GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,166
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,361
7 members and 1,354 guests
Cookiez17, John, Low D Flat, MSKKG, willTic, Xidelt

Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post
The addition of the "Blind U-turn" was also long overdue. No one ever would do it before, so this has been a welcome addition. However, I do think that the u-turn should only be in the game when it is realistic that a team can complete both challenges and still stand a chance of not being elimnated. Those two challenges (stacking wood and the shutters thing) both appeared to take HOURS. Therefore, by the producers placing it in that episode, it virtually guaranteed that any team that was u-turned would be eliminated. That is a little excessive, IMHO.
Editing can be misleading. According to Amanda and Kris in their Reality News Online interview, they were only about 10 minutes behind the stunt brothers at the pit stop. They said it it took them about 10 minutes to find the place to take the shutters (although it seemed like forever) and that it didn't take that long to do the woodpile the second time, but it took them 10 minutes to get to it from the u-turn and 10 minutes to get back to the clue box.

That means that, even with the u-turn, they probably wouldn't have been eliminated if they hadn't bailed on the woodpile when it collapsed the first time. That's what cost them the race.

(They also said that Kris also got lost coming down the mountain in Switzerland and ended up at the road like Linda did. He ran and still got to the bottom of the trial before 3 other runners on the mountain.)

I agree that it was time for the blind U-turn, and although it resulted in the team I was liking the most getting eliminated, I think Marge and Luke were right to use it (although they did it for the wrong reason). It's a race, and if you have a chance to get rid of one of the strongest teams, go for it.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Interesting. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
I agree that it was time for the blind U-turn, and although it resulted in the team I was liking the most getting eliminated, I think Marge and Luke were right to use it (although they did it for the wrong reason). It's a race, and if you have a chance to get rid of one of the strongest teams, go for it.
I thought Marge and Luke said they used the blind U-turn exactly for that reason: they were a strong team and tried to eliminate them. Did I miss something?
Old 03-17-2009, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post
I thought Marge and Luke said they used the blind U-turn exactly for that reason: they were a strong team and tried to eliminate them. Did I miss something?
They said they did it because they wanted to give Jaime & Cara more time. Targeting the strong team was smart; doing so to protect another team, not so much, I don't think -- it's an indication that you might be letting your alliance with another team cloud your judgment.

We saw a little of the same thing Sunday night, with the drive to the stadium. Tammy and Victor did the right thing by heading on once they had directions instead of waiting. Marge was smart to follow, while Lucas spent too much energy worrying that they weren't waiting for Jaime and Cara.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Alright, was anybody else totally disappointed that this was a non-elimination leg, even though it was kind of expected because it usually comes around this time. I want these rule-breakers gone. Does Phil seem totally pissed off or what?? Gone! They need to be gone!

I'm liking Tammy and Victor more and more and they (Victor especially) have really grown and are working so much better as a team. I want the nasty girl gone.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Alright, was anybody else totally disappointed that this was a non-elimination leg, even though it was kind of expected because it usually comes around this time. I want these rule-breakers gone. Does Phil seem totally pissed off or what?? Gone! They need to be gone!
Shoot, I wanted double elimination -- I'm tired of the brothers and the sisters. Does nobody read the freaking rules?

The only value in Mark and Michael last night was the comment that they were in the taxi with beautiful women. Oh boy.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ealymc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Shoot, I wanted double elimination -- I'm tired of the brothers and the sisters. Does nobody read the freaking rules?

The only value in Mark and Michael last night was the comment that they were in the taxi with beautiful women. Oh boy.

The Mai Tai Trannies! They looked like a fun crew to be karaokeing in a cab with, at least! Everyone looked like they REALLY enjoyed that task.

Margie and Luke are definitely a team to be reckoned with - she completed that entire leg's tasks alone!

I do agree that the rules need to followed and I'm glad that they are suffering the penalties... I wonder if there is a "third pit-stop penalty, you're out" rule?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

The one I'm really getting sick of is that nasty cheerleader girl. She is so mean to the cab drivers and people in the countries that they are visiting. YUCK!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmom View Post
The one I'm really getting sick of is that nasty cheerleader girl. She is so mean to the cab drivers and people in the countries that they are visiting. YUCK!
I'm with you on that, too.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmom View Post
That's the nasty girl I was referring to also.

And yes, then they said they were with beautiful women, I was also cracking up!
Old 04-13-2009, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX*APhi View Post
Oh, and what was up with that husband/wife team from Virginia? I felt really bad for the wife. She was so worried that her husband was going to be upset and yell at her for taking the wrong path. Poor thing.
I worried about that team because they weren't world-savvy, wily, or physically strong. So I wasn't too surprised when they were eliminated early. But I almost cried when he said afterward that there was no one in the world he would rather have shared this with because there was no one that he trusted more to watch his back. And this was AFTER she had messed up again and again, finally resulting in their elimination. They may not have the million dollar prize, but I'm glad they have each other.

The first time I saw Phil signing to Margie and Luke "You are team number one" I cried. This show pushes all my emotional buttons and makes me cry a lot. Do you guys remember the season in which the last leg was in southern Florida and the African American couple in the lead didn't have money to pay their cab driver? The other two teams were closing in on them, but they wouldn't leave their cabbie and run to the finish line until they had flagged down enough cars to beg the money to pay him. I saw shouting at the tv, "Give him and IOU and run to the finish line!!" OMG, I'm tearing up just remembering it. I wonder how that couple is doing now. Anybody know? They were going to use their winnings to try for an in vitro baby.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Was anybody else a little shocked by the last Road Block? In her thong? Really?
Yeah, that was the first time I've seen TAR throw out such an obvious ratings-booster stunt. I was disapointed in them for that, but if it keeps their ratings high enough for another season I can live with it.

Did anybody catch the basketball sister mention that she had to borrow underwear since she doesn't wear any? It was funny to see her personality emerge a little big, along with her skin. Her light was hidden under the domineering personality of her big sister, who always seems to advise her of exactly the WRONG way to turn when she's driving, but little sister was so obviously proud of her body that it made me smile.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Uchenna and Joyce! I loved them and hope they're doing OK, too. I had read spoilers of the finish but was having doubts, and the last 10 minutes or so of that episode were so nerve-racking, I was pacing around my living room.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

They live in Houston (or at least, they did) and I read that, unfortunately, they divorced. But, haven't heard anything lately. Maybe they worked things out. They sure were a nice couple!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Unregistered-

I can't wait to see next week with Luke going at it with one of the basketball sisters. WTF man. You just don't shove a girl like that. I hope he gets penalized for something...I just can't stand him anymore.

At this point, I really don't have any favorites. If I had to choose one, it'd have to be Tammy and Victor. They're the only ones who don't annoy me.