GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,162
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 1,035
2 members and 1,033 guests
PGD-GRAD
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradesTrue View Post
Wow.

I'm outta here. Leaving this to AOII Angel.

Calling for a lock before this gets ugly.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jp685
I'm really not in AOPi and my email was professional and forwarded to the sisters in my chapter and board and advisor. If my email was sent to someone outside of my chapter then I'm confused as to why.

or maybe I am O.o

Last edited by Jp685; 09-12-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp685 View Post
I told them I threatened to disaffiliate if the problems were not resolved, that's why they're bringing the papers..
But you have to admit... that's pretty gangsta of them.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

I understand why you are upset if these women did use chapter funds without authorization for a retreat and souvenirs (the sweatshirts). I can understand the disappointment in not being able to have the formal you had hoped for. What I can't understand is why you would be willing to give up your membership over this-you have invested several years with your sorority and are about to be an alumna, where a whole different set of member benefits come in to play, such as networking to find a job, friendship and companionship if you move somewhere where you don't know a soul. Think about what you truly are giving up and compare the value of your sorority lifetime membership to a sit down dinner at your formal-which won't matter to you 5 years from now.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jp685
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I understand why you are upset if these women did use chapter funds without authorization for a retreat and souvenirs (the sweatshirts). I can understand the disappointment in not being able to have the formal you had hoped for. What I can't understand is why you would be willing to give up your membership over this-you have invested several years with your sorority and are about to be an alumna, where a whole different set of member benefits come in to play, such as networking to find a job, friendship and companionship if you move somewhere where you don't know a soul. Think about what you truly are giving up and compare the value of your sorority lifetime membership to a sit down dinner at your formal-which won't matter to you 5 years from now.
Yes, you're right I have invested a lot of time and money these past 3 years. I think I overreacted a little. This is a new eboard that was just elected this fall, so maybe I can get some of the former exec board to teach them transparency. I really hope the meeting just goes well and they don't try to justify their actions. I'm glad they are at least giving me a chance to speak. It would make me really sad if one new executive board was the reason for my disaffiliation. I know my sisters wouldn't want to see me go.
Closed Thread