Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 849
0 members and 849 guests
No Members online

Old 05-24-2004, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Especially in this day and age after 9/11, it would not be beneficial to one's health wishing ill will against the President or any other elected official or candidate under the protection of the Secret Service... lest you get a midnight visit from a pair of trench-coated men (or women) wanting to answer questions at the police station!

I'm of the belief that you should "respect the office, not the person." Considering the way public opinion polls are going, I would not be surprised if The Shrub becomes a one-term chump like his daddy. Unless he makes a major turnaround between now and Election Day. It's all up in the air for now.

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 05-24-2004, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
There are cruel people on both sides. For some reason, politics can bring out the worst in people. Hopefully, those are the people who forget to vote. I wouldn't wish harm to the President or any candidate. I think that they should stay away from bicycles.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AnchorAlum
Nice one Alethia.
LIberal compassion 101.

Please explain what that means, exactly. Do you want him to suffer a serious injury? Die, maybe? Wonderful.
Yes. I do want him to get hurt. I want him to go to a hospital in the inner city with no health insurance and try and get medical attention. I want him to see what his asinine policies are doing to American.

Come get me, AnchorAlum. That is if you aren't scared to come into a neighborhood with black people.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Yes. I do want him to get hurt. I want him to go to a hospital in the inner city with no health insurance and try and get medical attention. I want him to see what his asinine policies are doing to American.

Come get me, AnchorAlum. That is if you aren't scared to come into a neighborhood with black people.
A) While you might live in a neighborhood with black people, you are not hanging out with the neighborhood folk and aren't one of them. Even if you did, at the end of your studies you won't be there. You aren't one of them so you do experience your "neighborhood" quite differently.

B) Bush doesn't run everything in the country. There are 3 branches to government. Should you feel like you need to assign responsibility, blame, or praise take heed.

C) President Bush did propose a healthcare program with prescription benefits.

D) We are not here to pay for everyone's medical bills. You'd like to do that, then walk into the ER of your local hospital and start writing checks. The American healthcare system falls under attack constantly but the Europeans have a system that can't handle the burden and a system that takes 3 months to get your hernia taken care of.

If you want to voice your frustration with certain policies, do it. Don't take it as your opportunity to play politics by using general statements.

-Rudey
--With love
Old 05-24-2004, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

How charming. How daring on a message board full of other college folks who were in GLO's. (Notice I did not say "how intelligent"?) Just keep it real, dog.

Yeah, I'd love to go to an inner city hospital without insurance. I'd get better care than what I now pay $460 a month for out of my own pocket - and I have a $3000 deductible to get it down to that much. But I better not get sick, cause if I actually try to use it I'd probably be cancelled as soon as they could do it.

My property taxes this year fund one of the premier public hospitals in this country, where 80% of the babies are born to mothers without insurance. What do they pay? Nothing.

Now my question to you- what the hell does this have to do with my remarks? Take off on someone else. Did you think I'd fold cause I am female? Don't make me laugh.

And Alethia, I'll cut you some slack. Your photos show how young you are, and how you traveled Europe on Daddy's money. Easy to be a liberal from New York (isn't that redundant, by the way?) when Daddy is footing the bills, right?
Damn. You're the poster child for the saying "When you are young and you are not a liberal, you have no heart. But if you are still a liberal at 40, you have no brain. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And Alethia, I'll cut you some slack. Your photos show how young you are, and how you traveled Europe on Daddy's money. Easy to be a liberal from New York (isn't that redundant, by the way?) when Daddy is footing the bills, right?
Damn. You're the poster child for the saying "When you are young and you are not a liberal, you have no heart. But if you are still a liberal at 40, you have no brain. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best.
Wow!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 05-24-2004, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Quote:

oh wow you're taking pity on me? oh no-and for your information I went to europe with money from my strong, independent mother who works in an inner- city high school as an english teacher and my own money that i worked for.

Take your pity someplace else.

and i am young and liberal but at least i'm not an ignorant republican like you
Old 05-24-2004, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
<I'm Republican and rich so I feel righteous blabber>

Did you think I'd fold cause I am female? Don't make me laugh.

<snip>.
I'm unsure if you're familiar with Gamma Phi Beta, but it is a sorority. Thus, we will use the principles of logic:

I am a Gamma Phi Beta.
Gamma Phi Beta is an organization for women.

Therefore, I am a woman.

And attack me if you want for being young and mooching off my parents to pay for my hoity-toity private school. They're paying for the same school my mother went to, and guess what? Neither of them are voting for Bush because he makes them embarassed to be American.

My parents both served our country overseas. What have you done lately to go above and beyond the call of duty?
Old 05-24-2004, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yeah, I'd love to go to an inner city hospital without insurance. I'd get better care than what I now pay $460 a month for out of my own pocket - and I have a $3000 deductible to get it down to that much. But I better not get sick, cause if I actually try to use it I'd probably be cancelled as soon as they could do it.

