GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 1,080
2 members and 1,078 guests
John

Old 06-04-2009, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegallyBrunette View Post
Two thoughts after last night:

1) I am really disappointed that Natalie was cut so early on. I agree that her actual performance of Sonya's jazz number in front of the judges wasn't spectacular, but I definitely think there were weaker dancers who were kept around longer.

2) Is it just me, or has Mia been really unpleasant so far this season? In the preview for tonight they showed a clip of her telling a dancer how "annoying" he/she was.
1. ITA about Natalie.

2. Mia is always a massive beyotch throughout auditions and practices. The only time she seems nice is when she likes a performance.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe I'm not remembering them doing this a lot in past seasons, but... it seems like they're giving a lot of people second chances who really don't deserve them.

@~/~~~~
Old 06-05-2009, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I was happy with about 12 of the Top 20...the other 8, I think, were people I had not seen in previous rounds. I think those dancers tend to be at a disadvantage because the ones who have been featured may already be building a fan base.

I don't remember the show cutting so many featured dancers in previous seasons. I recall that, in the last two years at least, I used to know a little bit about almost every dancer before they went into the Top 20.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAGD View Post
I was happy with about 12 of the Top 20...the other 8, I think, were people I had not seen in previous rounds. I think those dancers tend to be at a disadvantage because the ones who have been featured may already be building a fan base.

I don't remember the show cutting so many featured dancers in previous seasons. I recall that, in the last two years at least, I used to know a little bit about almost every dancer before they went into the Top 20.

Agreed. I was a bit surprised, too. Especially because a lot of the cuts were absolutely fantastic dancers.

I agreed that Mia has been a HUGE beotch this season. The Emmy has gone to her head and she thinks her crap doesn't stink. There's no reason to not be professional and polite to these people who have worked their tails off for you. These kids are not slackers, they're not backtalking or rude (Like on AI and other shows). There's no acceptable excuse to be so nasty.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

And Mia telling that one guy (I think his name is Brandon?) that he's annoying and doesn't impress her at all. I'm glad Mary spoke up and said that her comments were garbage. Because I'm definitely not seeing the "attitude" Mia claims he has. I can't imagine that him being told he was in the top 20 was anything less than embarrassing for him. How sad.

@~/~~~~
Old 06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I am sad that only one of the two brothers made it, I loved them both
Also, I feel bad for the guy who had the contract with the ballet company...
Old 06-05-2009, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpacer View Post
Also, I feel bad for the guy who had the contract with the ballet company...
I don't feel bad for him. He's under contract with one of the most prestigious ballet companies in the US. How awful that must be. He can come back when his contract expires.

Personally, I've experienced worse criticism and behavior than what Mia is dishing. At least no one's knees have been smacked with a cane. If I were him, I would have invited her to choreograph on me for the first week and kick my ass into what she wanted. I didn't see the cockiness she accused him of, however.

And I love when they have ballerinas in the top 20.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
And Mia telling that one guy (I think his name is Brandon?) that he's annoying and doesn't impress her at all. I'm glad Mary spoke up and said that her comments were garbage. Because I'm definitely not seeing the "attitude" Mia claims he has. I can't imagine that him being told he was in the top 20 was anything less than embarrassing for him. How sad.
I didn't like Brandon. He seems fake to me. Or something. I dunno. I'll just have to wait and see what he's really like, but I definitely like a lot of other people more.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Cat's dress looking like a coloring book....kinda hideous.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow. Kaitlyn and Jason were awesome!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

A great first show!

I thought only two dances were awful: the Broadway and the Cha Cha. Neither had any pizazz and I couldn't believe the judges actually liked the Cha Cha.

The Bollywood number was fantastic, as was the super sexy Samba. Jason is so adorable...he reminds me of Jesus from a few seasons ago. I don't think the judges gave Max enough credit; Kayla wouldn't have been nearly as good without him.

Loved both Hip Hop routines! I, personally, thought the second one WAS memorable and I hope Tony and Paris aren't in the bottom.

The Jazz dances were very well done...Wade's was weird but beautifully danced, and Evan and Randi were superb in Tyce's. And the Foxtrot and Contemporary were also lovely. I thought Janette looked stunning in that pink gown!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED last night's show!!!

My husband and I rewatched several of the dances numerous times just to see what we'd missed!!

Even though I usually don't like Tyce's routines, I thought the sexy jazz number with Evan and "married girl" was amazing, and they nailed it!!

I loved the Bollywood dance - it was soooo fun!

I also loved the beautiful dance with Ade and the "naughty ballerina"!! She looked as light as a feather and every move was LOVELY!!

Both hip hops were good, the foxtrot and samba were great, cha cha - not enough hip action, but serviceable for a first go.

I also loved Wade's dance, both dancers completely bought into the idea and characters and portrayed it beautifully while being technically perfect.

The only dance I found EXTREMELY lacking was the broadway number. Not only was the choreography MEH, but the dancers didn't help their cause by making it come alive.

I think those two are goners..... Won't miss Asaka but I liked the "Hatian Sensation"

(Maybe I'll get all the names straight soon )
Old 06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

oh no, i forgot that it was on last night. arrrgh!!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

The first two dances didn't wow me at all. Ade and Melissa (the naughty ballerina) and Max and Kayla (the samba) are my fave couples so far
Old 06-11-2009, 06:53 PM

I actually didn't think any of the routines were terrible! There were some that weren't quite as good as the others but nobody absolutely sucked. That's really good for the first show...usually there's some people in the first few show that need to be weeded out. I think it's going to be a good season.