GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,412
0 members and 1,412 guests
No Members online

Old 01-30-2003, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Also, the Sr. Girls and guys could say certain phrases and the Jr. girls had to do something i .e. "Fry like Bacon"- they laid on the floor and kinda wiggled around, like bacon in a pan. "Air Raid"- hit the floor, "Barn yard"- All 4's and make an animal sound....you get the idea.
Oh my. THAT sounds like a dignified group I'd want to be a part of.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

There was a sorority at my high school, too. It was called LF (whatever that stands for) and it was started in the late 70's or something. You're asked to join as a freshman. They have a hell week where the freshies have to wear a certain outfit each day, can't wear make-up, all that kind of bs. Then at the end of the week is Goop Day, I suppose a la "Dazed and Confused." I never went to one of these, but all my guys friends lived for it. It was like the first major social event of the school year. Then they take the freshies, get them real drunk, and bring them home past their curfews. So then they're grounded for the next month, and basically never party with any of those older girls again. It's dumb. They pay dues, which the older girls use to buy alcohol for themselves. Every Hell Week, it was this big deal not to get found out b/c you could get in trouble with the school administrators who wanted to end the whole thing.

As for the online sorority, it's silly, but harmless. I say let the little chickies have their fun. The site looks like it hasn't been updated in awhile. The president says she's 18, but her birthday is in 1981.
Old 02-02-2003, 03:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Just thought of this - Beta Sigma Phi has several online chapters.
Old 02-02-2003, 03:25 AM
GreekChat Member

About the letter mix up of the online girls... could it just be because they didn't think to use TT to create the symbol for Pi on the computer so they just used P not knowing it stood for Rho (which is not a commonly known symbol since it isn't used in Math like Pi?) just a thought...