Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,323
2 members and 1,321 guests
No Members online

Old 11-06-2008, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Tinia, that story is horrible. I would die if I saw HIV on the top on the list. Good thing you recommended a change.

So we are supposed to go tonight after work for the rapid testing. He said he will ask for his results first. I couldn't sleep last night, I've barely ate, my boss wants to send me home because I look so awful (I'm sick to begin with and my eyes are swollen from crying so much). My friends keep telling me to take a step back and remove myself from the situation and think of the unliklihood of having it. All I can think of is those people who say "I never thought it would happen to me" and this stupid Lifetime movie I watched 2 weeks ago about a girl sleeping with an infected boy ONCE and she gets HIV.

I've never slept with anyone who's a drug user with needles and supposedly blood to blood contact is the easiest way to get it. I'm just so scared. I seriously want to call and cancel and pretend this never happened.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU alpha phi View Post

I've never slept with anyone who's a drug user with needles and supposedly blood to blood contact is the easiest way to get it. I'm just so scared. I seriously want to call and cancel and pretend this never happened.

If you do that, then you will never know. Just relax and wait. I know that is easier said than done. Still, just think if you cancel the results, how crazy that would make you because you still don't really know?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I seriously want to call and cancel and pretend this never happened.
You will feel so much better when you get tested. I remember when I had to answer all of those questions they ask (number of sexual partners w/o protection, IV drug use, etc.) and after I was halfway done with the questionnaire, the counselor asked, "so, exactly why are you getting tested?" Even if you're in a low risk group--and my counselor told me straight up that I was--you will feel a lot better.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Cancelling it won't help you, because you still won't know.

It's good to see people get tested, I find that there are alot of young women whose main concern is birth control and not getting pregnant. I sometimes don't think they understand that there are ALOT worse things that can result from unprotected sex/other risky behavior than a pregnancy.

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Cancelling it won't help you, because you still won't know.

It's good to see people get tested, I find that there are alot of young women whose main concern is birth control and not getting pregnant. I sometimes don't think they understand that there are ALOT worse things that can result from unprotected sex/other risky behavior than a pregnancy.
True. When was younger I never considered HIV and only thought of how terrible an unplanned pregnancy would be. Now that I'm in a relationship and living on my own, atleast from a financial standpoint and an "OMG what do I tell my parents" standpoint, it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to me.

I go for my test in less than 90 minutes.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck WVU alpha phi
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It doesn't help that only one of my friends that I've mentioned this to has been tested. I need someone to empathize and understand why I'm freaking out!
Maybe this will be a wake-up call to your friends that they should get tested. It's something everyone should do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
I think it's great that so many people get tested for HIV...but what about those other STDs? Granted, none of them are as lethal as AIDS, but many can wreck your future fertility and we all know the HPV-cervical cancer link.
Exactly! Everyone who is sexually active should be tested for everything - and your suggestion of going to a gay community center or Planned Parenthood is great. It's low-cost or no-cost and they are always completely non-judgmental.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Luckily, I can laugh about this now...

I thought I had told this before, but a search said I didn't, so...

I had my yearly right after I left my ex-husband, and my gynie suggested that I have the full panel of STD tests done, "just in case". She gave me the prescription, and sent me to a lab.

I walked in, and the waiting room was full. There was a bank-teller-like window that I had to push my prescription under to the nurse. She looked at it, and in a loud voice said, "I can see that you want the STD panel, but what's this HIV test?" I blushed and mouthed, "AIDS." She said, "I can't hear you, sweetie, what's that HIV?" I said in a whisper, "AIDS!" By this time, people were looking. Again, she asked, "Just the HIV, what's that mean?" By this time, I was beside myself and said, "AIDS!" When she asked one more time, I grabbed the prescription and wrote, "AIDS" on it, and shoved it back. The nurse then said, in a loud voice, "Ooooh! AIDS! Why didn't you say so?" I wanted to kill her.

Thank heavens, she took me next - but as she drew my blood, she told me about every local celebrity who came to her for AIDS tests! Needless to say, I reported her the very second I got to a phone.

Hope your results were the same as mine, WVU alpha phi.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:37 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I thought I had told this before, but a search said I didn't, so...

I had my yearly right after I left my ex-husband, and my gynie suggested that I have the full panel of STD tests done, "just in case". She gave me the prescription, and sent me to a lab.

I walked in, and the waiting room was full. There was a bank-teller-like window that I had to push my prescription under to the nurse. She looked at it, and in a loud voice said, "I can see that you want the STD panel, but what's this HIV test?" I blushed and mouthed, "AIDS." She said, "I can't hear you, sweetie, what's that HIV?" I said in a whisper, "AIDS!" By this time, people were looking. Again, she asked, "Just the HIV, what's that mean?" By this time, I was beside myself and said, "AIDS!" When she asked one more time, I grabbed the prescription and wrote, "AIDS" on it, and shoved it back. The nurse then said, in a loud voice, "Ooooh! AIDS! Why didn't you say so?" I wanted to kill her.

Thank heavens, she took me next - but as she drew my blood, she told me about every local celebrity who came to her for AIDS tests! Needless to say, I reported her the very second I got to a phone.

Hope your results were the same as mine, WVU alpha phi.
lol i went when i was pregnant in 2000 to get tested...i had been left high and dry by my loser boyfriend and figured i should go to the open STD clinic at the health department. i thought nobody would be there that i knew...boy was i wrong...the room was packed and i knew no less than seven people there lol! and that was the only thing they did on that day so you just KNEW what they were there for...i sat in a corner behind a LIFE magazine and when my name was called moved as fast as my fat behind would take me!

everything turned out ok. i get an HIV test everytime blood work is done, but ive never worried...i know that is naive and dumb to some people, but i figure if i have it, there is nothing i can do about it to change things, so stress is the last thing on my mind. i have always been extra picky about partners and continue to do so. good luck with your test results EVERYBODY lol!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a rather general comment:
One can play, have fun, enjoy themselves. However, at the same time, one needs to think of themselves, their reputation, their welfare, their own health and safety.

And within this thread, that would seem to be play safe and alway use protection. And be aware that even the very best has less that a 100% protection rating.

So if you have not been tested, it is a rather smart idea to do so.

And Honeychild, you definitely did the right thing in reporting that health-care "professional".
"When you have reached the end of the road, then you can decide, whether to go to the left or to the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road, it will take you no where... except to a bad end."
Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
Before my boyfriend and I had sex we both got tested, he was reluctant but I am glad that we both did it, because now we have nothing to worry about! Except for the baby disease....

J2
ΣАІ
ΚΚΨ
University of Kentucky
Old 12-01-2008, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I wonder what happened to her... did she come back?

Old 12-01-2008, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
I wonder what happened to her... did she come back?

Still here, just hadn't posted in this thread. Results are good to go on everything I was tested for. I gave the doctor the two week time frame she suggested in order for everything to be back, and then called to double check. Of course, when I called I spoke to a receiptionist who told me she wasn't allowed to give me my results even though they were in. I was terrified and immediately thought "OMG the doctor is going to tell me because something is positive and she can give me more info." A nurse called me about an hour later to say everything was fine.

Thanks everyone for the concerns, suggestions, and well wishes to get me through that stressful time! And I couldn't be happier to be in a monogamous relationship so this is no longer a concern! (for the time being atleast )