» Online Users: 1,595
4 members and 1,591 guests
chi-o_cat, UVASquirrel, willTic, Zach
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
There are some things that PNAMs have posted that had me thinking OMGWTF I can't believe this person posted that; or wow, that's really inappropriate or Too Much Information.
The thing is, we have INITIATED MEMBERS posting on GC that do this as well.

-----

I get the impression that someone thinks one of the current PNAIs is crazy, full of crap, not worthy of being an NPC member, or something to that effect. I pretty much thought all of this fuss before was over mshoole. Who is it that is a fraud this time around?
Old 07-25-2006, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXiD670
The thing is, we have INITIATED MEMBERS posting on GC that do this as well.

-----

I get the impression that someone thinks one of the current PNAIs is crazy, full of crap, not worthy of being an NPC member, or something to that effect. I pretty much thought all of this fuss before was over mshoole. Who is it that is a fraud this time around?
out of respect to the PNAMs could that be taken to PM?

If someone's not worthy of joining a sorority, they won't be accepted into one. Someone's online life doesn't reflect all of their real life attributes.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille
out of respect to the PNAMs could that be taken to PM?

If someone's not worthy of joining a sorority, they won't be accepted into one. Someone's online life doesn't reflect all of their real life attributes.
They could be. People on GC have gone to bat for PNAMs before - and in some cases, it's worked out great. In others, not so much.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Someone's online life doesn't reflect all of their real life attributes.
Yes, but it does reflect some part of them. That idea seems to be getting lost with some of them. Whether they realize it or not, their actions are noticed by those of us already in GLOs and a lot of us have the ability to share our opinions freely with other women in our group.

And we are usually listened to.

If you have approached someone on GC for help getting into a group that you want, you should realize that that person is going to be looking to see if you have the qualities required before she puts her reputation on the line helping you.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, just like if you ask someone to write a rec they could check the "I do not recommend this woman" box.

That has nothing to do with the quality of the AI forum. If you object to a PNAM attempting to AI your sorority protest all you want. But the forum isn't broken, it seems much like the Rush forum and seems to work well.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

What does affect the quality is when people are encouraged to seek out members, encouraged to do things with XYZ by someone from ABC, directed to do things 'this way' when it may be the most damaging way.

Certain members have encouraged people to share way too much information - how many groups they contact, when they meet them, what they do once they meet them etc. Sharing this can (and has) damaged people's chances at AI...and the PNAMs can only be blamed so much, because for the most part it's current sorority members who are encouraging them to do things that are potentially damaging to their search.

I think an NPC knowledgeable moderator with AI experience (whether it be an AI or an officer etc), would be able to better direct the forum so that things like that don't have the potential to harm someone's chances.

This *isn't* the rush forum. It's not a bunch of 18 year olds excited about college - it's about grown women searching for sisterhood, and things are different from Rush, the atmosphere is completely different, therefore the forum should be run differently as well. We need someone to assist in doing that properly.

What is so wrong with wanting someone knowledgeable and discrete to help lead the forum? I think everyone would think it was beneficial to add a mod.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Except everyone doesn't. What's a mod going to do that someone else can't do already? If I say do X, Y and Q. The mod's going to come in and say.. NOOO don't do Q. Same thing happens now with me saying X, Y and Q and maryQposter saying Q is a bad idea. The mod shouldn't delete posts etc. Plenty of people watch over this forum... why does it need to be a mod? As Earp posted in the other forum, he's recommended people, but this argument became more than "just wanting a mod"

These are a bunch of adult women from 23 up who are interested in sisterhood, yes. But they also like to do cheers etc.

It seems that posting on here has helped more women than it's hurt.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Couldn't edit for some reason sooo:

We don't need someone to "Lead" the forum. None of the other mods "lead" and they shouldn't here. Heck if any forum would need the leader it would be the 18 year olds going to college one.

AIs don't need a moderator Rho Chi
Old 07-25-2006, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yeah, just like if you ask someone to write a rec they could check the "I do not recommend this woman" box.

That has nothing to do with the quality of the AI forum. If you object to a PNAM attempting to AI your sorority protest all you want. But the forum isn't broken, it seems much like the Rush forum and seems to work well.
Thank You. There is nothing wrong with AI as a sub forum of Alum Thread except for a few who want to disrupt it.

AI as a Sub Forum was added at the request of by many of the same people who are protesting it today.

It seems as had been said for only one reason and has been so said

If this forum becomes the same as the other, I will lock it.

AI is a forum/thread that is to aid those who are looking to AI, not belittle them or make snide remarks!

It is need as has been seen by so many great ladys who have been Initiated within the bond of GLOs.

All one has to do is look around and see!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-25-2006, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp
AI as a Sub Forum was added at the request of by many of the same people who are protesting it today.
Yes, because it has turned into something we'd rather not be associated with. Which is really sad.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesrising
Yes, because it has turned into something we'd rather not be associated with. Which is really sad.

I could not agree with You More!

But, the main thing is Women/Men who are intersted in attaining this staus as You and others have done!

Not what is a problem on here!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-25-2006, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp
Thank You. There is nothing wrong with AI as a sub forum of Alum Thread except for a few who want to disrupt it.

It seems as had been said for only one reason and has been so said

If this forum becomes the same as the other, I will lock it.

AI is a forum/thread that is to aid those who are looking to AI, not belittle them or make snide remarks!

It is need as has been seen by so many great ladys who have been Initiated within the bond of GLOs.

All one has to do is look around and see!
Honestly you should go ahead and lock, it's off topic and I don't want the morning people to pick this back up again.

If you don't want to be on the AI thread, then don't. Those of us there now seem to be doing just fine
Old 07-25-2006, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

If a forum where you pretend to be corn is what you want, then go right ahead and have it lol.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If a forum where you pretend to be corn is what you want, then go right ahead and have it lol.
Lol well actually i'm being the farmer.

There's a lot of downtime in AI and I'm THRILLED that they're filling it by not getting disheartened...
Old 07-25-2006, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am not really sure what that post was about?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Closed Thread