GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,248
2 members and 1,246 guests
LaneSig
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetygerlily View Post
It must be strange to be the only NPC at your campus! Unless there are other locals or non-NPCs that help bridge the gap. We only had 3 at my school (with no locals or others), which is also a pretty small system.

Here's a great PDF of the NPC badges: Link. It's a great starting point... although in this pic it is hard to tell what the images are on the Chi O badge unless you know what you're looking for.
You know, Lily, we should post this link in the Badges thread as a reference. I always thought it was funny, though, that ZTA, Theta and Phi Mu chose to display badges on this poster that are encrusted with stones that are not their colors. Interesting, but their still beautiful!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It must be strange to be the only NPC at your campus! Unless there are other locals or non-NPCs that help bridge the gap.
I'm guessing ihearttrisigma went to Ursinus College. I know Tri Sigma is the only NPC on that campus but there are several local sororities, too. Didn't mean to "out" the poster or anything, but I live only a few miles from Ursinus so it leaped (leapt?) out at me.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
You know, Lily, we should post this link in the Badges thread as a reference. I always thought it was funny, though, that ZTA, Theta and Phi Mu chose to display badges on this poster that are encrusted with stones that are not their colors. Interesting, but their still beautiful!
It is posted there actually, in the very first post That was quite a while ago now, though.

I've always thought the same. I wonder if each org picked the badge displayed, or if the delegate did, or... Who knows. I'd love to see a pater for each org with all the options... But that would probably be asking way too much!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It is posted there actually, in the very first post That was quite a while ago now, though.

I've always thought the same. I wonder if each org picked the badge displayed, or if the delegate did, or... Who knows. I'd love to see a pater for each org with all the options... But that would probably be asking way too much!
I never noticed...or maybe I've just forgotten...the thread has gotten pretty long! Then again, it is my favorite

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:05 AM
GreekChat Member

One of my sisters was a Rho Gamma and she said one girl dropped a certain house because they had "grandma wallpaper".
Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukemama View Post
I'm guessing ihearttrisigma went to Ursinus College. I know Tri Sigma is the only NPC on that campus but there are several local sororities, too. Didn't mean to "out" the poster or anything, but I live only a few miles from Ursinus so it leaped (leapt?) out at me.
I live near Ursinus too!
I've always wondered why they have 1 NPC and the rest are locals.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmu_aoii View Post
One of my sisters was a Rho Gamma and she said one girl dropped a certain house because they had "grandma wallpaper".
I LOLed
Old 03-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
i always figured that it was someone at npc headquarters who had a grudge against zta, theta and phi mu-lol. that one is not my favorite zta badge.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmu_aoii View Post
Hahah I remember a girl when I went through back in 06 that was dropping houses based on their house decor (like wall color, couches, the TV? lol wtf)..I wish I knew where she ended up, all I remember is that she wanted DG b/c they had a grand piano and no one else did
Old 03-15-2010, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I dropped a house because some of the furniture was leopard printed...
Old 03-15-2010, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh La La View Post
That's legit in my book, consider yourself excused.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh La La View Post
LMAO
Old 03-15-2010, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieXi View Post
I live near Ursinus too!
I've always wondered why they have 1 NPC and the rest are locals.

I have no problem confirming that I went to Ursinus. There is only 1 NPC for the simple reason that Ursinus is a small school and the locals are very very old. The oldest greek organization was formed in 1907, with a majority of them being between 100 to 70 years of age. They have formed their own traditions and feel there is no need to become National. The college has not demanded them to go national, and I can assure you that alumni would not donate if their local organizations were forced to go national. I was a charter sister in 2002 who brought Tri Sigma to UC and it has been a tough but rewarding road. FWIW, there are also 2 National Fraternities on campus, Sigma Pi and Phi Kappa Sigma.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearttrisigma View Post
I have no problem confirming that I went to Ursinus. There is only 1 NPC for the simple reason that Ursinus is a small school and the locals are very very old. The oldest greek organization was formed in 1907, with a majority of them being between 100 to 70 years of age. They have formed their own traditions and feel there is no need to become National. The college has not demanded them to go national, and I can assure you that alumni would not donate if their local organizations were forced to go national. I was a charter sister in 2002 who brought Tri Sigma to UC and it has been a tough but rewarding road. FWIW, there are also 2 National Fraternities on campus, Sigma Pi and Phi Kappa Sigma.
I actually saw 2 of your sisters today in Collegeville sporting their letters!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieXi View Post
I actually saw 2 of your sisters today in Collegeville sporting their letters!
YAY! They make me very proud! If you have any other questions regarding Ursinus greeks just PM me.

Side note, I love that area. I grew up 20 mins from the school and it is just a fantastic place to live. I miss it dearly. Plus it has just exploded in growth. When I started school in 2000 it was pretty rural over there, but now - holy cow, its a mini-city!