GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,316
0 members and 1,316 guests
No Members online

Old 06-01-2005, 02:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Now I'm kind of wondering why Keenyah didn't win...

Quote:
Originally posted by #1 Leading Lady
Yeah Keenyah definitely is doing the darn thing.....Her presence in these pictures are really overshadowing Naima IMO. Naima is giving me that I WON America's Next Top Model thing...she and Kahlen look like extra background posers in these.
I didn't even notice it was Naima and Kahlen until I read your post. I guess because I saw Keenyah's name in the topic...
Old 06-01-2005, 07:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
Quote:
Originally posted by 2Tuff2Quit
I may or may not be the only one that feels this way but I think that both American Idol and American's Next Top Model should both take a year off, to let the show get a rest and maybe come back fresh. I think they are runnin them into the ground. I personally would enjoy them more if they took a seaon off or something......

i totally agree. ANTM has lost it's fame with me. the last season end about a week ago and in less then a few weeks another is starting.

i actually stopped watching ANTM. the best season was the first and the third season.

by the way. has anyone notice where adrianne curry, the other white model. dang, i can't remember her name. she was the 2nd winner. where are they and what are they doing? i see alot of magazine sporting Eva shoots.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to smlwonderdst Send a message via Yahoo to smlwonderdst
The second winner's name is Yoanna.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Adrienne was on The Surreal Life reunion show and she stated that she was going into acting and away from modeling. she said something to the effect that she was a bit too big (at like a size 4) for the industry and that acting was right for her. as for Yoanna and the rest? no clue...
Old 06-01-2005, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't really chimed in but I think with Cover Girl being this year's sponor....they were looking for a "cover girl" type and I think Naima was the "best of both worlds" for lack of a better phrase.

I have no opinion on this season, but I do hope it gets better next season, I just got the feeling that this season was all about Tyra (and she really does need to tone down the hair....its getting WAY too orange)

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Keenyah looks really big and rectangular in the last picture with the shorts. I think that's kinda funny considering her quote in the picture talks about her being "fleshy in the middle" or something like that. (Yes, I had to squint really hard to read it!) I really think it she had gotten her weight under control (and her attitude!) she would have won.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Missam05 Send a message via Yahoo to Missam05
Quote:
Originally posted by MaMaBuddha
i totally agree. ANTM has lost it's fame with me. the last season end about a week ago and in less then a few weeks another is starting.
Season Five?? Already??
Old 06-02-2005, 06:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Missam05
Season Five?? Already??
Season 5 will start in September.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Season 5 aye? After Season 3 it just seemed to have gone downhill for me.

Sidebar: can't wait til The Wire comes back
Old 06-02-2005, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

It seems that most reality shows lose its appeal after 2 or 3 seasons/cycles.

3 words:
The Real World
Old 07-10-2005, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Yaya Lands Lead Film Role Alongside Antonio Banderas

New York, NY - America's Next Top Model finalist, Yaya, will be making her big screen debut in early 2006. She landed a leading role in the upcoming dance-drama entitled Take the Lead, starring opposite Antonio Banderas.

You may remember Yaya as the outspoken Brown University graduate who was the runner-up on season 3 of America's Next Top Model. Being a top contender in the hit TV show landed her enough of a buzz that she was immediately signed to the prestigious modeling agency, Ford Models. Her flawless photographs and talent on the runway were undeniable.

A rare combination of beauty and brains, Yaya is a multi-faceted individual, with an incredible ability to excel at anything she chooses to do. Yaya is not simply a supermodel. Thus, it should be no surprise that well be seeing Yaya on the big screen very soon.

Yaya will play the role of a dance student. The film is inspired by the true story of international ballroom dancer Pierre Dulane. Banderas plays the role of a former professional dancer (Dulane) who volunteers to give dance lessons to New York public school students.

The story unfolds when his ballroom methods clash with the students hip hop style, but teacher and students later team up to create a new style of dance. Yaya's prominent role as a dancer allows her to showcase her background as a dancer.

Currently being filmed in Toronto, the picture will be directed by Liz Friedlander and released by New Line Cinema in early 2006
Old 07-10-2005, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Interesting to hear about YaYa. Have to see the promo for the movie. The write-up does nothing for me.

Will wait for y'all to go see it and write the reviews here...LOL
Old 07-10-2005, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, she & Eva are doing their thang!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RBL
GO YAYA!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Banderas plays the role of a former professional dancer (Dulane) who volunteers to give dance lessons to New York public school students.

The story unfolds when his ballroom methods clash with the students hip hop style, but teacher and students later team up to create a new style of dance.
Hmmm, let me guess. He's going to teach the students discipline and they're going to teach him a lil' bit of soul.