GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,005
0 members and 1,005 guests
No Members online

Old 02-16-2001, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl:
My only survivor 2 comment...

I cannot wait for Tina's happy butt to get booted off this show. Her voice absolutely drives me nuts.
Hahahahaha, yeah she's not too intelligent either. I can't see any reason for someone not kicking her off.
Old 02-16-2001, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine:
Did you honestly think that they were only going to use the chicken for eggs? You got 6 starving people out there--and they weren't going to limit themselves to just eggs! And I don't think that there's anything selfish about trying to feed yourself.

YES!!! I honestly thought they would eat eggs. I thought that's why they had the rooster with the 3 hens--to produce lots of eggs to cook! Seriously!!! I think that's especially why I was so upset when I realized they were going to kill them.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Nothin against Kimmy's views but she knew beforehand that she would probably be eating meat/and or bugs."

I still don't think Kimmi should have to change to be a contestant on a show. If I remember correctly (and I'm not sure if I do...) they didn't eat any bugs on Survivor I. So why should she expect to eat them there? Just a rhetorical question---no one needs to answer

I have survived about 8 years without meat. I'm doing fine and don't have to take any vitamin supplements or anything. That is why I said they were "selfish" to have to kill the poor chicken just to eat a little piece of it. It just seems to be a waste. Again....just a personal opinion. It IS possible to live your whole life without meat.

Old 02-17-2001, 12:15 AM

I can't see the chickens producing any eggs in a small, confined area. Also, i'm sure they would eat the chickens before they merged with Olgakor because they don't want any of them eating their food.

What I said about Kimmy came out wrong. I meant to say that she must have seen from the last show that there weren't many fruits & vegetables to eat. Knowing this, she would be at a disadvantage because she would be eating less than everyone she's competing against. She definitely has strong character and values, but if she continues to press her beliefs on the others she'll be the next to go.
Old 02-17-2001, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay - let me just say that I am not trying to push my vegetarianism on others (but no I do not eat meat because of the "modern" slaughterhouses) --- I just think that meat eater or not, there is no place on national tv to be showing them killing things. We have enough violence in society today -- do we really need this?

And its not really for survival (why is spinning a wheel with gross things to eat considered surviving?) -- like I said, drop them all in the water totally "nekid" and let them REALLY have to survive. Its just a sick game show. There is a reason those "Faces of Death" movies have been banned.

So I am not saying "Let's all be vegetarians and commune with nature" -- that's not me at all (I even buy and cook meat for my family - I just don't choose to eat it). I just don't think they need to be showing it on TV. I have never watched the show and I have no idea who or what is on it (but I have heard that Kimmie or whatever is giving vegetarians a bad name) -- I just know that when I hear the radio personality in the morning (who normally doesn't shudder at anything) shuddering at the thought of what they did to a pig on national tv, it must be bad.

I am not "judging" these people -- they are willing to do anything for a buck...I am judging the tv show for allowing it to go this far for the sake of ratings.
Old 02-17-2001, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Now that I've read your guys reviews from last weeks epsiode I dont feel bad I missed it.

I'm definitely a meat and potatoes kind of guy. I dont think I would be strong enough to loyally stick to a vegetable diet. I'm not sure either if I would of killed a chicken or not in their situation. I guess it would depend on the options. Then again its Hollywood. I guess they could of ate grass

[This message has been edited by Miami1839 (edited February 17, 2001).]
Old 02-19-2001, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't been able to watch the show for the last few weeks, since I have class on Thursday nights and I don't want to keep my roommates from using the TV/VCR when I'm not home. But I read up on everything on the official Survivor web site.

It sounds like Mike felt he had something to prove...he had been talking about catching a pig for a couple of weeks now, and I think he was so pumped when he finally caught it that he just had to celebrate. Smearing the blood on his face was his defiant, triumphant gesture. I don't know if I would have felt comfortable watching that though. I'll eat the meat, but I don't want to watch it being killed.

Jerri is hot, but I have to agree that she's a b#%&h. I guess that's the way you have to play the game. She's there to win, not be everyone's friend, same as Rich was. She'll probably make it pretty far, but I don't see her winning. Rodger might have a chance because he's the really nice older guy, but he might get snakebit at the end too. Who can say?
Old 02-19-2001, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a little info.... they did eat bugs in the first show. It was one of the first episodes. Jerich lost it because he couldn't stomach the bugs.

------------------
If your going to go greek, why not be a goddess?
Old 03-02-2001, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

What a major plot twist last night, with Mike burning his hands and having to leave. I think Mike had a good chance of at least making it to the Final Four. If Mike hadn't been injured, he would have been around for the immunity challenge, which Kucha probably would have won.

