GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,226
2 members and 1,224 guests
Xidelt

Old 12-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

You ladies bless me, and raise my spirits! I so wish that my own sorority's thread so vocally praised the holy name of Jesus Christ!

The Lord is so good! My (much) older brother, whose testimony includes extensive drug use & other addictions, was ordained as a pastor in November! This is the answer to years of prayer!

The Lord has also revealed His will to me concerning a major a decision that I need to make. Life is so much easier & peaceful when you're walking with Him!
Old 12-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

btw, sorry for crashing your boards!
Old 12-15-2003, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

These testimonies are soooo uplifiting!! I'm thankful that God has blessed you all the way He has. Honeychile, your story was soo powerful. Congratulations to your brother!

I'm very thankful for the things that the Lord does for me. I'm particularly thankful that the Lord revealed something to me. I was really close to this guy. We talked about everything, everyday! He knew my life story. There was nothing I wouldn't do for him (that was tasteful, that is). Well, we had a huge disagreement, and ended up falling out. I won't go into what happened, but in short, he did something to betray me. Nearly eight months had passed since we had a deep conversation like we use to. Well, this Thursday I called him, told him I missed him and wanted to start fresh. It seemed like we were going to put things back in order. Saturday morning, he called me going off on me saying that people had told him that I said this and that about him. I was totally disappointed about this because I felt like we were just getting our relationship back on a roll. Well, that's when I found out that he told my brother's line brother that we slept together! I absolutely could not believe it. So in short, God was revealing to me that he was never my friend. And He (the Lord) was protecting me from getting hurt by this guy again! Thank you Jesus!!!

I'm also thankful that I have a sound mind! There are so many people going crazy and killing people. Like I can't understand for the life of me why my so called best friend would lie about me like that. God is soooooo grand, that's why my signature states "The Lord blesses me with NEW MERCIES on a daily! We don't deserve the blessings we receive. Sometimes we forget to thank Him, feel too tired to pray, etc, but the Lord still blesses us! Thank you Jesus. God's blessings to you all during this Holiday season!

-Del
Old 12-16-2003, 03:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Giving honor to God my Lord and savior for all he has done for me.
Thank you not only for my many blessings but my trials of life that have made me stronger.

I love the Lord and am not ashamed to say it!

I praise him for each breathe I take, being clothed in my right mind, my health, family, career, talents bestowed unto me. With eveything I do I give him the glory. For he makes all things possible!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, Delph, Praise the Lord for His wisdom & guidance! I'm glad that you were spared another heart break. What troubles we all avoid when we are quiet and allow Him to speak!

My car's license plate is Phil 4:4 - "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, rejoice!" I will forever praise His holy name!
Old 12-17-2003, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Oh, Delph, Praise the Lord for His wisdom & guidance! I'm glad that you were spared another heart break. What troubles we all avoid when we are quiet and allow Him to speak!

My car's license plate is Phil 4:4 - "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, rejoice!" I will forever praise His holy name!
Well said!
Old 12-19-2003, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

My testimony...it's long, beware

We all have testimonies if we only knew the things that the Lord has saved us from. Everyday he keeps us safe and sound and we never even know that we are in danger.

My testimony is that I am am here to tell it today. Labor Day weekend 2003, I went to the football classic with my cousin and a soror. Afterwards, we were going to get something to eat. On the expressway, my tire blew out and my car went out of control. I ran head-on into the concrete barrier and then flipped over back into oncoming traffic.

My car was never hit by any other cars as were were upside down across traffic. Although injured, I was able to get out of the car. My heart beat was never accelerated and I never lost consciousness. A nurse, our soror, happened to be driving by and stopped to help. I was calm as I asked her what was wrong with me. I knew it was bad because of the way people were looking at me. I had been completely scapled, my skull was exposed, and my eye was swollen shut and bruised.

At the hospital, the doctor's told my family to expect the worse. They expected an onset of brain damage to become evident in the next few hours. They suspected a fractured skull and several facial fractures. After hours of testing, however, it was revealed that I had not broken one bone!! Thank you Jesus!!! I had to have reconstructive surgery to add skin to my scalp, but the injuries did not penetrate my brain. It was purely cosmetic. No internal damage.

Now, 3 months later, I am back to work. I have no scars on my face at all. My hair has almost completely grown back and is long enough for a short style.

Everyone prepared me for the worse, but I knew all along that the Lord only had the best in mind for his children. Our soror who was in the car was not injured at all. Not even as much as a cut. It was truly a miracle. The Lord has blessed me and I am thankful for every day that I wake up to see the beauty of his creation.