It's time to get better health insurance, yo. Or a better job, dog. Never have I EVER heard of a $3K deductible. Is GEICO underwriting your health plan? Are you so utterly and completely accident prone that no company will cover you? What pre-existing conditions did you have? Leprosy?

Quote:
You're the poster child for the saying "When you are young and you are not a liberal, you have no heart. But if you are still a liberal at 40, you have no brain. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best.
Hey, obviously my parents, who are liberals at 50+, have brains. They pay less than YOU do for health insurance, and sent both of their children to Ivy League colleges and grad schools--without scholarships or loans. And we're black, too! Didn't think that could happen, eh?

Just hush up now, please. You're making the rational conservatives here on GC look bad.

Bush looks pretty torn up in that picture. I'd recommend he get some Neosporin.

Last edited by Munchkin03; 05-24-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

GP, I suppose I replied to your "invitation" without looking at your membership affiliation because I'm just not used to being called out by girls.
It's so masculine I just assumed that...well, never mind.

Rich Republican? NOW who's making assumptions? How about if I told you my husband has been out of work for way too long when his company folded and we are under a financial crunch right now? BLAH BLAH??? What's that?

Good for your parents and thanks to both of them for their service.
And that is relevant how?

Congrats to you Alethia. Inner city high school single teacher mom in New York City? Teacher's union, money docked from her paycheck to support Democratic candidates even if she didn't want it. I'm getting it now...

Geeky Penguin, if you are a moderator, I shudder to think who runs this board. Moderators do not call people out.
Please be a little classier. After all, aren't you a lady? I'm sure GPB national would hope you are. Am I correct?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Munchkin, you don't know what you don't know. Methinks that you would claim you don't think ANY conservative is rational if you could express your druthers.

And of course your parents are liberal. I'll leave it at that.

If I had chosen not to take a higher deductible from Humana, my premiums would have been higher. And as an independent contractor in my job, I pay for my own insurance - 100%. If you can get better insurance in your state, on your own without an employer paying for your benefits, go for it. Since I live in a state with lots of elderly folks accessing the system, rates are very high. Got it? You would think I would get props for paying my own way. But liberals don't see it that way I suppose.

Don't make your attacks personal. It's not necessary in order to make your point.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Munchkin, you don't know what you don't know. Methinks that you would claim you don't think ANY conservative is rational if you could express your druthers.

Of course I don't know what I don't know. Neither do you. What kind of statement is that?

No, I am more than capable of getting into a good debate with someone with more traditional views than mine. I can have stimulating conversations where I can understand the other person's point of view, but still not agree with it; I can leave a politically charged conversation without hurtling insults. You, on the other hand, have resorted to the same tired and trite criticisms against young people.

I don't care if you're liberal or conservative as long as you provide intelligent conversation.

Quote:
Since I live in a state with lots of elderly folks accessing the system, rates are very high. Got it? You would think I would get props for paying my own way. But liberals don't see it that way I suppose.

Dude, I'm from FLORIDA. I guess all those old people playing shuffleboard don't tap into the healthcare system? My parents pay their own way through life, and obviously they are doing something right. Stop trying to make excuses. Excuses are tools of a weak mind.

You say this...

Quote:

Of course, I wouldn't criticize someone who obviously can handle their financial and career affairs. But hey...that's just me. They're liberal, but they ain't paying a $3K deductible.

But then, you say this...
Quote:
Don't make your attacks personal. It's not necessary in order to make your point.
You made your little "attack" on me personal, but yet you tell me not to do the same thing. That makes you a HYPOCRITE.

And now it's time for a word from our sponsors...

Last edited by Munchkin03; 05-24-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Geeky Penguin, if you are a moderator, I shudder to think who runs this board. Moderators do not call people out.
Please be a little classier. After all, aren't you a lady? I'm sure GPB national would hope you are. Am I correct?
We're an International. Moderators can and do call people out. Nowhere in our "job" description does it say "Play nicely with stupid people."

As for calling me masculine, and asking if I'm a lady - I'm from Wisconsin. Maybe it's our German work ethic, maybe it's the cold winters - but ladies are allowed to have opinions here. I got a bid when I rushed as the president of College Democrats, I think my sisters knew what they were doing.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

If I had chosen not to take a higher deductible from Humana, my premiums would have been higher. And as an independent contractor in my job, I pay for my own insurance - 100%. If you can get better insurance in your state, on your own without an employer paying for your benefits, go for it. Since I live in a state with lots of elderly folks accessing the system, rates are very high. Got it? You would think I would get props for paying my own way. But liberals don't see it that way I suppose.

Funny, our Humana deductible is nowhere near that. What condition do you have again? An ulcer of the cranium?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
We're an International. Moderators can and do call people out. Nowhere in our "job" description does it say "Play nicely with stupid people."

hahahahahahaha...

<pause and breath>

hahahahahahahahahaha

damn girl you just laid the smackdown thats freakin great (major points to munchkin03 too!) i love you guys hahahaha