Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,478
1 members and 1,477 guests
Cookiez17

Old 07-13-2012, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
I hate to be snarky but all the posters are answering the question you THOUGHT you asked and not the one you ACTUALLY asked. You asked: "Is it possible to be apart of a sorority while doubling in these majors and maintaining around a 3.6-3.8 GPA".

And the answer is certainly, because if you are apart from it you would have nothing to do do with it. However, if you want to be a part of one, that's a different story altogether.
Im sure they understood what i meant considering i didn't say "apart from"..instead i said "apart of" meaning together even though i meant to separate apart to "a part".. They didnt respond with that thought, they understood exactly what i meant and continued on to let me know that it was possible and that it is hard. And some continued to let me know that being A PART of the sorority even helped them..so they didn't find any misconception of my typo since they seemed to answer the question correctly. The only misconception on this thread was the assumption that my grades were not good because i said i don't consider myself smart. But sorry for your confusion. You didn't quite answer my question so if you'd like to do so rather than comment on a silly typo that would be great! Thanks in advance
Old 07-13-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitashort View Post
You didn't quite answer my question so if you'd like to do so rather than comment on a silly typo that would be great! Thanks in advance
Typos are not silly when all you have for someone to go on is what you type. "Teh" is a typo. "A part" and "apart" have two completely different meanings. If you don't bother to check what you write, it leads people to assume that you don't bother to check the details of anything else you pursue in life as well.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Typos are not silly when all you have for someone to go on is what you type. "Teh" is a typo. "A part" and "apart" have two completely different meanings. If you don't bother to check what you write, it leads people to assume that you don't bother to check the details of anything else you pursue in life as well.
I would understand it being an issue if other people on this thread posting saw confusion in it..but they didn't so i didn't see what the big deal is...Thats a huge assumption to compare it to not checking the details of anything i purse in life lol. I can assure you the papers i write dont contain those typos. I didn't commit a crime i just wasn't paying attention as i wrote it. I can be a fast typer. Like when i say the word "write" i sometimes write "right" because im just not paying attention online. Stuff happens. Its kind of crazy for this to be over thought and the little mistake i made to be made into a big deal. But i understand that is some people's opinion. now i'd like to stay back on topic if you don't mind since this is getting off topic.

Last edited by Vitashort; 07-13-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:36 PM

Responding to a post about typos with a typo ridden post =
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Responding to a post about typos with a typo ridden post =
Typo ridden post? Fail? That's mature. This has nothing to do with the context of my thread so please stop this. This is being taken way too far. I've never seen someone on this site get commented for the mistakes they've made and i've seen plenty of miswritten words. It's not that serious. Nobody died.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Typo ridden post? Fail? That's mature. This has nothing to do with the context of my thread so please stop this. This is being taken way too far. I've never seen someone on this site get commented for the mistakes they've made and i've seen plenty of miswritten words. It's not that serious. Nobody died.
Then you're obviously VEEEEEEEERY new, since people get called out all the time, especially for apart/a part. Oh, and expecting a thread to stay on topic is also very rookie around here.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Then you're obviously VEEEEEEEERY new, since people get called out all the time, especially for apart/a part. Oh, and expecting a thread to stay on topic is also very rookie around here.
I am very new. So far it just seems like people want to pick arguments and i don't like that. It's unnecessary. If people posting got confused by that i would understand the need to point out my mistake but they didn't so it just wasn't necessary to be rude about it or as they put it "snarky".
Old 07-13-2012, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am very new. So far it just seems like people want to pick arguments and i don't like that. It's unnecessary. If people posting got confused by that i would understand the need to point out my mistake but they didn't so it just wasn't necessary to be rude about it or as they put it "snarky".
He's what you seem to be missing:

