GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,142
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, CalderTide
» Online Users: 1,226
1 members and 1,225 guests
No Members online

Old 08-10-2012, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't drink coffee but reading the descriptions, I'd like Willow or Breakfast!

Best of luck!!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
I'll bet later she did notice!! And the tears came.
Well if she did - she never owned up to it. . She's not very emotional by nature, she had lots of friends going there, something she was involved in from day 1, and she pretty much jumped in with both feet without looking back much.

Coug2012 and Caylaashley, I am really looking forward to hearing both of your stories!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOmom View Post
Coug2012 and Caylaashley, I am really looking forward to hearing both of your stories!
Even though I'm a Husky and feel like I shouldn't even be reading this thread I am also rooting for both of you. Good luck and HAVE FUN!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

go Tribute!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone! Pullman has been great so far! Moving in has been exhausting but I'm excited to start everything. I'm going to see my parents and sister one last time tomorrow before they leave and then go off to breakfast and pnm orientation. I'll miss them but I know I will keep in contact with them planty
Old 08-14-2012, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

first day of parties went well! I'm going to delay my story a little though so I don't become identifiable.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Wise decision - but here's a suggestion. IF you aren't completely exhausted, type it up and save it, then post it next week (or shortly thereafter). If you wait until next week to type it you'll be busy hanging out with new sisters, starting classes, meeting people, going on date dashes, football games, etc., and we won't get to hear your story until Thanksgiving Break!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

thanks for the advice! I went ahead and did that. Now time to iron clothes for tomorrow!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 1 Day 1 delayed

Breakfast This was the first house so it was pretty exciting! They were nice but it was the only house that day that I got double rushed at. It isn’t always bad to get double rushed I guess but it just stood out since it was the only one. The girls were a little awkward too; I found myself asking a lot more questions than one girl. It wasn’t horrible though.

Yukon I loved this house! The conversations were a great balance of light subjects and what we actually value. The conversations were very free flowing as well! I really wanted to come back to this one.

Holiday The girls were very sweet and the conversations were easy, however, I found myself coming away from this house just thinking they’re cute and feeling like I didn’t know much else about them.

Verona I really did not enjoy my time here. I am trying to stay open though, knowing I only met 3 out of over 100. The girls just seemed very robotic, like they had a checklist of questions to fulfill, leading the conversation to not be free flowing at all. It seemed like there wasn’t interest in getting to truly know me, just figuring out if I met a certain criteria exactly.

Veranda The girls here seemed very caring and I was able to have some great conversations with multiple girls here. They seemed super close with lots of holiday themed sisterhoods and I loved that!

Columbia I really liked this house. I love that they are one of the stronger chapters academically and that they all seem very supportive of each other. They were one of my favorites today but I found myself wishing I could have had a little deeper of conversations with some of the girls.

Kona So the girls were super nice individually and I had great conversations with most of the girls I talked to here, but for some reason sisterhood never came up in this round which I thought was weird since all other chapters focused on that.

Over all I loved meeting so many people. I may have not enjoyed certain chapters as much as others but I know that I only met a couple people out of many... but I do have to make decisions based off of something.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^YAY! Thanks for posting. Daughter just read it and told me who she thought was who (we had fun with that), but she thinks you did a great job of keeping it honest, stating your feelings in a polite way, and being general enough that on most of them she could MAYBE narrow it down a little bit, but not much.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I was about to post another update but it didn't work for some reason so I will have to do it when I have more time. I still have programming tonight.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Pike Place I loved this chapter! they didn't seem over the top which is how I am and they seemed motivated and honest

Espresso I liked this house and had great conversations with the girls. They brought out my outgoing side but I don't know if I could handle a whole house of girls like them.

Kenya I like this house alot! I had a great conversation with a girl who had the same major as me.

Willow Really good conversations with 2 girls. One was a little awkward but that was okay. Nothing stand out about this chapter.

Sumatra They didn't seem as motivated as me and I don't know if we had much in common. The conversation wasn't awkward but the girls I talked to didn't seem to get excited about anything I said.

Tribute Really good conversation but for some reason they didn't excite me at this point compared to other chapters.

Ranking (all ones are equal)
1. Pike Place
1. Yukon
1. Veranda
1. Columbia
1. Kenya
1. Espresso
1. Holiday
1. Tribute
1. Willlow
1. Kona
2. Sumatra
3. Breakfast
4. Verona
Old 08-20-2012, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

you can't stop posting NOW! recruitment is finished in Pullman ... we need to know how it finished!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Well she does have classes today, so she'll have to go to those at some point (LOL) but I'm really looking forward to hearing the rest especially since the coffee I picked is currently the front runner!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll update tomorrow! I only have 2 classes!