added some for other counties but I want to see him At Fox Theater!

I don't know if he's still adding tour dates...maybe you could try chekcing out his website or maybe a ticketmaster site? Since there are still a few months before the actual performances, they're probably still scheduling.

I don't know about you, but I'd travel as far as I needed to see him in person!! Madagascar? Done and done. It's Eddie freaking Izzard!!!!!