GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,140
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, LatexXUK
» Online Users: 1,075
0 members and 1,075 guests
No Members online

Old 01-25-2001, 06:04 PM
Unregistered-

"In-Laws"...heh heh.

His father's a trip. He's a wonderful man, exactly like his son when it comes to personality--they're both funny, and at times, too much. He's a Boy Scout leader and likes the great outdoors, which would explain his collections of badges, nature stuff, and guns (I stayed away from those things).

He's also very generous, he took us out to dinner many times. Since we rarely get to see him he also paid for our skiing passes and Disneyland Passports. BTW, the new California theme park is awesome. We got a sneak peek at it when we went.

His mother flew in from Belgium (they've been divorced since he was 2) two days before we left LA and she is a talkative woman! She's also very nice, and she's always excited to talk about anything from Hawaii.

I had such a good time with his family and friends that I didn't want to leave...but now it's back to reality for me!

Speaking of reality, Mark Wahlberg (Temptation Island producer) was on Fox News this morning talking about the Taheed and Ytossie situation. He couldn't go into much detail about it, but he did say that they did do extensive background checks on each couple, but somehow the child situation must've been overlooked. He also said that the public finding out about this is not a big deal, since the objective of the show is not "who gets the pot of $$$". There's only 3 episodes left...I wonder what will happen next!

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Old 01-26-2001, 01:36 AM
Unregistered-

I also heard that Taheed and Ytossie were parents. Last week when I was in LA I heard it on the radio, and sure enough I heard about it again this morning.

Rumor has it that Taheed and Ytossie were forced to go into counseling to ensure that no harm was done for the sake of the (child?)children. I don't know, that's what the DJ said this morning. It makes sense though, because even if the couple was at a "crossroads" in their relationship, they carried more baggage than the other couples did. In my opinion, those two wanted to break up long ago-they just didn't because of the children, and the show was a means to see if it really was worth staying together.

I know that I had said earlier that I didn't want to watch the show--but I saw it for the first time last week--and I am hooked. I guess I can watch West Wing reruns this summer!

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by ISU_XO:
Good Scoop Cutie! - where did you hear that they were parents?
The next morning after the first episode premiered, I was watching the TODAY show with Katie Couric (sidebar: she's a TriDelta) and the scoop was there!

Old 02-01-2001, 04:33 PM
ISU_XO

Since I am now addicted to Temp Island- saw it last night. I did not understand- did the producers find out about Taheed and Ytossie on their own or was it her talk with that guy on the date that spilled the secret?

I'm wondering if she was so unhappy with her boyfriend that she told the date guy about the kid knowing they would get kicked off the island.
Old 02-01-2001, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphi2k
ISU_XO,
very good question. my initial instinct is that she was so distraught by all the events going on, not getting a video when she had finally broken down and sent him one, that she told that guy so that they could get the 'ol heave ho and end the nightmare. they had to sign a contract before going on the show to say they had no kids. she had to have known what she was doing. although, i do love the fact that instead of sending their butts home, they get to stay in a resort on the island to work out their obviously warped and damaged relationship....i hate the show. the premise is horrible and is all that is wrong with the world. but i am so hooked it's rediculous.

------------------
Gamma Phi Beta
University of Toronto
Alpha Alpha
Old 02-01-2001, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I watched the show for the first time last night. I must say that it was very disturbing...

------------------
MCCOYRED

Dynamic
Salient
Temperate

Mu Psi '86
BaltCo Alumnae
Old 02-01-2001, 06:04 PM
Unregistered-

On one of my previous posts I mentioned that interview with Mark Wahlberg on Fox News. In that interview he had explained that people close to Ytossie and Taheed had given them information about their son (perhaps they didn't agree with what they were doing?). They did another background check (since it was obvious the first one didn't work) and it was true.

This is what I think--she told that guy about her son and Fox manipulated the footage to make it seem like the producers found out after she let the secret out of the bag. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's just what I think. I've seen too many reality shows manipulated to improve dramatic quality.

Oh well...only two more episodes to go!

------------------
Old 02-01-2001, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

My Arguementation (CA 210) class is doing a debate on "reality" based TV. So today, we had to watch Temptation Island. It made me sick! I couldn't believe it - I was emabarrased for those people. I was embarrased to be watching it. It really is very very disturbing.
Old 02-01-2001, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
I watched the show for the first time last night, and I think out of all the reality based shows. This Temptation Island is not right. It's not right you hear me!!

[ Ya Heard]

------------------
Peace
KL
Old 02-01-2001, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm hooked on the show and I can't understand why. I hate it because it takes work away from legitmite actors, but I'ts like I'm involved with it for some reason. Maybe because that guy shares my name. No one named Billy should break up with Girlfriend on tv.
Old 02-02-2001, 12:16 PM
ISU_XO

Just to clarify - I hate idea too. Just as I don't like "The Man Show" or "The XFL". And I think the new "Survivor" is all about sex now too. Why then do I watch? If any Psychology student is out there with an answer I would love to know!
Old 02-02-2001, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I dont like what happened on the new Survivor last night. It looks like their trying to eliminate the strongest ones and keep the weaker people. I thought that one girl who a lot of people said bad thing about should have been booted. Or the girl who couldn't hold down what she ate. I agree. It seems like their basing it way too much these days on sex. Its all rating I guess.

[This message has been edited by Miami1839 (edited February 02, 2001).]
Old 02-08-2001, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Who all thinks that Megan got screwed last night?? It was probably better that she didn't get picked. The guys will probably be better off. That girl could have ripped several relationships apart.
Old 02-08-2001, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Meagan did get screwed last night. All of the three guys dated her, but she wasnt picked for the last date. I think we all knew that Billy was going to go out with Vanessa, but Andy was putting on this show about how much he liked Meagan and had already talked to her about going on the last date together. Kaya i think wanted to go out with her as well, but because of Andy, he picked Allison. I dont really like Andy, and i think Shannon could do better. For example, TOM- that guy is a cutie and i really hope Shannon picks Tom for the last "romantic" date. I dont know who Mandy is going to pick, and I cant tell about Valerie either. You can really tell that Valerie is very much in love with her boyfriend because she hasnt really opened herself up with any of the guys and is always thinking about him when she goes out on the dates.

I am upset that they are not going to show it next week and i have to wait TWO weeks!! I am so hooked on this show, can anyone tell?

------------------
"He is not perfect, you are not perfect. The question is whether or not you are perfect for each other"
Old 02-08-2001, 12:14 PM
ISU_XO

I agree- Kaya def. did not pick Meg just to save Andy's feelings and then I think Andy did not pick her because he knew how bad Meg wanted to go out with Kaya- did you catch the wink she gave Kaya when it was his turn to pick? I think Andy caught that too and to shove it in Megs face..did not pick her.

I did feel bad for Andy though- I don't think one girl picked him for their dream date.