Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,347
2 members and 1,345 guests
amIblue?

Old 06-05-2008, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Damn! I forgot to ask about ISU. You can read all about them on their alumni site: http://www.sigmanuisu.org/re-establi...ablishment.htm

They have a great alumni group.

I asked about Texas and he wasn't really sure. He said technically they still have their charter, but has no idea how they are operating as they have no house and no members (last I heard). I'll bug him for an update. He did say there were hopes to get a BIG push with their alumni this grand chapter and see if they can get everyone on the same page down there.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi boys!!

So my boyfriend is going to grand chapter hes EC now!! I'm soo proud. I hope all of you have a great time
Old 06-14-2008, 05:39 AM
wreckingcrew

One of my best friends was a SNu at Texas. I'll shoot him a message and see if he has any info on it.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Would anyone mind doing a blog sort of thing here on Grand Chapter? Let us know how everything's going?

I'll be glad to sticky it. Be sure to tell about all your good times, etc. (so long as everything you do is legal and per RM, we don't want to get anyone in trouble).

I figure having an account here of how great an experience these things are up here would maybe help persuade a few people to go to the next one wherever that'll be.

-- I'll do my best to get out there as I doubt I'll have an excuse the next time 'round.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-22-2008, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZK761 Send a message via MSN to ZK761 Send a message via Yahoo to ZK761
I like that idea. Everyone who goes should post something each day as to to different perspectives on how it is. I'm down to post a "blog" each day I'm there
Old 06-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZK761 View Post
I like that idea. Everyone who goes should post something each day as to to different perspectives on how it is. I'm down to post a "blog" each day I'm there
I'll sticky them to the top of the forum for awhile.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZK761 Send a message via MSN to ZK761 Send a message via Yahoo to ZK761
What day (if any of you guys are going) are you arriving, an does anyone else have to be on a committee. I got an email a while back saying that I'm part of the finance committee for Grand Chapter, so we'll see how that goes
Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I will be arriving on Saturday because I am not an alumni and can't play in the golf tourney . But I am looking forward to Grand Chapter I am anxious because this is my first one!!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Where is everything taking place at? Is anything happening on the UT campus?
Old 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Everything is taking place at the Hilton on Fourth Street, right smack in the middle of everything.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I am going to Sixth street while I am up there because of the legend, and second because one of my chapter brothers turns 21 while we are at Grand Chapter!
Old 07-13-2008, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

updates?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

63rd Grand Chapter Update

63rd Grand Chapter Update

So not much has been going on in Austin, today was the first official day of business with the opening ceremonies, state of the fraternity report, and the opening of ritual (which by the way I love doing ritual in my own chapter, but when you do it with over 600 brothers from all over, it’s nothing short of amazing. It’s been definitely one of the highlights of my trip so far). The business sessions were exactly what you think they would be, long and long. Everything started at 9 and was suppose to run till 5pm, sure enough, it ran close to an hour over schedule, and ended at around 6:30 or so. Thought most brothers were done for the day, unless they wanted to go to some of the information session, I had to go and be on the Finance committee for Grand Chapter. So what was supposed to be a 9-5 or 6:30 day for most people, for me it was a 9 - 10:30/11. Most of the brothers usually hit up 6th street which is where most of the bars are at (actually all of the bars). The most popular bar seems to be one called Sapphire. Most of the bartenders there are Sigma Nu’s from Texas and it’s owned by a Sigma Nu, so sure enough you walked in there Friday and Saturday and that place was bombarded by brothers. The bartenders there would hook it up with free drinks and shots all night. Most places there had $2 any drinks, and let me tell you my money has never gotten me as a far as it has these days.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Well here is another update on today. Not much to report, today was business as usual and some awards were given out. Some of the awards given out today were all the academic awards and the 25% increase awards. Wish I would have written down all the winners to report them on here but that didn’t hit me till after everything was done. What I can report is on the LEAD awards (for my chapter at least). Once again Zeta Kappa swept the LEAD awards winning 9 of 10 awards. We won:

Excellence in Phase 1, 3, 4, All Chapter (we have no idea what happened on phase 2)
Lead Chairman of the Year – Daniel Robbins
Lead Committee of the Year
Innovative Lead Program
Collegiate Lead Facilitator of the Year – Enrique Rodriguez
Alumni Lead Facilitator of the Year
It was great to see all our hard work paid off in the end. After the business session was over we were bombarded by other chapter asking how we implement our lead program and how we run things. We always enjoy telling other chapters what we do in order to help other chapters to successfully implement LEAD in their chapter. Well tomorrow is the last day and hopefully I’ll have another report with more information
Old 07-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

ZK, in my recollection, always does well.

I thought awards were tonight???

I'm really hoping MT at least gets Rock HM again.

If you see any MT guys, tell 'em I said hello.