GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,290
0 members and 1,290 guests
No Members online

Old 08-29-2002, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

YAY! YAY! YAY! It was worth the wait!!!!!

Have a wonderful time tonight at your prefs. Of course I am partial, but my college roomie was a DG, and they are a great organization as well!

Good luck tonight, and try not to keep us waiting too long!!!
Old 08-29-2002, 04:36 PM

Holly, here's hoping you have another wonderful evening. I can't wait to hear where your new home will be.

Christin
Old 08-29-2002, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Go Holly!

Congratulations on your rush so far, I cannot wait to hear how pref goes for you, it is a wonderful night.
Go Chi O!
Go DG!
Old 08-29-2002, 04:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
Holly, I hope you have a wonderful night and find your place!
Old 08-29-2002, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so glad you're going to Chi Omega! I went to HS with a really sweet girl who became a Chi O at TU! (I think she's already graduated, though.)
Old 08-29-2002, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Holly, best of luck to you tonight! Chi O is huge on our campus here and I have heard great things about DG. I'm sure you'll find your home and be a wonderful, happy sister
Old 08-29-2002, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Awesome!! Have a great time tonight at Chi Omega-our pref is truly beautiful...but DG is a great org as well!! I have some friends in DG-and they are wonderful, smart, sweet girls!!

You will find a wonderful home wherever you go!!
Old 08-29-2002, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RxyChrldr
I'm so glad to hear that you will be going to pref at these two wonderful GLO's! I knew from the get-go which house was DG, as soon as you mentioned the philanthropy project! Keep us all informed, best of luck to you!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up getting close my girl

it's almost 9 in the mountain state, so you folks are about an hour away.
my heart is with you for the happiest of nights.
let us know as soon as you can so we can celebrate with you.
lol
Old 08-29-2002, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay, Delta Gee!
Good Luck and have fun...I am crossing my fingers that one of those 2 lettered groups will soon be your home!
Old 08-30-2002, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

AHHH!! the suspense is killing me! Hurry with the bids and put us all out of our misery You've got two amazing groups to choose from...but I am sorta partial
Old 08-30-2002, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm anxious to hear the latest update as well...for obvious reasons. Come and post here as soon as you can!
Old 08-30-2002, 04:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shark_in_Skirt Send a message via Yahoo to Shark_in_Skirt
Good luck in your decision, Holly, and congratulations on getting this far!

XOXO,
Annie.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Hello everyone! I bet you have been waiting for this post!!!
Well I am a new member of a wonderful GLO....hmm, can you guess which one!?! Haha....

Okay so last night was pref night. I went to the DG house first. All of the girls wore white. I talked to a girl who I had been with a lot during recruitment. A senior then got up and spoke about what DG had meant to her in the past...it almost made me cry. We had this sorbet to eat that was SO good. Oh, as we walked in the door, there was a huge ice sculpture of an anchor that had beautiful real laies (cant spell, the hawaiian things ) and we each were given one to wear. Then was the ceremony which was beautiful. The only thing was that we had to sit on the floor in our dresses which was very uncomfortable, and the AC had gone out at their house and it was like 90 degrees in there. After leaving the house I was SO torn...it made me take another look at DG and I was SO confused.
Next I went to the Chi O house. All of the girls wore black. I talked with a girl that I really clicked with during recruitment. She was asking me how I felt about my decision and I told her how comfortable I was in her house and how I really liked all of the girls. We just laughed because it was like we both knew we'd see eachother again tonight...it was pretty funny, everyone else was so serious and quiet and we were laughing...! Oh, the food there was AWESOME! We got cake with our names written on it in icing...we also got this really good punch. Then was their ceremony. It was beautiful. I even cried...I left knowing full well which house was for me.
When we got our pref sheet Chi O was my first choice!
We had to meet at this lecture hall at 10...at about 12 the bids were ready! All of our rho chis did revelation of their affiliation. The Panhel Pres was a Chi O and I was SO excited, because she is the COOLEST girl and I was just hoping that my bid card would say Chi O too....3 rho chis were also Chi-O and they were all awesome girls! So then they started handing out bids...on 3 we opened ours all up. As I was opening mine the panhel pres came up to me and said, "Why dont you open that up and come with me!!" I tore it open and it said
CHI OMEGA!!!!
We all met outside and took off running toward the house. The streets were FILLED with drunk frat boys cheering us on...Our house is at the end of sorority row and up a hill so I was dead!! We got there and our whole house was standing in the street cheering us on holding red and yellow baloons. We got there and had a huge hugging/crying/laughing fest! Then we got our Owl Pal, mine is the greatest girl in the whole world! We got our bid day shirts and a shower caddy filled with goodies like a key chain, window sticker, cup, pencils, magnet....all sorts of stuff. Next we all got in a circle and did a new member thing...we got our lavalliers and met our pledge class. I have a WONDERFUL pledge class. We filled quota and remain the biggest sorority at TU. Then we spent the night at the house. Today we have house pictures and we actually got a firetruck with firemen to take our fun picture with (dont ask how!)...Well that is my story...I am one happy girl right now! Yeah CHI OMEGA!!!!!
Holly
Old 08-30-2002, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

C with an H with an I
O with an M with an E
G with an A, whadda'ya say?
Chi-O's the one for me! HEY!

And Holly, too, apparently! Welcome to the sisterhood, Holly! I hope you will have as many wonderful times in Chi Omega as I did. Good luck with your New Member period!!!

Chi-O love and mine,
Kathy