GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,577
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,317
2 members and 1,315 guests
John, Xidelt

Old 08-14-2010, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Looks like my Auburn rec didn't get a bid . . .or dropped out.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Belle, I'm sorry to hear that
Old 08-14-2010, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment ended today but WELCOME WEEK just started today at 5:00 pm. Please encourage your girls to participate in the activities. The University really does a lot to make it a memorable event for incoming students and help them feel like part of the AUBURN Family. The WELCOME WEEK committee volunteers countless hours and stays in Auburn all summer to plan and organize this event. This year's event is going to be GREAT!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok sorry I'm still a tad confused on RFM... ok since quota was 57 (ish) and Theta (please note I only used this specific chapter as it has been mentioned as to the numbers of girls they took) took 75 members they had 18 quota additions. Correct? Ok question one when someone becomes a quota addition do they go to the group who had them highest on their bidlist, or do they immediately go to the chapter the pnm listed first. Also when one group takes that many quota additions or even just a few chapters taking one or two quota additions does this normally leave one or a few groups significantly under quota? Because to me it would seem if you took 100 pnms and divided them by 10 groups this would make quota 10. SO if one group took quota plus 7 would that leave one group (or several) under quota either by one or by 7? SO there is no way every group could be above quota, correct? OK sorry if this is a lot of questions or confusing in what I'm asking...I'm just trying to understand rfm a little better.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

ADPiTigergurl: check out this thread http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=22514

I feel like this is the 3rd or 4th time someone's asked about this during this week...

Oh well... hope this helps you out!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to double post, (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) but this is also Kappa Alpha Theta's first formal recruitment on the campus.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

ADPiTigergurl, it's been 12 years since I was Rho Chi/Pi Chi but it's my understanding that quota is the set number (like you said) and if a chapter is still under total, they can take more to get them to chapter total. To use round numbers, if quota is 50, chapter total is 200, current active count is 130 and with the new PNM quota they would only have 180, they could get an additional 20 PNMs to get to 200. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe Gamma Phi at Alabama did this last year (a national record pledge class) to get closer to chapter total.

In terms of do they take the girl's top pick or the chapter's top pick. it's a computer cross match and they're trying to match as many girls as possible. It's probably some of both but a girl isn't usually pulled from ABC (her #1 house) just because she was high on DEF's list and they need more girls. If girls can be placed in their top choice, that's ideal. Some of these might even be snap bids.

Am I helping at all?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectinpurple View Post
Sorry to double post, (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) but this is also Kappa Alpha Theta's first formal recruitment on the campus.
This would be Theta's 2nd FORMAL Recruitment. Last year's pledge class was the first!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks auburnmom09! I knew they just recently re-established the chapter, but wasn't sure when.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSCAXOalum View Post
ADPiTigergurl, it's been 12 years since I was Rho Chi/Pi Chi but it's my understanding that quota is the set number (like you said) and if a chapter is still under total, they can take more to get them to chapter total. To use round numbers, if quota is 50, chapter total is 200, current active count is 130 and with the new PNM quota they would only have 180, they could get an additional 20 PNMs to get to 200. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe Gamma Phi at Alabama did this last year (a national record pledge class) to get closer to chapter total.

In terms of do they take the girl's top pick or the chapter's top pick. it's a computer cross match and they're trying to match as many girls as possible. It's probably some of both but a girl isn't usually pulled from ABC (her #1 house) just because she was high on DEF's list and they need more girls. If girls can be placed in their top choice, that's ideal. Some of these might even be snap bids.

Am I helping at all?
Yes you are thanks so much as for bid matchin i understand the cross matching system, however if you don't match into quota (making you a quota additon even though you would know you were) would you go to your top sorority or the sorority you were the girl right below the quota cut off?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't understand how the pairings occur. I do recall from reading an old post that Theta had 25 COB's last year, I believe. I understood that was because they had just re-established the chapter and therefore had less total members than most of the other groups.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I have seen in years past where quota additions have gone to houses that easily made quota just to place as many girls as possible--meaning yes, the girl was one or two below cutoff (a handful, not 20). Which explains if quota was 50 and the class was 52-ish. My experience is that QAs are a big mixture of girls who wanted/ were willing to go to that sorority after pref, or decided to take a bid over nothing or wanted it all along. It's something panhellenic uses to make happy PNMs and happy chapters. This also explains why some chapters take a lot more girls on pref or skit than other chapters that are already close to chapter total.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Many times, chapters with many QAs also had larger numbers of girls at their pref parties because their return numbers are lower so they aren't required to release as many PNMs as chapters with higher return numbers. They subsequently will have more women leftover on their list once quota is filled allowing them more QAs than other chapters. QAs generally go to their first choices. Sometimes QAs are really snap bids, though, and you just don't know it. That was likely the reason behind the 90+ pledge class for Gamma Phi at Bama last year which was a great boon for that chapter. Hopefully they all stayed and made the chapter their own.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-15-2010, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryGPhiB View Post
Hi all - I just spoke to Suzie's mom as they were walking into the chapter house. I'm excited to tell you that Suzie is a ......

. New Orleans SAINT....... also known as.....

Alpha Omicron Pi!!!!!

Congratulations to Suzie and all of the other PNMs today ( now new members)
Yeaahhh!!!! So happy to call Suzie my sister!!! Alpha love!

Congrats to Stephanie on Delta Zeta and AuburnDad's daughter on Kappa Alpha Theta!

Last edited by mittens; 08-15-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Excited to share that after quite the week of rush, I am a new Alpha Omicron Pi!

(It's just really now starting to sink in - weird!)