Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,187
0 members and 1,187 guests
No Members online

Old 06-17-2002, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00
Ahhh!!! It's not a pressing issue. I'm just clearing up what I said. And the last time I was a victim of racism was last week. I accidentally cut off a car full of black people (don't flame me on this, I'm not racist...see the thread I posted a while back) and they found me at a gas station. One woman got out of the car, threw some nasty food type thing at my window, and said "Get out of the car you f-king white bitch". Now if I had retaliated and called her a "black bitch" then I'd definately be in the hospital right now.
now that's FUNNY...you cut these people off, although unintentionally, they followed you & you got cussed out. Just because they happened to be black and you happen to be white does not make that racism. Honey, that's ROAD RAGE. My guess is she may have done the same thing if you were black, but that's just me. I'm an equal opportunity cusser. Now if you hadn't done anything to them, that is if they followed you to the gas station just because you're white, i could understand u saying that's racism. But then, that would require that you know their intent, which you couldn't and that would also require some power to be involved (ie a black police officer) and there isn't in your account. They didn't know that you didn't intentionally cut them off, which is why you got cussed out, not because you're white.

Last edited by 12dn94dst; 06-17-2002 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-17-2002, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
You are wasting your time discussing this with SigmaChiGuy.

Really.

Honey, this one isn't even worth responding to girl. Let it goooo.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 06-17-2002, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally posted by 12dn94dst

now that's FUNNY...you cut these people off, although unintentionally, they followed you & you got cussed out. Just because they happened to be black and you happen to be white does not make that racism. Honey, that's ROAD RAGE. My guess is she may have done the same thing if you were black, but that's just me. I'm an equal opportunity cusser. Now if you hadn't done anything to them, that is if they followed you to the gas station just because you're white, i could understand u saying that's racism. But then, that would require that you know their intent, which you couldn't and that would also require some power to be involved (ie a black police officer) and there isn't in your account. They didn't know that you didn't intentionally cut them off, which is why you got cussed out, not because you're white.
I swear I'm gona cut my head off defending myself on this damn thread! And I know people are just gona say, well stop readin it. No. I'm not one to go out not defending myself (cept when there's a mean person throwin stuff at my window). It's not a racial thing that I unintentionally cut them off and they followed me and yelled at me. YES, that's road rage. But DO NOT use a racial slur on me. I have a lot of black friends, but I am sick of SOME blacks thinking they are always right when it comes to racism. Why don't u people f-king read what I write before u try to quote me and throw words into my mouth that I DID NOT say or INTEND. Sorry...I'm extremely pissed off.

KLTC
Old 06-17-2002, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
I am NOT getting involved in this thread, but had to point out.

Umm, this isn't you claiming to be a 'victim' of 'racism?

No one is putting words in your mouth that you didn't actually say.

Not our fault they didn't sound particularly intelligent.

Like I said, I an't getting involved in this one folks! ANyone who wants to discuss things can PM me, or IM me and we'll chat- Honeykiss, your PM box is full so clean it out girl! You and that PM box man!

Quote:
Ahhh!!! It's not a pressing issue. I'm just clearing up what I said. And the last time I was a victim of racism was last week. I accidentally cut off a car full of black people (don't flame me on this, I'm not racist...see the thread I posted a while back) and they found me at a gas station. One woman got out of the car, threw some nasty food type thing at my window, and said "Get out of the car you f-king white bitch". Now if I had retaliated and called her a "black bitch" then I'd definately be in the hospital right now.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton

Last edited by lovelyivy84; 06-17-2002 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard
I have to agree with PM_Mama. I have only once or twice known to have said things that have made people reevaluate their stance, but generally speaking many people think their all-knowing on THE WAY of Racism. I'm not saying I've ever been discriminated against due to be white....but I'm also not using slurs, giving disproving looks, or feeling otherwise negatively towards any person with skintone different than my own....If I can find this little article I once published in the school newspaper I will try...it summed up very nicely my concerns with racism...if not I'll summarize in a bit. But in the eyes of the general citizen...I am racist because I am white, I could have dated black girls, had crushes on black girls, cringed and defended racist remarks, donated to pro-black causes...but I am white, and thus a racist....and that disgusts me.

anyway...does anyone have ANY thoughts that counter the virtual axiom in my quote from the article on page two of this thread?

Visit: BackSeat SandBar & MySpace

Last edited by SigmaChiCard; 06-17-2002 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SigmaChiCard
I have to agree with PM_Mama. I have only once or twice known to have said things that have made people reevaluate their stance, but generally speaking many people think their all-knowing on THE WAY of Racism. I'm not saying I've ever been discriminated against due to be white....but I'm also not using slurs, giving disproving looks, or feeling otherwise negatively towards any person with skintone different than my own....If I can find this little article I once published in the school newspaper I will try...it summed up very nicely my concerns with racism...if not I'll summarize in a bit. But in the eyes of the general citizen...I am racist because I am white, I could have dated black girls, had crushes on black girls, cringed and defended racist remarks, donated to pro-black causes...but I am white, and thus a racist....and that disgusts me.
Are you serious? You are deemed a racist because you are white ?

Am I on the Jamie Kennedy experiment?

