GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith

Old 09-28-2009, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I hide food in my room...lol
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^
Are they snacks? I immediately thought of plates and bowls of perishables under your bed.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyAKA View Post
^^^
Are they snacks? I immediately thought of plates and bowls of perishables under your bed.

lol hmm lets seeringles, a of bag oreos and warm cans of soda,I still feel as though im hoarding snacks.lol
Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I confess that I got married 4 months ago but still sometimes forget that I am now a wife
I confess that I love my new hubby
I confess that we have been trying to have a baby for 2 years with no luck so far but still hoping.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlfektEdge View Post
I confess that I got married 4 months ago but still sometimes forget that I am now a wife
I confess that I love my new hubby
I confess that we have been trying to have a baby for 2 years with no luck so far but still hoping.
It's perfectly normal for that to happen, since it's still new. As long as you love your husband and he reciprocates, it's not a problem. As far as trying to conceive, keep trying but don't rush it. When it's meant to be, God will bless you.
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 01-08-2010, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I confess, I am ready to get my 102 on. I am already looking for soirees to hit. This is such a Pink and Green time for me, what with my AKAversary and all of the other special days that fall in January.

I confess, I want this with every fiber, sinew, muscle, cell of my being. I will be working with all that is in me to make it happen this year.

I confess, I am trying my hardest to be the best version of myself during this time.

I confess that sometimes I feel like I am failing.

Last edited by Little32; 01-08-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I confess these first visits, after I have been away, make my heart feel like lead.

I confess, I apparently am a groomer.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I confess, I have absolutely no energy. Not even enough to go and get myself some dinner.

I confess, I may be taking this harder than I thought.

I confess, I am glad that I took the sorority plates off of my car because my road rage of late has not been cute.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I confess that I paid my dues and told my husband it was a bill, because he does not understand my NEED to pay in full and on time.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

1. I confess that because of Diamond Athena, I read this entire thread and loved it! The advice was so helpful to some situations in my life, even if it was given a few years back.

2. I confess that I am so angry and hurt by my significant other. We're dating (not as serious as before, since I'm abroad) and he promised to do something for me months ago and still had not done it yet. I finally got so fed up that I told him never mind, and still have not spoken to him. He says that he was busy, which is allowable, but after I reminded him twice, I just got tired. Especially since the matter was of such a delicate nature. He had hurt me in the past before (a greater magnitude than this) and we had just started talking again last Christmas. I was so hurt, I had to offer it up to the Lord in prayer.

2. I confess that I think this is a sign from God, since I asked him a little while ago to show me whether He wants me to be with this man permanently or not.

3. I confess that I decided in my tears that I really dont need this, as I have my final year exams coming up. Lord willing, I will have an LL.B (Hons) in July!!!! God has been so good. I have gotten into an LLM programme next year, then it's bar school. I also confess that although I had this plan for about four years now, I am actually anxious for my Call to the Bar.

4. I confess that I am afraid my parents would not be able to come up here for my graduation. But my father insists that they are, and so are a few others. I love my parents so much, my heart feels like it is about to burst just thinking about them. They are truly angels in disguise. I guess i'm saying this now because we have an entire ocean between us , but they have truly stepped up to the plate and made sacrifices for my sister and me.

5. I confess that these exams frighten me and make me doubt, but I pray continually. One poster before me said that walking in faith is a daily experience, which is so true. I leave my Bible open on my desk to Psalms.

6. I confess that at 21, even though I have trials, I couldn't think of any place I'd rather be.

7. I confess that I have a slight curiousity about this guy. He's 23, intelligent, tall, was recently awarded a prestigious scholarship to study at a renown institution in the UK, and next year will be partaking in professional sports. He is from my country but was born and raised in the US, and I sent him a message congratulating him on his achievements, a couple of months ago. We have exchanged a few messages, but nothing ever came out of it. We've never met, but my mind can't help but wonder onto him at times. but then I shake it out and put it aside.

WHEW! that was long. It feels good though.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

- People think I'm very driven and self-motivated (which is true) but I am SO LAZY! I have to literally yell at myself (when I'm alone, of course) to get myself to do things sometimes.

- I am afraid to think about marriage because I don't want to end up with 'x' number of divorces like my mom.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience" -Colossians 3:12
Old 04-27-2010, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate having my girlfriend wait to get proposed to. Saving a paying off debt is frustrating.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animate View Post
I hate having my girlfriend wait to get proposed to. Saving a paying off debt is frustrating.
Quitter.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I confess that I am trying to get it together, but it is rough going. It's going on two months now, and I am moving forward in some areas, but I still feel stuck.

I confess part of that is that my home is in disarray. My house has never looked like this. I look at it in disarray and I hate it, but I just can't seem to do anything about it. I think I need some help.

I confess, I needed Friday night.

ETA: Posting this made me realize how much this is affecting me. I got one room in order today, I will work on the next one tomorrow.

Last edited by Little32; 04-28-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I confess that since I learned that my job is being eliminated June 30, I couldn't care less about anything that happens around here.

I confess that I wish I'd pushed my older son harder in school, so he could have gotten some scholarship money to his first choice college instead of settling for his second choice.

I confess that I hope my older son joins a fraternity this fall when he goes to college!