Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,166
0 members and 1,166 guests
No Members online

Old 03-21-2006, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSig RC
Here's the thing, though - I can see where you're coming from here. I just don't think it's at all related to unemployment.

There are literally dozens of areas you've made valid points, but using unemployment statistics really isn't one of them, from my end.

I do feel for teachers, in many ways - while many people are forced to pay for continuing education (attorneys pay out the ass for CLE, often) to stay certified, many make more than teachers. I'm not sure I know the solution, though - it's obviously partly supply and demand . . . around here, the 'better' teaching jobs often get hundreds of applicants for a single position. It's also difficult to say where the money should come from - is it the Federal Gov't's job to pay teachers, who are not Federal employees? I don't really know . . . I'm fairly sure, though, that you can't just take the dollars going to Iraq and give them to teachers - but perhaps I'm wrong.

So yeah - I feel where you're coming from, but I don't have any clue where to even start. Any suggestions?
mini-hijack on education...

I kind of feel that the federal government should pay teachers. I say this because NCLB is a federal law that they are making us adhere to. (And I hate NCLB btw). The problem is that the federal government gives the money to the states and it seems like they really aren't "checking" to make sure the money is spent properly. The thing is I live and work in AZ. We are number 50 when it comes to teacher pay, per child spending and anything else having to do with education.

I wish they could take the money for the war and give it to teachers. I mean the way I see it who is educating those "future soldiers" or "future presidents" or "future million dollar basketball, baseball players", I am. Yet, I can barely afford to live. I had to sell my house because I couldn't afford to live in it because my salary is so crappy. Not that this has anything to do with the war, I'm just saying.

I wish I knew a solution. I don't though.

CLE: continuing legal education? Man do I even want to apply to law school now?

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-21-2006, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Right HiJack.

Not for this threqad!

On a word or several. Make a glass table top out of that area and be gone first!

They Preach one thing and do another!

Tired of this crap. They dont seem to care, why should We?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-22-2006, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Tom Earp is Right!
Old 03-22-2006, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

For the life of me I don't understand how they got this thing so wrong....Iraq was never a threat to America....and what is really sad is that in the end we will cut and run.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes.....obvioulsy you have no understanding of what is going on...there is much more that goes into it than just threats.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by macallan25
Yes.....obvioulsy you have no understanding of what is going on...there is much more that goes into it than just threats.
I'm always interested in being enlightened -- why don't you explain it to those of us who "obviously have no understanding of what's going on?"

I've been around quite a while and feel that the older I get, the less sure I am of anything.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by macallan25

Interesting.....could you please explain that statement.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Coramoor
Hasn't it been proved a thousand ways from Sunday that throwing MORE money into the Dept. ED and teacher's pay is NOT improving our schools the slightest?

Obviously that isn't the answer.

I think that it's the teachers themselves. I know quite a few people that are going through the teaching program....and there is no way in HELL I want my kids at the same freaking school as them. They are complete and utter fuck ups that pick a field that they know is safe and can get a job in.

In other words more often than not it is the people that can't do anything else that go into teaching. For everyone one truely outstanding teacher you have 5 that don't understand physics, calculas, or any other subject to any depth.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

So, what does American Education have to with the War In Iraq?

The problem with Iraq is the Iraqies who cannot make up thier Ninds on a Government that is run By The People, not Sects of a Religions Faction.

They want power to over lord those that do not agree with them and therefore, there is infighting among each Faction. The Normal Citizen if We can call them that have no damn clue and only follow the Mullahs who preach to them and dictate to them.

They are to afraid to turn in the Insurgents who kill them, thier Wives, and Children.

As was said by an in the know Military Adviser, at least when Sadamit Hussain was in power, He could be controlled.

Now, it is asswhole and elbows!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-03-2006, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Coramoor

I think that it's the teachers themselves. I know quite a few people that are going through the teaching program....and there is no way in HELL I want my kids at the same freaking school as them. They are complete and utter fuck ups that pick a field that they know is safe and can get a job in.

In other words more often than not it is the people that can't do anything else that go into teaching. For everyone one truely outstanding teacher you have 5 that don't understand physics, calculas, or any other subject to any depth.
I agree completely.

Without making a total hijack, even though the reasons for getting into the war may not have been totally clear to most Americans, we should not pull out. I feel as if, despite all the reading I've done about the war, I can't pick a side about this war. Yeah, war is hell, but I think we were the only ones who could have had even a shot at getting Saddam out of there.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Munchkin03
I agree completely.

Without making a total hijack, even though the reasons for getting into the war may not have been totally clear to most Americans, we should not pull out. I feel as if, despite all the reading I've done about the war, I can't pick a side about this war. Yeah, war is hell, but I think we were the only ones who could have had even a shot at getting Saddam out of there.

With all the real bad guys out there....I quess I can't see the real importance of removing Saddam.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AXEAM
With all the real bad guys out there....I quess I can't see the real importance of removing Saddam.
So Saddam is a good guy since he's not a real bad guy? And who could we have removed? Kim Jong Ill? Highly doubt it. The president of Iran? Again, sounds doubtable. That leaves Canada.

-Rudey
Old 04-03-2006, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RACooper
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
So Saddam is a good guy since he's not a real bad guy? And who could we have removed? Kim Jong Ill? Highly doubt it. The president of Iran? Again, sounds doubtable. That leaves Canada.

-Rudey
Again with the shots on Canada

But back to Iraq - really it's not that much of a surprise... kinda predicted way back before the war really...

"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Old 04-03-2006, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey

-Rudey
That is why this war disturds me b/c in a sense it's like the powers that be said the leaders of N.K and Iran are too hard to handle so let's get our old whipping boy Saddam. I've said this b/f and I'll say it again everyone knows that Iran is and has always been the biggest threat in the Middle East.

Last edited by AXEAM; 04-03-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AXEAM
See Rudy that's why this war disturds me b/c in a sense it's like the powers that be said the leaders of N.K and Iran are too hard to handle so let's get our old whipping boy Saddam. I've said this b/f and I'll say it again everyone knows that Iran is and has always been the biggest threat in the Middle East.
Who would support that war? The Europeans? They don't want any war that would harm their business interests and the Russians were busy providing intelligence to Iraqi forces on the US. The Chinese? They'd rape their mothers for 5 yuan and a little more global influence.

And I have no idea what happened to all those weapons that Saddam used to have but what happens if we did go to Iran and there were no weapons?

I guess we gotta start somewhere and we started with Iraq. But someone decided the US needed to give charity and fix the country after we toppled the government and now we're paying too much. I'd support a war in Iran only if our men didn't go in.

-Rudey