P.S. - I myself do not claim to be all-knowing on racism (but if you think that i am - thanks!). I go according to what the words mean. If you don't like the definitions, I suggest you go talk to Webster about it.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
Ok....to commit a hate crime, one has to be doing it on the basis of a particular hate. Racism is a form of hate, so I suppose the man that shot the people (who were white, and undoubtedly his problem w/ them was their skin color) was a racist. A racist by definition is someone who believes that his race is superior to one or more others, and that belief is called...you guessed it! RACISM. While everyone has their own beliefs about other races, most of us are kind and reasonable enough to not share them. Flinging hateful comments at someone is not racism. But if you add their race (i.e. "f***ing white b****) that is racist. Why was race important? A black white asian arab or pygmy can all cut off other drivers the same. I personally think the young woman (I won't say lady because she didn't behave as such) who threw food and then the insult was racist. Race doesn't have to be an issue. It just becomes one when people make it one.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I swear I'm gona cut my head off defending myself on this damn thread! And I know people are just gona say, well stop readin it. No. I'm not one to go out not defending myself (cept when there's a mean person throwin stuff at my window). It's not a racial thing that I unintentionally cut them off and they followed me and yelled at me. YES, that's road rage. But DO NOT use a racial slur on me. I have a lot of black friends, but I am sick of SOME blacks thinking they are always right when it comes to racism. Why don't u people f-king read what I write before u try to quote me and throw words into my mouth that I DID NOT say or INTEND. Sorry...I'm extremely pissed off.
There's no need to defend yourself if you've done nothing wrong. Everyone has opinions & I gave you mine.

I do understand what you're saying. I just want you to see the other side of this. by the way, how is calling you a "white bitch" a racial slur? now, has she called you a "cracker" or a "honkey" i could understand. but she called you a bitch, & a white one...you are still white, right? I'm not saying that what she did was right, I'm just saying that it was motivated by you cutting her off, but if it makes you feel any better, your being white probably didn't help matters any.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Let me clarify.

Anytime I speak of racism with someone, they will roll their eyes despite good points I make...why, because they are the expert having been born black...they maybe have had no real incidents in their lives and I should hope not, but they are inheritantly right no matter what. That is not just the case here in KY, that is all over our mecca of open minds here on GC as well...

Old 06-17-2002, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you saying, that if she called her a "black b*$ch" back, she would not be a racist too? Not in todays PC society....sorry, but PC America wouldn't stand for that.....but, "White b*$ch" is okay. Such BS.

Quote:

There's no need to defend yourself if you've done nothing wrong. Everyone has opinions & I gave you mine.

I do understand what you're saying. I just want you to see the other side of this. by the way, how is calling you a "white bitch" a racial slur? now, has she called you a "cracker" or a "honkey" i could understand. but she called you a bitch, & a white one...you are still white, right? I'm not saying that what she did was right, I'm just saying that it was motivated by you cutting her off, but if it makes you feel any better, your being white probably didn't help matters any.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

SwissMiss....thank you for getting this thread back to the point. I cannot understand how anyone who read that article could have seen that his problem did not lie in racial hatred...good points....

Old 06-17-2002, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SigmaChiGuy
Are you saying, that if she called her a "black b*$ch" back, she would not be a racist too? Not in todays PC society....sorry, but PC America wouldn't stand for that.....but, "White b*$ch" is okay. Such BS.
Believe it or not, yes, that's what I'm saying. To me, the word "bitch" has no racial connotation...it's like almost any other adjective. Adding "black," white," "purple," just tells you what kind. It's when you get into words like honkey, spic, cracker, nigger and the like that you have a problem. This is KELLI'S opinion on the subject. I'm not speaking for PC America, because I'm not a part of PC America. In my view, PC America needs to take it's head out of the sand & live in the real world.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:

Believe it or not, yes, that's what I'm saying. To me, the word "bitch" has no racial connotation...it's like almost any other adjective. Adding "black," white," "purple," just tells you what kind. It's when you get into words like honkey, spic, cracker, nigger and the like that you have a problem. This is KELLI'S opinion on the subject. I'm not speaking for PC America, because I'm not a part of PC America. In my view, PC America needs to take it's head out of the sand & live in the real world.
Ok, I understand what u just wrote there. But I think what SigmaChiGuy was asking is what if I went up to u and called u a black b*tch? Would u consider that racist? I'll admit, I have said those words when talkin to my friends, but I've also called myself a Dago, my Hispanic friends a Spic, and my white friends Crackers or Honkeys. All of that is done out of fun. But back to my question, what is ur opinion on that?

KLTC
Old 06-17-2002, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Ok, I understand what u just wrote there. But I think what SigmaChiGuy was asking is what if I went up to u and called u a black b*tch? Would u consider that racist? I'll admit, I have said those words when talkin to my friends, but I've also called myself a Dago, my Hispanic friends a Spic, and my white friends Crackers or Honkeys. All of that is done out of fun. But back to my question, what is ur opinion on that?
Well, first I'd want to know why...depending on the reason why not the fact that you called me a black bitch, you may or may not get cussed out. I may say "yeah, so what" or " that's Ms. Black Bitch, get it right next time."
Old 06-17-2002, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Well, first I'd want to know why...depending on the reason why not the fact that you called me a black bitch, you may or may not get cussed out. I may say "yeah, so what" or " that's Ms. Black Bitch, get it right next time."
Can I chime in? This has happened to me before in a meeting at work. Anyway, I did a presentation of which my boss loved. Well, as everyone was leaving the conference room, this lady leaned over to her friend and said "I bet that black b*tch this she's hot stuff now?" while I had my back to them gathering my things. After hearing this, I turn around and said "Your MAMA!" and walked out! I know, that was totally childish but at that moment, I wasn't about to let her stupidity ruin my morning.