Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,407
0 members and 1,407 guests
No Members online

Old 04-28-2014, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Confused

As a clippers fan, that just discusses me. I mean, you have a black gf so I don't even know how racist this guy really is. I just don't get it. But I just hope that the clippers don't throw the game because of this. They are playing for themselves at the end of the day, not sterling.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

The most racist people in human history didn't have any trouble using black women sexually. In fact, that was part of the fun of owning them. Let's face it -- there's no reason to think that she actually liked him. If he weren't racist, he'd still be an ugly 80-year-old married man not known for his personality. She's a working girl, and he was her employer.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

It's hard to determine who was using who. She seems like the classic gold digger and if the allegations are true that she embezzled over $1 mil from Sterling then her true intentions in all of this is questionable.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
The NBA needs to force him out like MLB did with (former Cincinnati Reds owner) Marge Schott several years ago.
You got your wish - he's banned for life from the NBA and now owes a $2.5M fine.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
It's hard to determine who was using who. She seems like the classic gold digger and if the allegations are true that she embezzled over $1 mil from Sterling then her true intentions in all of this is questionable.
Her character is no doubt questionable (the timing of the leaked tapes following so quickly after his wife filed a lawsuit against the mistress to me reads that she didn't care about his racism as long as she was getting paid), but that doesn't make his words and actions any less detestable.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

WOW... NBA commissioner came down on Sterling HARD. Nice to see some real punishment. I am assuming that Sterling now has an EX girlfriend, in addition to a soon-to-be ex wife.

Don Sterling thrown out of NBA for Life
Old 04-29-2014, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
A+ victim blaming, there.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
WOW... NBA commissioner came down on Sterling HARD. Nice to see some real punishment. I am assuming that Sterling now has an EX girlfriend, in addition to a soon-to-be ex wife.

Don Sterling thrown out of NBA for Life
Sterling is worth approximately $1.9 billion (according to reports). The $2.5 mil fine (league maximum) is worth approx $55.90 to him.

I guess there could be a debate about how "real" or "hard" the league has come down.

There are so many layers to this onion....
~ Luke 19:10
Old 04-29-2014, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Stop using "victim" and "victim blaming" so loosely.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Whaa? She was being sued for embezzling a substantial amount of money and released this recording for revenge when they didn't back down in the civil case.

She's definitely not a victim here.

This is just a mud slinging match where everyone got dirty.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-29-2014, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Stop using "victim" and "victim blaming" so loosely.
You're right, I was too quick on the draw there. I should have said "A+ derailment."
Old 04-29-2014, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't read all the details, but it doesn't sound like there were any victims here. There were people who were douchy, and others who were treated with disrespect, money grubbers and philanderers, but I'm not seeing victims.

I'm glad to see there was punishment even if it won't hurt him very much. What he did wasn't illegal, so throwing him in jail with a bunch of black guys might sound like fun, it wouldn't happen.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Whaa? She was being sued for embezzling a substantial amount of money and released this recording for revenge when they didn't back down in the civil case.

She's definitely not a victim here.

This is just a mud slinging match where everyone got dirty.
LOL! She is far from a victim. Girl stole money from sugar daddy and leaked tapes to embarrass this old guy once she got called out for it. If you listen to the tapes she is more amused by the old mans remarks than offended. If you ask me, they are both assholes who deserve each other. And no, i'm not derailing or condoning the old man, I just find it very interesting that this gold digger had no problems with dating a racist until he decided to sue her for the money she embezzled from him. just saying...

Last edited by PiKA2001; 04-29-2014 at 10:10 PM. Reason: I'm drunk
Old 04-29-2014, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Sterling could be facing a bigger financial hit

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/...0_million.html

"Let’s run through some quick back of the envelope calculations. By all accounts, the Clippers are far more valuable today than when Sterling bought them in 1981 for $12.5 million. According to the Wall Street Journal, insiders think he could “easily fetch $700 million or more from the sale.” So let’s assume, for the sake of argument, that he makes a full $700 million profit. The federal capital gains rate for high earners is 20 percent, while California’s state rate is 13.3 percent. That’s a $233 million tax bill, leaving $467 million behind."
Old 04-29-2014, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballFan44 View Post
As a clippers fan, that just discusses me. I mean, you have a black gf so I don't even know how racist this guy really is. I just don't get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low D Flat View Post
The most racist people in human history didn't have any trouble using black women sexually. In fact, that was part of the fun of owning them.
He basically says in the phone recording that Latina women should be like delicate flowers. Sterling sees them as exotic playthings. Him being with her is just his fantasy come to life. That doesn't mean (obviously) he actually respects her in any way.