1. You can't control what someone posts on this thread, or the direction it takes.
2. Many people take spelling and grammar seriously here. Why should anyone take the effort to answer your question if you don't take the effort to form it properly. This is a life lesson applicable outside of cyberland as well.
3. You can't argue "I've never seen people do X here" and "I'm new" at the same time as they invalidate each other.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
He's what you seem to be missing:

1. You can't control what someone posts on this thread, or the direction it takes.
2. Many people take spelling and grammar seriously here. Why should anyone take the effort to answer your question if you don't take the effort to form it properly. This is a life lesson applicable outside of cyberland as well.
3. You can't argue "I've never seen people do X here" and "I'm new" at the same time as they invalidate each other.
But one little thing i made a mistake on in the whole entire post and they choose to start something over that when everyone else seemed to understand what i meant? I just find that absurd. When i said that i meant since being on here i have seen plenty of miswritten words and i hadn't seen people comment on them, they just continued on with answering the post. I understand what you are saying and thank you for the insight, i just wish others would have explained that without being rude like you did. A simple "hey next time just make sure you say "a part" instead of "apart" INCASE(because nobody did) someone has a problem understanding what you meant" would have sufficed..It's the way people say things.

You just made a typo and meant to say "Here's" instead you said "He's", but it's not that big of a deal because i understood what you mean. Do you get what i mean? It wasn't that serious to make a huge deal about it.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But one little thing i made a mistake on in the whole entire post and they choose to start something over that when everyone else seemed to understand what i meant? I just find that absurd. When i said that i meant since being on here i have seen plenty of miswritten words and i hadn't seen people comment on them, they just continued on with answering the post. I understand what you are saying and thank you for the insight, i just wish others would have explained that without being rude like you did. A simple "hey next time just make sure you say "a part" instead of "apart" INCASE(because nobody did) someone has a problem understanding what you meant" would have sufficed..It's the way people say things.

You just made a typo and meant to say "Here's" instead you said "He's", but it's not that big of a deal because i understood what you mean. Do you get what i mean? It wasn't that serious to make a huge deal about it.
Some of us, me included, stir up drama here for amusements and tickles. You're the latest victim. Congrats, it's like initiation here and you've just received a badge on your sash.

In other words, it's not that serious unless you make it serious.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Some of us, me included, stir up drama here for amusements and tickles. You're the latest victim. Congrats, it's like initiation here and you've just received a badge on your sash.

In other words, it's not that serious unless you make it serious.
True. And at least you admit it. Some people on here seem to act like they aren't trying to get on another person's nerves. If only there was some kind of manual that warned us about this site. haha, i would have been more prepared.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Banned

Your communication skills do matter when you are seeking the help of strangers.

Would it kill you to properly capitalize the word I?
Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_or_Geek? View Post
Your communication skills do matter when you are seeking the help of strangers.

Would it kill you to properly capitalize the word I?
Sometimes I feel like it and then sometimes i don't. Lol. It depends on my mood when I'm online. When I am speaking to a person that actually matters and when I am trying to appear professional, of course capitalization, punctuation, and grammar matters. On a forum, not so much. I'm not trying to impress anybody, I am seeking answers about other things than that. If someone chooses not to respond to my thread because of something so small as that, that is their perogative.Thanks for bringing in insight that has nothing to do with this post. TTFN.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Banned

Again, it is an indication of both your character and good manners to respectfully address people from whom you're seeking advice. Part of that respect is the use of proper grammar. You've now told everyone here that they don't really matter to you, you're simply here to use them. Good luck with your quest to be apart from a sorority.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_or_Geek? View Post
Again, it is an indication of both your character and good manners to respectfully address people from whom you're seeking advice. Part of that respect is the use of proper grammar. You've now told everyone here that they don't really matter to you, you're simply here to use them. Good luck with your quest to be apart from a sorority.
Lmao considering I never said "apart from" and I said "apart of" I will leave it to you to use your common sense like I did with AlphaFrog's typo. I also never saw it as disrespectful to make typos or not capitalize something online, but I will now take it into consideration. Thank you.