GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,332
0 members and 1,332 guests
No Members online

Old 01-08-2005, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Uncle Rico stuck in 1982. Actually pretty much every main character in the movie stuck in that era.

Napoleon's grandmothe rpronouncing kay suh dilla

Kip being flippin 32.

Napoleon's just jealous cos Kip talks to hot babes on the internet all day.

(Remember making those keychains?)

If you vote for Pedro, your wildest dreams will come true.

The poofy sleeves with Cyndi Lauper playing in the background.

The killing of the cow.

WHY did Napoleon know there was bleach in the milk?

LAFAWNDAH!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2005, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
Quote:
Originally posted by ShaedyKD

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
Deb: What's a liger?
Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.
This is my favorite!

I agree that you have to see it at least twice to fully appreciate the humor. My boyfriend saw it for the first time and thought it was funny, but didn't really get it. It's been about a week since he's seen it and he wants to see it again because he'll randomly remember great parts like:

Deb: And here we have some boondoggle key chains. A must-have for this season's fashion.

Napoleon Dynamite: I already made like infinity of those at scout camp.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought some of the things in this movie were totally random but it was hilarious.

Kip: Your just jealous because I've been chatting with babes on the internet all day

Deb: Is anyone else home? I'm trying to save money for college
Kip: Your mom goes to college
Old 04-20-2005, 05:48 AM
GreekChat Member

The government at work...

The State of Idaho Legislature passed House Concurrent Resolution 29 about Napoleon Dynamite.

Here is just a sample...

"Be It Resolved by the Legislature of the State of Idaho:

WHEREAS, the State of Idaho recognizes the vision, talent and creativity of Jared and Jerusha Hess in the writing and production of "Napoleon Dynamite"; and
WHEREAS, the scenic and beautiful City of Preston, County of Franklin and the State of Idaho are experiencing increased tourism and economic growth; and
WHEREAS, filmmaker Jared Hess is a native Idahoan who was educated in the Idaho public school system; and
WHEREAS, the Preston High School administration and staff, particularly the cafeteria staff, have enjoyed notoriety and worldwide attention; and
WHEREAS, tater tots figure prominently in this film thus promoting Idaho's most famous export; and
WHEREAS, the friendship between Napoleon and Pedro has furthered multiethnic relationships; and
WHEREAS, Uncle Rico's football skills are a testament to Idaho athletics; and
WHEREAS, Napoleon's bicycle and Kip's skateboard promote better air quality and carpooling as alternatives to fuel-dependent methods of transportation; and
WHEREAS, Grandma's trip to the St. Anthony Sand Dunes highlights a long-honored Idaho vacation destination; and
WHEREAS, Rico and Kip's Tupperware sales and Deb's keychains and glamour shots promote entrepreneurism and self-sufficiency in Idaho's small towns; and
WHEREAS, Napoleon's artistic rendition of Trisha is an example of the importance of the visual arts in K-12 education; and
WHEREAS, the schoolwide Preston High School student body elections foster an awareness in Idaho's youth of public service and civic duty; and
WHEREAS, the "Happy Hands" club and the requirement that candidates for school president present a skit is an example of the importance of theater arts in K-12 education; and
WHEREAS, Pedro's efforts to bake a cake for Summer illustrate the positive connection between culinary skills to lifelong relationships; and
WHEREAS, Kip's relationship with LaFawnduh is a tribute to e-commerce and Idaho's technology-driven industry; and
WHEREAS, Kip and LaFawnduh's wedding shows Idaho's commitment to healthy marriages; and
WHEREAS, the prevalence of cooked steak as a primary food group pays tribute to Idaho's beef industry; and
WHEREAS, Napoleon's tetherball dexterity emphasizes the importance of physical education in Idaho public schools; and
WHEREAS, Tina the llama, the chickens with large talons, the 4-milk cows, and the Honeymoon Stallion showcase Idaho's animal husbandry; and
WHEREAS, any members of the House of Representatives or the Senate of the Legislature of the State of Idaho who choose to vote "Nay" on this concurrent resolution are "FREAKIN' IDIOTS!" and run the risk of having the "Worst Day of Their Lives!"

Read the whole thing here...
Old 04-20-2005, 07:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: The government at work...

Quote:
Originally posted by aurora_borealis

WHEREAS, Tina the llama, the chickens with large talons, the 4-milk cows, and the Honeymoon Stallion showcase Idaho's animal husbandry; and[/URL]
The chickens with large talons are hands-down my favorite part of this movie.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I love this movie! You definitely have to have a certain type of sense of humor to like it.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

This movie wasn't that bad, in terms of stupid humor I preferred Dodgeball to this movie but whatever.

What I can't stand however is everyone and their mom quoting it...STILL! It's not funny anymore guys, and it wasn't that funny to begin with anyway so QUIT RIGHT NOW OMGWTFGOFBBQ!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved this movie - it is one of my all time favourites.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
4 out of the 9 fraternities that did Greek Sing skits this last Friday had Napoleon Dynomite references... or that was the entire theme of the performance. I saw two complete "Canned Heat/Vote 4 Pedro" dances and a full on Happy hands routine. Overdone but everyone in the audience still proceeded to laugh.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I just saw this movie for the first time the other weekend. It was so much better than I thought it would be! I was afraid I would be disappointed by it like I was Anchorman (nowhere as funny as everyone made it out to be). I am also tired of everyone quoting it as well.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FAB*SpiceySpice
This movie wasn't that bad, in terms of stupid humor I preferred Dodgeball to this movie but whatever.
There is NO WAY that Dodgeball is better than Napoleon Dynamite. The only thing I really "quote" from Napoleon Dynamite is when he says "Gosh" lol. I looooooooove Napoleon Dynamite!! Woohoo...lol.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Just saw it.

Worst movie ever.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I Loooooved this movie. It was hilarious!!!!
It was so stupid, it was funny.

One of my favorite parts was when kip was demonstrating how tough the plastic bowl was, and he ran over it with the van and it broke and he just drove off LOL!!!! Well Ithought that part was funny.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I
Just saw it.

Worst movie ever.

When I watched it, I kept thinking "This has the potential to get funny...any second now, they're just going to throw a zinger out there, and it will be hilarious"...and then the credits started rolling and I was thinking "WTF?? What just happened?"
Old 08-25-2006, 07:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog
When I watched it, I kept thinking "This has the potential to get funny...any second now, they're just going to throw a zinger out there, and it will be hilarious"...and then the credits started rolling and I was thinking "WTF?? What just happened?"
Ditto.

The only part that made me laugh out loud was during his dance, I noticed that he was wearing snow boots.

That's it.