Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,525
1 members and 1,524 guests
John

Old 04-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ISUKappa It's also affecting older adults (late 40s on up) who never had the vaccine.
LOL, most of us had the mumps back in the day because there wasn't any vaccine! Ditto for measles and chicken pox!

But I'm PO'ed about the chicken pox vaccine. My younger 7 kids had it and every one of them got the chicken pox anyway. The doctor said, "Oh well, they had a lighter case than they would have if they hadn't had the vaccine." How does HE know? I thought it was fully as bad as the cases of the older 6.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Its interesting how some colleges don't require a booster for MMR. I didn't need one when I went to college in Minnesota, but I did when I moved to GA for grad school.

Glad I got it.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jubilance1922
Its interesting how some colleges don't require a booster for MMR. I didn't need one when I went to college in Minnesota, but I did when I moved to GA for grad school.

Glad I got it.
We were just talking about this in my virology class on Friday. The prof was saying that the reason that certain states in the midwest are having problems with mumps is because those states don't require proof of immunizations for college. The prof was saying that he thinks it's unlikely that we would have an outbreak at Penn State because pennsylvania requires proof of immunizations before freshmen can move into the dorms. Though, our prof still warned us that we shouldn't share cups at parties.

PSimissU
Old 04-25-2006, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
Statler and Waldorf were HILARIOUS!
They review new movies here: http://movies.go.com/muppets/index
Old 04-25-2006, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:
Originally posted by SOPi_Jawbreaker
We were just talking about this in my virology class on Friday. The prof was saying that the reason that certain states in the midwest are having problems with mumps is because those states don't require proof of immunizations for college. The prof was saying that he thinks it's unlikely that we would have an outbreak at Penn State because pennsylvania requires proof of immunizations before freshmen can move into the dorms. Though, our prof still warned us that we shouldn't share cups at parties.
The Univ. of Minnesota just required us to fill out a form and sign it, but they didn't ask to see my immunization record from my doctor, so I guess I could have cheated if I wanted to.

GA was not playing that, I had get my mom to leave work, go home, fax it over, and I STILL needed a 2nd MMR....
Old 04-25-2006, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb
They review new movies here: http://movies.go.com/muppets/index
Now see, why did you have to show me this? LOL
Old 04-25-2006, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Dont YOu just Love how vacinations are no longer useful.

Eraticated Dieases are making come backs?

Mumps, Measles, Polio for a few.

Maybe it is a way for Populations to be deleted?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-01-2006, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally posted by Optimist Prime
The Muppets need a comeback. I like the bell hop rats and the cranky old guys in the balcony
Blah. I hated the muppets. Thank goodness they're gone! Well basically gone.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KDAngel
Blah. I hated the muppets. Thank goodness they're gone! Well basically gone.
Even Animal?
Old 05-01-2006, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
LOL, most of us had the mumps back in the day because there wasn't any vaccine! Ditto for measles and chicken pox!

But I'm PO'ed about the chicken pox vaccine. My younger 7 kids had it and every one of them got the chicken pox anyway. The doctor said, "Oh well, they had a lighter case than they would have if they hadn't had the vaccine." How does HE know? I thought it was fully as bad as the cases of the older 6.
I feel your frustration....

Daugher #1 had chicken pox THREE times. Dr confirmed each time. No shot...why bother?

Daughter #2 had chicken pox twice. No shot.

Sons all had it once. No shot.

Grandson #1 get BAD chicken pox case. BAD BAD case. He had the shot. Dr said "oh my god, if he hadn't had the shot, he would have had to be hospitalized" (poor poor baby...his mommy is the one who had them 3 times)

Son #3 got the measles FROM the shot. Dr. confirmed. State health dept went NUTS because "it can't happen, just a rash secondary to the shot". Appropriate amount of time for exposure, Mr. Sageofages breaks out with the measles. Had been traveling in western part of state (which had some cases lending to potential exposure). Health dept sent note home to families in school saying "sympathetic rash..NOT measles" Dr just shook her head and said "idiots". Apparently fed $$ on the line if anymore cases reported.

Son #1 gets mumps from recent out break. Light case (he had the shot). Dumber dr says "no way". Son says "the newspaper lists XX symptoms" Dr bites his head off "I am a dr, they are just journalist". Next day State Epidemologist goes on TV and lists EXACT symptoms of son #1. Mom suggests a "tried and true" way of testing for mumps "eat a pickle...it will be *painful*". Yup. Satisfied me, it is the mumps.

A supervisor of mine lost a daughter when she was 6 to a vaccine reaction... you just never can be sure.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally posted by Optimist Prime
Even Animal?
Oh no, I liked animal. And I liked the cartoon (well for a while), I just didn't like the real things. They creeped me out for a long time, and then just annoyed. Ironically, I LOVED Fraggle Rock though, cause it was kinda the same type thing.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KDAngel
Oh no, I liked animal. And I liked the cartoon (well for a while), I just didn't like the real things. They creeped me out for a long time, and then just annoyed. Ironically, I LOVED Fraggle Rock though, cause it was kinda the same type thing.
Fraggle rock was the best. Remember those green things that built things out of plastic and then the giant would come and eat them? That was great.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Doozers!!!

Dance your cares away *clap clap*
Worries for another day
Let the music play.
Down in Fraggle Rock!
Old 05-08-2006, 07:37 AM
GreekChat Member

WTH? Here in Kansas, we now have a meales outbreak. Great.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
WTH? Here in Kansas, we now have a meales outbreak. Great.
I tole you!!! Those 2 travel in packs... Always... If there's mumps, there's measles. I don't know why, but that's what I was always taught...

Like Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) travels with Herpes Simplex II... Which increases one's risk of getting infected with HIV...

Well, relatively speaking, good thing it's turning into summer, maybe... Y'all could have menningitis on the rise, too... And this is the viral kind, not the bacterial kind... But I think it happens when it's cold...

However during the heat, you have other wonderful opportunistic infections... Like all the little things that mosquitoes carry, nasty little bugs... And bacteria love to grow in the heat. Just make sure there is no standing water around your house...

Where I am we have a Norwalk Virus problem...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana