GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,425
0 members and 1,425 guests
No Members online

Old 10-05-2005, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I know you're freaked out--this is a really hard thing to deal with! You are doing the right thing by remaining vigilant--but understand that it does take time, possibly a few days, for an investgation to get started sometimes. Depending on the group, they may have to locate someone who is trained to conduct such an investigation, or they may be asking questions of the campus themselves. Hang in there and be a little patient--I am certain that the NPC will act on it given the liability issues they would face if they did not.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gpb1874
this is so heartbreaking! i totally agree that your sister needs to get some foolproof evidence....a tape recording, pictures, whatever. it is really hard to prove things. if the campus is so against de-pledgers, it is probably going to be really hard to get others to come forward.

i hope your sister comes through this OK. please keep us updated!
Old 10-07-2005, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Any updates?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

my 2 cents, a little late...

call the greek life advisor or the campus security. last year, my alma mater's campus security received anon. calls reported alleged hazing at a sorority (didn't even name which one) and all of the houses were investigated by the college and nationals. it didn't take very long once the greek advisor called the headquarters of all of the groups. there was also another call directly to the greek advisor by a parent complaining about the amount of time his son was expected to be doing pledge activities and the time of night they were occuring. the ga called their national office and someone came out by the end of the week.

i really hope your sister is ok!!
Old 10-11-2005, 02:25 PM
PoohsHoneyBee

well, i'm glad she is out of that situation, it's sad to think that the ten or so girls remaining, will probably end up sticking it out... then be like the girls who haze them later on... if not worse.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PureGoldF2K1
I just heard that nearly every sorority on campus had someone file a complaint and they all got in some sort of trouble. Apparently things are about to change BIG TIME there!
Old 10-24-2005, 06:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PureGoldF2K1
I just heard that nearly every sorority on campus had someone file a complaint and they all got in some sort of trouble. Apparently things are about to change BIG TIME there!
Oh that is good news!!!! I had my suspicions that this was probably not the only group on campus participating in this kind of behavior. Hopefully some good will come out of this for all the organizations............
Old 11-26-2005, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

*BUMP*

Any updates on what happened with this group on your sister's campus?
Old 01-12-2007, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PureGoldF2K1
Checking in...a year later..

Well, I haven't been on GC since November of 2005, but if anyone remembers this thread, here's a very anti-climactic update. My sister quit and as predicted, left school at the end of the semester. They didn't know it was because of her that they got in trouble, but she de-pledged nonetheless, and that is apparently unforgiveable on that campus. The sorority was forced to initiate all of their new members immediately, but as far as my sister has heard, thats all that happened and things are carrying on as normal. Which sucks for Greek Life in general.

My sister still feels incredibly hurt and betrayed by what these girls who claimed to love her did and she hasn't been exactly the same since. I still can't believe this happens.