GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,451
7 members and 1,444 guests
Cranberry, modorney, Sciencewoman

Old 10-22-2006, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
OMG...you SOOO did not include Wet Slut in a thread about fashion...
ok, I think it's time for me to head to my little corner and cry, hehe *sobs*

Though I admit, back a few years Wet Seal clothes line was geared towards the clubbing crowd. But recently they have some decent ones which are not slutty. And their prices went way down. The avg price used to be about $35, now it's roughly in the $15-$20 so they can compete with H&M, Forever 21 and such. I barely go Wet Seal because it's so hard to find something that I like

Quote:
As a petite person I find it really hard to buy pants, but I like Ann Taylor a lot. They are still too long for me most of the time though! Where do smaller women out there shop? (I'm five feet tall) I hate having to get EVERY pair of pants, dresses, and coats tailored!
I have the same problem too!! I don't think I ever bought a pair that is just right. I bought 4 pairs of pants a month ago. Got too busy to tailor them myself. Last week finally got 2 pairs done, 2 pairs to go...and it's annoying me, haha. I'm seriously running low on pants. I always go for office skirts
Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

For true high end fashion I do love Theory and Vince. However, that is out of my budget most of the time so I shop that when Nordie's is having one of their blowout sales!
Old 10-22-2006, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufdale View Post
As a petite person I find it really hard to buy pants, but I like Ann Taylor a lot. They are still too long for me most of the time though! Where do smaller women out there shop? (I'm five feet tall) I hate having to get EVERY pair of pants, dresses, and coats tailored! Any suggestions?

I'm a huge fan of Polo oxfords and polo shirts. I think it's a classic.
For summer dresses, I love Lily! It's always summer here in Florida, so I get good use out of bright dresses.
The shopping in Gainesville (FL) is HORRIBLE!!! We don't even have a decent deparment store so I save most of my shopping sprees for trips to Orlando or down south where I'm from.

I hate all the tailoring also. have you tried Petite Sophisticate? their tops are too matronly for me, but their bottoms fit perfect. I haven't been shopping in a while but I heard they were going out of business. so I don't know where I'll shop when that time comes.
I also love Express. they pretty much epitomize my style.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm cheap. I usually get my stuff form Gap/Old Navy/AE. I don't like spending a lot of money on clothes I'll probably get ink on within a month. I'll also do a lot of shopping at Goodwill, because if I get ink on a shirt that only cost me $1.50 I don't feel bad. However, I really like J.Crew and Anthropologie, but right now the budget isn't going to allow me to make purchases from there.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

i buy whatever is onsale and looks decent. haha
Old 10-23-2006, 06:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
I thought Petite Sophisticate went out of business along with Casual Corner and August Max Woman.

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 10-23-2006, 07:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_cat_4ever View Post
Though I admit, back a few years Wet Seal clothes line was geared towards the clubbing crowd. But recently they have some decent ones which are not slutty. And their prices went way down. The avg price used to be about $35, now it's roughly in the $15-$20 so they can compete with H&M, Forever 21 and such. I barely go Wet Seal because it's so hard to find something that I like
Ok, so I just went to their website, because I haven't been in the store for years...and they have cleaned up some. I still couldn't find much I liked (although as an ASA, they had this 3/4 sleeve shirt with ladybugs all over that said "Don't Bug Me" that I thought was cute ), but it's not like it used to be. And you could buy a shirt, wear it once, and then use it for a dishrag at their prices.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
I thought Petite Sophisticate went out of business along with Casual Corner and August Max Woman.
They did.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

reading this thread makes me realize how long it's been since i SHOPPED. i will go to old navy and grab something before vacation (shorts, swimsuit, etc). Or go to a dept. store and find "an outfit" for "an occasion"... but the last time i've actually been shopping? years.

My normal stops: NY & Co (formerly Lerner's) Banana Republic, Limited, Ann Taylor, Express (not so much anymore)
Old 10-23-2006, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Urban Outfitters, Tar-zhay, Anthropologie, United Colors of Benetton, Arden B, Forever 21 when I want something cheap to party in, Nicole Miller when I want a nice dress/suit, and a British website called asos.com but their clothes are so worth the international shipping.

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 10-23-2006, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Morgantown shopping is USELESS so I have to wait to go shopping during breaks or go up to Pittsburgh and hit their malls.
I usually shop at..
BEBE for going out tops, date party dresses, things like that.
NORDSTROM for jeans (i LOVE Sevens), purses (Coach and Fendi).
BANANA REPUBLIC & JCREW for sweaters during the winter, and JCrew's flipflops because I live in them during the summer.
HOLLISTER & ABERCROMBIE for cute, casual tanktops and Abercrombie sometimes has cute zipup hoodies.
VICTORIA'S SECRET CATALOG for tops I can describe as like "date" attire- where you wanna look nice and pretty but not meet-the-parents conservative.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG...those dresses have me LMAO. And to think that in the 60s, these were considered stylish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
I buy lots of clothes (mainly tops) from Wet Seal, and none of them I'd consider slutty. Aside from my CFM boots I don't think I have anything in my closet that's slutty.
S, you DISAPPOINT ME!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

There's probably something wrong with me- I kind of like those dresses.

When not imagining myself in crazy vintage prints I tend to wear a lot of J.Crew, Boden, Anthropologie. Pretty boring classics. However I am pregnant right now and just wish any of those lines did maternity- I'm totally sick of Old Navy/Gap/Target and think most of the maternity chain store stuff is fugly.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie2000 View Post

S, you DISAPPOINT ME!
Just for you, S. They'll be out and about for Halloween again this year.

Sorry, I only had a picture of my left leg. Don't ask me why it was out the car door like that because chances are, I was hammered.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Just for you, S. They'll be out and about for Halloween again this year.

Sorry, I only had a picture of my left leg. Don't ask me why it was out the car door like that because chances are, I was hammered.
Random, I have those same boots. I've used them for various costumes. They hurt like a mo-fo by the end of the night though! That's what I get for wearing 20 dollar stripper boots though! haha