GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,478
4 members and 1,474 guests
Cookiez17, flirt5721, LaneSig, Titchou

Old 01-23-2002, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: No questions asked It's...........

Quote:
Originally posted by strobelitehoney
I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv me some WAL-MART. ESPECIALLY THE SUPERCENTERS. Because when it is crowded there, I know I can come back at 2 or 3 in the morning and shop in Peace. Target and Kmart, do not have super centers in Atlanta.
Plus their prices are cheap, and their Items have good quality. Plus it's always someone nice standing in the front door to greet you, and to kick you out. (when you leave) LOL
I give them 2 thumbs up with a wiggle. hee hee
Strobelite, I'm in Atlanta and there is a Super Target right off HWY 78 in Stone Mountain (5 minutes from my house!) I loooooves me so Target!!
Old 01-24-2002, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Tar-jay

That is too cool. Is that the only target supercenter here in atlanta? Now I know that SOME k-marts, and some Targets started selling, a little bit of groceries but not Not all of a grocery store's products. I see target trying to move on up in the world. ha ha ha
Old 01-25-2002, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Wal-Mart vs. Target vs. K-Mart

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Which of the 3 stores is your favorite??

I choose TARGET (pronounced tar zhay )
I know this is old, but I had to tell you that my friends and I also pronounce Target (which is my store of choice) like you do, so it sounds like some expensive French boutique!! Target is a semi-poor woman's Best Friend!
Old 01-27-2002, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Walmart!!!

Although it is messy at times, I love WALMART!!!! K-mart's stuff looks very cheap, and target, as pretty as the store is set up, just never did it for me...I am the one who is always there @ 3am looking for some cereal the next morining or procrastinating (the h.w. gets done...eventually)

Walmart-hands down!
Old 04-23-2003, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DableST_1
Target Vs. Walmart.........

I find myself shopping at Walmart all the time, (for toiletries, things for the house, and sometimes, I may even find a cute pair of shoes. But latley, I have been hooked on Target. The stuff that they have is SOO TRENDY and CUTE!!!!

Which one do you prefer?

TARGET? or WALMART?
Old 04-23-2003, 06:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Wonderful1908
Talking

Wal-meezy (as we say in my house). I grew up on Target but for the essentials and the basics you can not beat walmart, and they match prices.

***Disclaimer*** You can not go in Wal-Mart and just run in and buy one thing you WILL fall into the Wal-mart trap and end up with all kinds of stuff you needed for the house, and yes the bill will be the fool, like what, I just wanted to but some trash bags...what happended?
Old 04-23-2003, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Most of my purchases come from Walmart.

Target is more trendy. We do not have a Super Target; so Walmart gets more props.

Target has better bathrooms. For some strange reason, no matter how new or old the Walmart is....the bathrooms are ALWAYS a mess....ALWAYS!
Old 04-23-2003, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BirthaBlue4
WAAAAAALLLLLLLL-MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT

You cannot compare. Now, Target and sometime K-Mart has some cute baby clothes, but thats it for clothes. They closed half of the ones around here, including the one in Forestville Mall, which EVERYBODY and that grandmama went to around here because all 3 Wal-Marts in the area you have to drive to. Wal-Mart IS the devil, it is beyond addictive, and I ALWAYS spend too much money in there. But I do have one gripe...why are the Huggies at Wal-Mart ALWAYS gone, especially at the one in Clinton. They have more than enough Pampers, Luvs and WM brand, but never any Huggies, or if they do have them, always the wrong size lol. And their clearance racks are gonna be the death of me. One time they had some cute pants but they were in a toddler size, and my daughter was only a few months, but they were $1 so we got them. She can fit them now!!!! And I love the Sam's Choice juice and cookies, especially the butter cookies and the cranberry-black cherry juice.

LAWD HELP US if they build a SUPER Wal-Mart in the area...
Old 04-23-2003, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BirthaBlue4
LAWD HELP US if they build a SUPER Wal-Mart in the area...
I got to SUPER WALMART at least once a month and it is ALWAYS crowded. From now on, I will go there after 10 to cut down on the aisle traffic.

But I shan't complain. Where else can you get Michelina's for 97 cents versus $2 or $3 at the grocery store.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
I just love me some Walmart as a matter of fact I just came back from there, I am trying to walk this baby out! But I can say that I do like some of the deals Target has when they mark stuff down, also I like there comforter sets and stuff!
Old 04-23-2003, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to 1browngirl Send a message via Yahoo to 1browngirl
Well.....

I love Tar-jay. Target is sort of like WalMart but in my opinion offers better quality and that's affordable. It doesn't seem as crowded and messy as WalMart.

Greater Service, Greater Progress since 1922
Old 04-24-2003, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
The funny thing is that I'm from Mississippi and down South, Wal-Mart (or Wally World as we call it) ruled because the HQ was in Arkansas. Then I moved to Michigan and K-Mart rules because the HQ is in Troy which is like nearly 2 hours away. However, I never stepped foot inside a Target until I moved to Saginaw because the Target in Mississippi was over 2 hours away from my hometown.

My preference is Wal-Mart, even though I used to work at one and it was a job that I would not wish on my ex-husband (not like he worked a day in his life anyway!)

I think that there is some powerful force at work in Wally World (perhaps Sam Walton's ghost ) that just makes people spend more than they planned to when they go in there.

Target is nice because I can use my Marshall Field's card in there and get some nice things. But since some of their stuff is pricey, I run less of a risk of coming out with more than I planned to buy.

In Saginaw, Wal-Mart is about to take over b/c we already have one Wal-Mart and a Sam's Club (don't get me started about Sam's). Now they are building a Super Wal-Mart and a new and bigger Sam's Club down the street from Saginaw Valley State Univ. and it's set to open sometime early next year. The college campus is like but some of the people in Saginaw are like and
Old 04-24-2003, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Overall, Tarjay. Like the Mossimo Woman line (bought two classic peacoats for $50 and they've held up), looking forward to Isaac Mizrahi's line (wonder if a 16 will fit me) and even like the Liz Lange maternity line, although I'm not pregnant and pushing 40, I probably will never be pregnant.

K-Mart gets good marks for the Martha Stewart everyday line for house stuh. Things like hangers, mothballs for cachemire, and all that.

Wally World only when I need it cheap. Too crowded and messy for my taste.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Organization materials and decoration-Target.

Odds and ends-Walmart.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 04-25-2003, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Target is my favorite! I love Target. I can spend hours there.

But, in college I was introduced to Wal-Mart. I spent a great deal of time in Wal-Mart as well. It was new and closer then Target.

We don't have many Wal-Marts in Cali.