GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,417
2 members and 1,415 guests
amIblue?, luvdovemrh

Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

One of the members of LMN is a high-priced call girl. She's putting herself through school with her earnings (this was rampant about "someone" in the house next door to us...at least the rumor was that she was "high-priced" and apparently putting her profits toward a good cause ).

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 02-14-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

On Saturday nights, after the girls come back from their dates, they have topless pillow fights in their rooms with the window shades open.

Oh wait, that's fraternity rush tent talk.

LOL!!

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 02-14-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

At ABC - if you eat the food at prefs - you will be cut
At DEF - they have two colors of napkins. If you dont get a pink napkin - you will be cut. (One girl burst into tears ehen they handed her a drink.)
Old 02-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

You will be judged on the quality of your philanthropy craft-if you are incapable of carrying on a brilliant conversation, while creating a craft comparable to the Sistine Chapel ceiling, don't plan on receiving an invitation to their next round of parties-this covers all the sororities, except, of course, the "bottom rung" sorority who will invite everyone because they are that desperate.

XXX asks every rushee (in casual conversation) what her father does for a living. That is their way of making sure the girl-or her family-can afford the dues.

to follow HGWest's first rumor, if you don't eat the food at pref. you will insult the sorority and you will end up at the bottom of the bid list.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 02-14-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

If the rusher asks you to sing along with the songs it's a trick to get you cut so she can keep her rush crush high on the list
Old 02-14-2013, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
My memory is fading, but I remember some from when I was a recruitment counselor and having to correct the PNM's.

ABC requires you to go to Bible Study.

OMG makes you lie in a coffin at initiation...

LMN is on probation and they're closing.

If you're at RS and the sister who is rushing you puts her arm around you, its a signal to the other sisters that you're going to be cut.

Once you join VWX, you have mandatory etiquette and makeup lessons. Everyone has to wear makeup.

The biggest rumor: JKL got the wrong invite lists and it ruined their whole recruitment. They got back all the girls they dropped and released the ones they wanted and now they're stuck with them.
These ^^^^ existed on my campus, along with:

Your first house party is the home of your Rush Counselor (that one really WAS true, ten counselors for ten homes and fact-checked at Pref Sign/Reveal).

When members of VY make huge etiquette mistakes as they rush you, they will not invite you into membership.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I've heard a few whoppers (not rush, but hazing-related, I guess):

-Pledges of XYZ are required to dress in Disney costumes and show up to fraternity guys' dorm rooms
-Pledges of ABC have been hazed by being given a choice between 3 lines of coke and 3 guys to, uh, service
-ABC also, apparently, had a pot farm in the house
-DEF's house is haunted
-GHI pledges were hazed by being locked in a heated room with pledges of PQR frat, given beer, and "I'm Blue" was played over and over again, while the sisters sat back and waited to see what would happen
-Members of JKL were asked to sleep with with highly desirable sports recruits to try to get them to commit to the school

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Even though there are no national constraints, GHI will not pledge a woman who isn't (fill in the religion).
This one has actually happened more than once at my school (which is rather notorious for houses being split along religious lines), and when nationals got wind of it, they got REALLY mad.

Last edited by PhiAlpha05; 02-15-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
XYZ has so many legacies coming through that they will cut everyone who isn't.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Some people thought that what the girls did with your notecard (with your name and party info on it, idk how many other schools do that but we do it at UGA) had some kind of meaning. If it went on the left or right side meant you were cut or weren't, if they kept it and played with it while you were talking it was a bad sign, etc.

There were also rumors about what area they take you to on the lawn. If you were on the left/right you were kept/released.

***Sidebar: my roommate was an XYZ and within her first couple of weeks she SWORE to me that the side of the lawn thing meant something at XYZ. She was like, "You know that rumor? It really is true! The older girls told me." Keep in mind my roommate was VERY dramatic and while she was excited to pledge XYZ at first (it was her legacy), she would later go on to complain about weird things like how "XYZ didn't have good chapters in her area (she was OOS) and so now all her friends think she isn't in a good sorority." Let's not even think about the awful things she said about her poor big. She wasn't really a nice person. She ended up transferring back to her home state (where XYZ is a "bad" sorority). I took everything she said with a grain (handful) of salt.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
On Saturday nights, after the girls come back from their dates, they have topless pillow fights in their rooms with the window shades open.
lol to this day, my husband still thinks this is all we did
Old 02-15-2013, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSigma View Post
If XY sisters cross their arms behind their back during a recruitment party, they are signaling the other sisters that you're cut and they shouldn't bother talking to you.
We did that, but it meant, "someone come help, I can't talk to this girl!"

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-15-2013, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

ABC has required tanning.

You can't get a bid to AB if you're not dating an XYZ.

If DEF doesn't invite you to see the upstairs at their house tour, you're not getting a bid.

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the stories! I'm enjoying them. Several of them have been new to me even after all the years of reading GC.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:50 AM
GreekChat Member

When I went through recruitment, TPA was new on campus and it was their first formal recruitment. This girl in my group kept telling everyone she was friends with basically ever sorority member ever and that TPA was the "free space" (as in Bingo..it's just a given and no one is excluded) and that they'll take ANYONE because they're new and "need the numbers." They kept inviting me back despite my heavy cuts so it kind of got in my head....till that girl (and a few others in my group) got cut!!
FYI- she was dismissed from recruitment (I'm guessing because of her attitude) and I can assure you I got some nasty looks from her when I showed up to the class we had together with my TPA bag!

Θ Φ Α

Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA85 View Post
When I went through recruitment, TPA was new on campus and it was their first formal recruitment. This girl in my group kept telling everyone she was friends with basically ever sorority member ever and that TPA was the "free space" (as in Bingo..it's just a given and no one is excluded) and that they'll take ANYONE because they're new and "need the numbers." They kept inviting me back despite my heavy cuts so it kind of got in my head....till that girl (and a few others in my group) got cut!!
FYI- she was dismissed from recruitment (I'm guessing because of her attitude) and I can assure you I got some nasty looks from her when I showed up to the class we had together with my TPA bag!
Karma ran over the dogma!