GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,570
4 members and 1,566 guests
Cookiez17, Happy Alum, John

Old 06-10-2003, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bcdphie
Charles De Gaulle - especially for that bonehead thing you said during your visit to Quebec in the 60's during the FLQ crisis
I wasn't sure what that was, so I had to look it up. Here is the explanation for those who wanna know (hey, I took history back in High School...it's been a while!) :
On an official State visit to Canada in 1967 to celebrate that country's 100 years of nationhood, President de Gaulle ignited a storm of controversy in the anglophone world when he stood before a crowd of 100,000 Quebecers in Montreal and uttered: Vive le Québec Libre! (i.e. Long live Free Quebec) While this support for Quebec's liberation was a monumental diplomatic blunder and interference into another country's private affairs, it was one that inflamed the passion of some nationalist Quebecers and inspired members the emerging secession movement. Following de Gaulle's remark, the Prime Minister of Canada, Lester B. Pearson, cancelled plans for de Gaulle's visit to the capital of Ottawa, and asked the French President to leave the country. Criticized at home in France for the remarks, his opponents reminded the wartime general of the thousands of Canadian soldiers (see: Vimy Ridge) buried all over France who fought and died for France's freedom in both World Wars. Critics also drew the parallel for interference between Quebec independence and the Franco-German historic contestation of ownership of the German-speaking Alsace and Lorraine regions seized by France after the War.

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 06-10-2003 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

George W. looks like a dumb azz after they released on the news yesturday that no weapons of mass destruction were ever found in Iraq....And what was our reason for going over there again....
Old 06-11-2003, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

King Richard III. Way to loose France. Your mother was the rightful heir, and your uncle was the king. They both died, you get crown, but no, you were all like "I live in England, Im drinking some tea."
Old 06-11-2003, 04:57 PM

Hey, Neville Chamberlain.

Way to believe HITLER, dumbass.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by AZpinkkittie
High five on the Christopher Columbus thing. Dumbass for not knowing he'd hit a completely different land mass (which wasn't north america by the way, it was the west indies. Amerigo Vespuci found north america, hence the name America) and dumbass royalty for going along with him. I can't hate him to much though, at least he realized the world was round.
I thought Columbus was looking for the West Indies, but ran into North America instead. I tell you what, it's all messed up...Vespuci got America named after him, but Columbus got credit for discovering it, even though it had already been discovered before by the ancient Irish and the Vikings.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Richard Nixon for obvious reasons.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Marie Antoinette: Little known fact, one of the crimes they got her on was lesbianism and child endangerment(she slept with her female lover with her son in the bed.) Sicko freak....that probably scarred the kid for life...but then so did the guillotine. And she liked the freaky sex stuff...old french cartoons of her and her "hardware" if you catch my drift...and if you don't sorry

And freaking Napolean...he was short, not just kinda short, but teensy...talk about small man syndrome. Buried in 5 successively larger sarcrophaguses(Sarcophagi?) Can't be happy with your victories, gotta go get some more, then lose and get banished. What an a$$.

P.S. And I'm a French teacher!
Old 06-11-2003, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Napoleon, what was up with that hand that was hidden in his coat. Was it diseased or a fashion statement?

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Old 06-12-2003, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Damn the Royal families. Marrying your cousin is not a good thing.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PotentialPledge
How about the former Mayor of DC Marion Barry. Who got arrested for smoking crack in a hotel with a prostitute. He went to jail and when he got out he ran for mayor again and won. People in DC are retarded.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Banned

The house of Windsor is full of imbusils.

Dante, Raphael and Michaelangelo were all fags.

Pope Pius XII was Hitler's puppet.

The Dupont family shoulda stayed in France.

King Edward II could never figure out how to control the Scots.

Czar Nicholos II should of acted more like Ivan the IV.

The Nazi soldiers were rollin all the time, no wonder they lost.

Queen Elizabeth I was a bitch.

George Patton was Hannibal reincarnated.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Adam and Eve!

Eve, why couldn't you resist the temptation? Were you deaf or just stupid? The lord told you all to leave those trees alone! It is because of you, that us women have to go through painful childbirth.

Adam, were you that whipped to let Eve talk you into eating the apple? Boooo hisssssss! And, it is because of you that our world is fallen.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 06-12-2003, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Babe Ruth, what a fricking fat slob. His wive is also a major a-hole for the way she treated Roger Maris during his then record breaking season.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
Napoleon. Dude! The delusions of grandeur? The excessive man-whoring? I think someone was compensating for something. A man of 5'2" can't be that well hung.

George Wallace. Damn, do you realize how f*cking stupid you sounded? You're damn lucky the federal government didn't come oust your ass. The people of Alabama should come piss on your grave (too bad that's a misdemeanor).
Old 06-12-2003, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Neil Armstrong what a loser the only reason he went to the moon is to bring GLO badges there.