Old 12-19-2003, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

OMG...I didn't know that you'd been through all of this! HALLELUJAH, Sister!!!!! You have me almost in tears, and I am praising him FOR you! I'm so glad you are better and back to your activities.

HE brought me through this flu, when people around me are dying. Thank you!
Old 12-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Praise the Lord!! Your testimony truly tells of His grace and glory!! I have tears of joy in my eyes!
Old 12-19-2003, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: My testimony...it's long, beware

Quote:
Originally posted by Conskeeted7
We all have testimonies if we only knew the things that the Lord has saved us from. Everyday he keeps us safe and sound and we never even know that we are in danger.

My testimony is that I am am here to tell it today. Labor Day weekend 2003, I went to the football classic with my cousin and a soror. Afterwards, we were going to get something to eat. On the expressway, my tire blew out and my car went out of control. I ran head-on into the concrete barrier and then flipped over back into oncoming traffic.

My car was never hit by any other cars as were were upside down across traffic. Although injured, I was able to get out of the car. My heart beat was never accelerated and I never lost consciousness. A nurse, our soror, happened to be driving by and stopped to help. I was calm as I asked her what was wrong with me. I knew it was bad because of the way people were looking at me. I had been completely scapled, my skull was exposed, and my eye was swollen shut and bruised.

At the hospital, the doctor's told my family to expect the worse. They expected an onset of brain damage to become evident in the next few hours. They suspected a fractured skull and several facial fractures. After hours of testing, however, it was revealed that I had not broken one bone!! Thank you Jesus!!! I had to have reconstructive surgery to add skin to my scalp, but the injuries did not penetrate my brain. It was purely cosmetic. No internal damage.

Now, 3 months later, I am back to work. I have no scars on my face at all. My hair has almost completely grown back and is long enough for a short style.

Everyone prepared me for the worse, but I knew all along that the Lord only had the best in mind for his children. Our soror who was in the car was not injured at all. Not even as much as a cut. It was truly a miracle. The Lord has blessed me and I am thankful for every day that I wake up to see the beauty of his creation.

WOW! "Touch not my annointed one..." God has His hands on you! A beautiful testimony. I'm glad that you're okay!! Thank you Jesus!
Old 12-19-2003, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Oops, almost forgot!

On Monday, April 28 of this year I came home from work and saw that Bank One had sent me a letter saying that my car loan was paid in full, along with the title -- 17 months early!

That was a blessing in itself, but then I realized the true blessing around mid-May. I was so happy about paying off the car that I had completely forgotten the traumatic incident that happened to me on April 30, 1993. (I guess that means it isn't so traumatic anymore!) And by then, I was still on too big a high to get bummed out by it. In years past, I had shut down for weeks at this time of the year.

So through it all I have been blessed ... better than blessed!
Old 12-19-2003, 05:15 PM

LOL

I am so glad that this page was started.I first want to give God some glory.He is a mighty,powerful,awesome GOD.Without Him I am nothing,but with Him I am something.

Here is my TESTIMONY: Yesterday,I almost got into a fight,some might say that is nothing.But,when others have a certain image of you and you allow pity things to get you out of line with Christ...it is something.I just thank the Lord that there was no fighting.I always pray for the Lord to keep and strengthen me and He did just that.Although,I said somethings I should not have...He kept me from "throwing those bows" (LOL)

*Continue to Pray for Me as I Pray for You
Old 12-19-2003, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

It is so magnificent to see how God truly blesses and takes care of us. No matter what we go through and what others may try to do to us, He always has our back. When others forsake us, ridicule us, talk about us and hate us, He loves us unconditionally and bestows us with His mercy and His grace. I thank Him for His just keeping me on a daily basis. Thank you for starting this post because it shows that not everyone has forgotten that HE IS!!!!!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Truly blessed!!!

Yah see, God gets a hold of me and sets me down in places!!!

Last night, my husband and I attended our first "play" together--"Black Nativity" in Seattle, WA. Both of us were wretched before the play, but afterward, God was not having that and got a hold of me... If you are EVER in Seattle around Christmas time, YOU MUST see the "Black Nativity"--It was truly a blessing for me...

God is good--ALL the time...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 12-20-2003, 04:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I experienced a little (well, alot) of drama on Wednesday. I'm still a little shaken up about it. I'm just thankful to God that he decided to spare me. God is just sooo GOOD!!!! I don't understand people who do not know he is real. He is working in my life and the lives of people I know. I see him working everyday. JESUS IS REAL, I KNOW FOR SURE!!