Members: 326,161
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 1,262
4 members and 1,258 guests
BillWitt27, Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII

Old 03-24-2005, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally posted by Speechpath
boy it's been a while since I did this but I have a good "high" of the day!!! I'm pregnant! I can't imagine any lows to go with that one
oh my goodness!! CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 03-24-2005, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

many thanks ladies we are very excited and can't wait for October 27th!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to piphimaggie
Highs: Being able to average 19-20mph on my road bike.

LOWS: not going to law school this Fall (but I'm hopeful for fall 2006)
Old 04-17-2005, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
First off, ladies, sorry for not being around as much I used to. Grad school as consumed most of my life, but I'm always here if you need me! And yes, I do read all comments coming through the board.

Highs: This semester is almost over! Only two more summer sessions, fall, and externships to get through before I have my IU M.A. degree. Also, Jeremy was accepted into the IU chemistry Ph.D. program, so he'll be moving here in May. For those of you who don't know, we've been in a long distance relationship for the past 4 years, and finally we're together. Oh, and we've set our wedding date for June 2006. I'll post more when "it's official".

My uncle flies in this Wednesday. We're really close but I've only met him 2x in my lifetime. Thursday is the Indiana Speech Hearing convention, and this weekend is going to be one big party. My birthday is on the 28th (ahem? Pi Phi birthday as well!) so I may have a small bday party this weekend.

Lows: I've done something odd to my foot. I don't know exactly what I did, but it's swollen and it hurts to walk. I have a ton of work to do before I leave for the convention/party weekend. Other than that life is good.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to suzipiphi Send a message via Yahoo to suzipiphi
Low: Greek week is over(I was director) I'm kind of sad about it. I don't have a job lined up for after graduation but its ok.

Highs: Pi Phi placed 2nd overall, got 1st place in greek sing and we didn't have to cheat(j/k). Ever since I've been here we've never done this well. I am so glad to graduate with the chapter having such a high moral.

Graduation is in 3 weeks(2 weeks of school and 1 week of finals. And last night I was awarded the Greek Women of the year. I was so excited and according to people on the selection committee I won it hands down.

And I have a date tonight with a really great guy.

Hopefully this week won't change!

Suzi
Old 04-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Unhappy

my father-in-law's oncologist says that he has maybe 2 months left. Until now, we were hoping for the best.

I'm sorry, I can't think of a high right now.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

sorry Carnation!

Highs : I just finished a 9 page paper that's due on May 2nd!!! I just have one paper left before graduation! I get to see the boyfriend tonight and in his words we're going to have "wacky fun time"! (aka. watching lots of episodes of the shield with some cold ones!) Sunday is our founders day luncheon where I become an alumna too!

Lows : Only a few more weeks left in the semester and I still have a paper and my departmental honors exam left. I also have to go to class next week in the class that I finished the paper today in. I just want free time! Although I need to start studying for the LSAT!
Old 04-21-2005, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Highs: I only have one more final left. I'm done at 1pm tomorrow and then it's off to the pub to celebrate.

Lows: I am tired and I want to have a nap, but I'm afraid if I have a nap I won't get enough studying time in.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Highs: I have sooo many things I haven't posted lately. But...

A) My senior thesis is done, and defended!!
B) I will be attending the University of Texas at Austin next year to get my Ph.D. in history! I am so excited about the possibility of working with their chapter!
C) I just found out that I am the Epsilon Province winner for the Amy Burnham Onken Award! What an honor!
D) I graduate in a little over a month!

Lows: I have an awful paper leftover from last term. I got a WIP and now I have to finish it up, boo. And I am super-stressed out as usual.

LOL... That should update all the sisters who don't read my LJ.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on grad school and your award! great news!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I found out we're having a little boy so that was pretty exciting!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Highs: I am still on a high from my grades I got back. I finished this semester with a 3.5 gpa and a yearly overall of 3.7. I made the honour roll. I had a good May 2-4 weekend (a.k.a Victoria Day long weekend).

Lows: Still no full time summer job, so I don't know how I am to pay tuition for next semester. Hopefully I will hear about a job soon, this law firm says they are interested in me, but I am skeptical.
Also, I have to start a 10 page research paper and post a debate question on my distance ed course website, but I haven't had time to finish the readings I have to base this question on.

P.S Congratulations Speechpath on your new addition.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Highs: Well, I actually got some sleep last night. My bf is finally in the same town as me (after 4 years!), and this Saturday we're meeting with the priest so we can book the church/reception site. (No "official" engagement just yet though. ....we're just planning ahead for next summer.)

Lows: I'm extremely overwhelmed with school, and they want me to take on even more clients. Grad school is definitely kicking into high gear this summer!

Also, last weekend I found out that an aunt very close to me has breast cancer. She gets her official test results tomorrow to see if it has spread or if she needs to have a mastectomy.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Highs: I graduate in a week and a day, I have a great boyfriend, and an even better sorority!!

Lows: Before I graduate, I must take two exams!
Old 06-06-2005, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

low: no idea what I am doing in the next week/month/year

high: I graduated from college!! WOOO!!!