It was evident by last night that Kucha had the mental and psychological edge over Ogakor. The people in Ogakor were all depressed because they kept losing, and were doing a lot of bickering among themselves. So if they had lost the immunity challenge, I think Jerri would have gotten the boot. Colby was getting sick of her, Keith obviously dislikes her, and Tina probably would have sided with Keith. So honestly, I think Jerri is darn lucky that Mike got hurt. She dodged a bullet big time. Now with the tribes merging, who knows what can happen?!
Old 03-02-2001, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alumnus who cares:
What a major plot twist last night, with Mike burning his hands and having to leave. I think Mike had a good chance of at least making it to the Final Four. If Mike hadn't been injured, he would have been around for the immunity challenge, which Kucha probably would have won.

It was evident by last night that Kucha had the mental and psychological edge over Ogakor. The people in Ogakor were all depressed because they kept losing, and were doing a lot of bickering among themselves. So if they had lost the immunity challenge, I think Jerri would have gotten the boot. Colby was getting sick of her, Keith obviously dislikes her, and Tina probably would have sided with Keith. So honestly, I think Jerri is darn lucky that Mike got hurt. She dodged a bullet big time. Now with the tribes merging, who knows what can happen?!
I was disappointed when Mike burned his hands, he was my pick to go all the way. He was the most capable of winning, and in my opinion was the strongest member in kucha.
Kucha would have definitely won the immunity challenge - they were in strong spirits and were eating much better than Olgakor. It would have been 6-4 but now it's 5-5 which may have started two voting blocks.
My vote now is on Colby, if he goes down early, then this season is gonna suck like the last one.
Old 03-03-2001, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

I was really sad to see Mike leave. He was my favorite on the show, just becasue he was so crazy. He said he'd get them a pig and he did. He was just crazy enough to make his plans work. (Yes the gore and blood was a bit much, but that's why they call the show Survivor, not Dennys) He was my pick for winner.

I also liked him because his profile listed him as a Parrothead (Jimmy Buffett fan) and hey, us Parrotheads gotta stick together

I think that Amber and Elisabeth are going to battle it out for the "quiet cutie" spot in the final few - the spot held by Colleen last season. There isn't room for both of them. Rodger (who I also love) is this season's counterpart to Rudy, except a little less curmudgeony. He'll probably be around for awhile. I think Jerri got too coniving too soon, and thus she'll get the boot early on.
Old 03-04-2001, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Obviously it's hard to pick who might be the winner right now. So who does everyone think is going to be in the "Final Four"? That's a tough one too. Now that the tribes have merged, it's really hard to predict who will get voted off next, because people will no longer vote for someone because they are bringing their team down or because they lost the last immunity challenge.

So if I had to make picks, I would say Colby, Alicia, Nick, and Jeff.
Old 03-05-2001, 04:31 AM
GreekChat Member

ugh!!!! don't get me started on amber... her jerry butt kissing drives me up a wall.. though their little ode to chocolate and "MEATBALL SUBS" did make me chuckle last week i like elisabeth and rodger, they're so sweet to each other!
Old 03-05-2001, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by juniorgrrl:
(Yes the gore and blood was a bit much, but that's why they call the show Survivor, not Dennys)
The show isn't called "Medical Emergency to the Rescue" either --- if it were a true "survivor" show, then the man would be in trouble, huh? I personally like the Eco-Challenge they show on Animal Planet, and a couple of other channels when it is repeated. Those people TRULY have to work for the prize -- and if someone gets hurt and they have to call for assistance -- too bad - the whole team loses. Now that is REAL teamwork with none of the sappy soap opera stuff worked in. This show is so fake - they are given food and water each day and are supposed to add in as much drama as possible -- otherwise you end up with a boring show like Temptation Island where everyone stayed together.

The only thing I cannot figure out is how they keep the results so secret -- yeah I know they sign contracts -- but people would spill if the money were enough!
Old 03-05-2001, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

The terms of the contract are what keeps people silent. Revealing anything before the end of the show is grounds for either a lawsuit or a fine, or both. Spilling the beans could cost these people lots of money - I think a couple hundred thousand.
Old 03-05-2001, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
I heard something like $500,000 or $5,000,000 fine if you tell. Either way it's worth your while to keep mum.
I just love Rodger. Not only is he super sweet, but he's so smart. Who else knew how to clean & cut the fish, pig, and chicken? Who knew that you could eat chicken feed? Who knows how to build a house? He is too handy. I hope he wins.
Heidi