GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,504
1 members and 1,503 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
That's awesome CT4! Good luck! I'm writing a book too, but may be the least motivated writer on earth with it right now. I need to get back on it!
Old 05-21-2003, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

If I'm still here..

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4

I will definitely be the GCer who knows the most GCers with my book tour. I am hoping to also definitely be on Delta author tours as well.
Don't forget to stop by Kansas!
Old 05-21-2003, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mccoyred
One question, you mentioned that you wanted this to be a family book but you also mentioned SVH. Will this be a Teen book or one that I can read to my little ones?

Good luck.
They are freshman with younger siblings. Kendra has an 11 year old sister, Mali, and a 6 year old cousin who lives with them named Gabrielle as well as an older brother named Malcolm who is a senior.

I don't want to do the total SVH that took it back to them being those ages, but I thought about doing a book from Mali's POV.

I do want to eventually write books for more than just teens, but having spent 3 years there as a student and 4 1/2 as a teacher, I am well versed in high school so to speak.

So for right now, yes it is a teen book, but once your little ones get to be big ones, this will be a well developed series by then.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Fantastic! You made my day. It really is a great idea. It sounds interesting and I'm sure everyone will run and get a copy for themselves and the teens they know. Your almost guaranteed success. I wish you the very, very best and will pray for you.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
That is so great, soror!!! You are inspiring me to keep plugging away at my book!!
Old 05-22-2003, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Thumbs up

I wish you the best! I know a few people who had Frank McCourt who wrote "Angela's Ashes" as a teacher in highschool. Maybe there is a Pulitzer Prize in your future, too.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Do ya thang gurl!!!

This book sounds great. I can' t wait for the finished product!

I was an avid reader as a teen and I wished there had been books out there w/black characters when I was in jr. high/high school. This is wonderful!
Old 05-22-2003, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Do ya thang gurl!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mz. Sports Luva
This book sounds great. I can' t wait for the finished product!

I was an avid reader as a teen and I wished there had been books out there w/black characters when I was in jr. high/high school. This is wonderful!

Ditto!! My husband's neice is 12 and a AVID reader. She attends a majority school and eats anything up with characters that look like her. When every I see a book geared towards preteens with black folks on the cover I scoop it up for her.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: So You Wanna Know About My Book

Quote:
Oh and BLACK folks kill me asking for their name to be in the book, but won't read it.
Now you know, I am going to ask for my name to be in the book. But, I will definitely read it! Imagine this, the school puts on a Halloween Talent Show and there is a petite, cocoa colored girl named Classy who does a mean Tina Turner. "Big wheels keep on turnin . . . . . "
Old 05-22-2003, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: So You Wanna Know About My Book

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassyLady
Now you know, I am going to ask for my name to be in the book. But, I will definitely read it! Imagine this, the school puts on a Halloween Talent Show and there is a petite, cocoa colored girl named Classy who does a mean Tina Turner. "Big wheels keep on turnin . . . . . "
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW HELL NAW. . .I had forgot all about that mess.

**taking notes**

Oh and just so you know when you read the book, I am all up in the book -- Kendra, the teachers and my mom is too.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Great concept

I used to love SVH and Nacy Drew. I had every single book that came out. They are now packed up in my attic and I refuse to give them to my cousin to read. It would be really nice to give our young girls books they would be excited to read and could relate to.

Girl, just wait until until you get on amazon and barnesandnoble. You are going to be big time.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up I really am working on it. . .

I know I post a lot but I am working on chapter 20 right now.

I am having so much fun with it. I have this one character who is Ms. Teen B**** and my mom, Kelli, and Ideal08 hate her. . .but with this last chapter, 2/3 of the reading population is starting to like her.

Back to work now, I have posted on GC, no one is around to talk to -- I did Pilates today too 1 3/4 times and ol girl had my stomach hurting.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Update for the future patrons

Getting ready to start Chapter 23. . .I won't finish on 5/31 but by June 4th, book one of my series will be done.

I think that the day I finish will also be the day that I shed my tresses.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Update for the future patrons

Quote:
Getting ready to start Chapter 23. . .I won't finish on 5/31 but by June 4th, book one of my series will be done.

I think that the day I finish will also be the day that I shed my tresses.
I think that would be the PERFECT day to make your transformation! I am proud of you!!!!

GO GIRL...you just GO!
Old 06-04-2003, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
my brother Brandon (4 years younger than me; college graduate; no kids; SINGLE -- yes I am trying to hook him up )
Send a sista a picture....
Closed Thread