GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,509
0 members and 1,509 guests
No Members online

Old 03-05-2003, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Unfortunately, these FSC issues have been going for a long time. There were problems long before any of us ever stepped on campus, and they'll be there long after we've graduated.

The thing that I fear most is that one of the hazing organizations will severely injure or kill a new member...and that will spell the end for ALL of us--NIC, NPC, NPHC, NALFO, you name it. Administration is just itching for a reason to throw all of us off campus.

Glitter--I like your chapter's website! Please bring up the idea of a Panhellenic website to the group. I really think that it would be a good start.

Another thing that you might consider doing: call a meeting of the ALL the inter/national GLOs--the ones that have risk management policies in place. Perhaps you all need to start voting as a bloc at FSC meetings to get your voices heard and get some movement in the right direction.

I really, really sympathize with you all because I've been where you are right now and I know how upsetting it is. Good luck!
Old 03-05-2003, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

While is pie in sky,

All Greek Orgs will never get along! That is a given! But most of the majors work together to plan, project, and concentaite on problems!

What is wrong is that Not ALL of the Greek National Orgs. NIC< NPC< and NHPC Orgs. Coordinate! I may be wrong!

But what happens to the New and upcoming MultiGlos? The Newe Locals that are striving to expand and doing so!

It seems that maybe the problem lies on Campuses!

If an Organization becomes a strong member of the School as an Org. Then why should they not become a member of a Greek Governing Body? By that I mean, beleiving in the same principles of the like Overall Group that they are trying to become part of?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-06-2003, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't really know the situation but I had a thought...
When you say that you don't have houses, is this by university rules or finance? I don't know where you are located but is there area for building in the neighborhood? You could have all 3 NPC groups pool their resources together and build a place where you can all have your meetings and recruitment out of. You can meet once a week for panhell and then each have a night for meeting, each have an office, and have a place to recruit out of. It may not be the best idea, unless you can find a house with three floors and then each can have a floor with chapter room, office space, and a place to hang your crest and charter.

Just an idea!
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34