» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,230
0 members and 1,230 guests
No Members online

Old 02-18-2004, 05:57 PM

How weird...it's not listed anywhere on our website. The Beta Rho chapter is listed as being at the University of Manitoba. Then again, our website is VERY outdated.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Baird's lists your Manitoba chapter as Beta Rho also. Must be a misprint in Baird's.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RMUamieZTA
I would like to see Zeta colonize at Kent State. I went up there to visit some high school friends, and it just seemed so empty without ZTA...
Old 02-19-2004, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ztabchbum Send a message via Yahoo to ztabchbum
Quote:
Originally posted by RMUamieZTA
I would like to see Zeta colonize at Kent State. I went up there to visit some high school friends, and it just seemed so empty without ZTA...
I totally agree. I went to high school about 10/15 minutes from there (Hudson, Ohio) and a lot of my friends went to school there and I really think they should have been ZTA's! I also think that ZTA should be at Ohio State (Alpha Zeta) again.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash your board. I think ZTA would do well at Southern Miss as well. I just don't know if they need another sorority right now. Kappa Alpha Theta came in 97/98 I believe and I know they are the newest and they are doing great. I just don't think they need any more expansions. However, you never know. Also, I would love to see ZTA back at Ole Miss be/c I had some good friends who were ZTAs at Ole Miss.
Old 02-20-2004, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I also am all about having more chapters in California. As a collegiate in South Carolina I got really spoiled. Zetas are everywhere in that state! But now I live in Santa Cruz. I drive over an hour sometimes just to get to alumnae chapter meetings (but it's totally worth it). And the nearest collegiate chapter to us is in Klamath Falls, Oregon! That's like a 6 hour drive! And a lot of the women in my alum chapter were collegiates at the long-defunct UC Berkeley chapter and I know that they would love to see that up and running again. (UCB may not be Ivy League, but it's darn close!) Another grad student here at UCSC is an Alpha Phi alum and she was a chapter advisor at UCB for awhile, and I'm so jealous!

And totally off the subject, Anne Snipes, how are you??? I haven't talked to you in forever! I hope you're doing well!
Old 02-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

well, ladies, our expansion goes on. kappa tau colony at florida gulf coast university in estero(between ft. myers and naples) is here!! thursday nite 51 women signed bid cards with 6 more to sign when they complete their school required volunteer hours!
Old 02-20-2004, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RMUamieZTA
thats so exciting!!
Old 02-20-2004, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedGirl
As for Emory and Duke, they are very exclusive academic schools, and that would be a great thing for Zeta's national reputation. In addition, they are both surrounded by successful chapters that could assist in colonization and recruitment. For Duke there are chapters at NC State, UNC-Chapel Hill, UNC-Charlotte, UNC-Pembroke, ECU, WCU and Elon in the state.
I'm crashing your board!

Just wanted to say that sadly, ZTA is not at Western anymore. They closed their doors in 2002. Supposedly they are going to be able to come back in 2004 or 2005. But I don't know how true that is, or how effective that will be, since only 57 girls went through spring recruitment for 5 sororities!

One of my bridesmaids was a ZTA at Western...and I was friends with a few of the girls in that chapter who graduated before I did. Another one of my bridesmaids was a ZTA from Winthrop!

Anyways, sorry to crash, just wanted to give you an update.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

How about the Northeast? ANYWHERE! Haha. We have really been thriving up here, and it would be great to see Zeta capitalize on the growing systems in the area!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:41 AM

*bump*

I'm bumping this thread because I know a lot of schools are opening for expansion this spring and fall.

Where would you like to see ZTA open or recolonize a chapter?

Since we have such a strong alumnae base in the South, I'd like to see us open chapters at Emory (which is currently open for expansion), Furman, and Vanderbilt.

A recolonization of the our chapters at big schools like Nebraska, Illinois, Southern California, Pittsburgh, SMU, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, UCLA, Boston and Syracuse would be nice too!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to radioZTA Send a message via Yahoo to radioZTA
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
*bump*

Where would you like to see ZTA open or recolonize a chapter?

You mentioned the one that I'd like most...SMU!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:58 PM

I would like to see ZTA recolonize at Belmont Abbey College. It's located about 10 minutes away from Charlotte, NC in Belmont, NC. Since Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC) and UNC-Charlotte (Charlotte, NC) are so close, I don't understand why we couldn't. In fact, when that chapter closed, a local sorority "took" ZTA's place with the girls that were new members and regular members of the ZTA chapter. I just wonder if they used any of our rituals?

Schools I'd like to see ZTA colonize is at Furman, Charleston Southern, and Coastal Carolina.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

colonization wish list

wake forest, vanderbilt,smu,emory,university of the south,rhodes college, tulane,kansas state,iowa state,nebraska, washington u. of st. louis,pittsburg,kentucky, rollins,more california schools, oregon and oregon state,ohio state, illinois, u of michigan, wisconsin.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaGirl22
someone had mentioned recolonizing at duke.......well it appears that is happening!
Loved by a Zeta Psi