GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 893
1 members and 892 guests
John

Old 09-24-2008, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippiechick View Post
Hello? There is a delete function used by the mods. Do you think they're gonna let those posts stay up? He posts -- they delete -- he gets re-banned. (Man, I just realized Mystic posted the same thing before I posted. Damn it, Sensuret's gonna have to give me therapy for my GCR.)

Yes, seriously. You've heard of the crazies on GC that take things to real life? Earp was one of the first to cause problems for someone on this site -- in real life. He likes to post jokes on here that are racist and sexist, too.

Yes, we that have seen him in action have long memories. And, those that he has caused problems for offline have long memories, too. So, yes. You've likely seen the posts where he has been called on the carpet. But, only the unlucky have seen his lecherous posts.
I've seen quite a few posts from other members that mods have left up that I don't think should have been left up. But maybe what's offensive to me may not be to some other members.

WHAT????!!!! at the real life stuff. Wait a minute. Guys, please don't call me names for asking this. I think this is a reasonable question, but there are members on here who have taken or wanted to take offensive posts to real life??? Seriously! Tom tried that???!!! Ya know, there are SO many angry people on this message board. I mean, it's not that serious. Seriously. Of course we all have taken offense to some of the name calling on here, I know I have, but to get that upset to want to take it to real life is just sick.

But anyway, Tippiechick and MysticCat, thanks for telling me this. I just feel so naive and gullible.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, as Tippiechick and MysticCat said, the posts get deleted. For that same reason, it's not wise for people to repost their content, as the reposts will likely get deleted too. Shortly after his most recent ban there was a thread up that repeated some of the things he had said, speculating that they were the cause of the ban. That thread was deleted shortly thereafter. This thread is heading that direction, too, I'll bet.

I used to want to think that he was being picked on for no reason, I really did. His actions have proven to me time and again that I was an idiot to have ever held that belief.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbear19 View Post
I used to want to think that he was being picked on for no reason, I really did. His actions have proven to me time and again that I was an idiot to have ever held that belief.
You and me both. I don't feel so bad then.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024